BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Holding the management to account

22 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I genuinely think we need to start holding Waggott, Mowbray, Venus and Park to account.

We need to put together a well thought out statement and put pressure on, after an absolute shambolic transfer window not replacing 28 goals.

There was zero plan, blocking youth development by signing loans and then not loaning them out.

How do we start putting pressure on the awful management we have seen this past year.

2 wins in 17 last year and not one bit of pressure on Mowbray.

How do we get traction with statements etc etc? 

@glen9mullan @RevidgeBlue@RoversTrust

Organise an open meeting, invite them and have a proper open floor. Get someone like Richard Askam to ask the questions, as this will ultimately be reported on TV, That it's taking place, its taken place and why.

Yes the club may respond that they meet on a regular basis with various supporter groups/supporters, However this is on their terms.

A pro-active approach to setting the meeting up, the venue and getting them to come is half the battle won.

This would certainly get supporter's to attend, who no longer go to the matches etc.

The problem with club organised meetings, is the general consensus of deja vue. Same questions, different day, same result.

King Georges Hall perhaps with the Rovers trust heading it up, open to all on a first come first served basis. From previous experience these events are full, and brings a really good cross section of support.

With any first step, it takes someone to lift their head above the parapet, setting up threads like this is a good start

• Like 6

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I genuinely think we need to start holding Waggott, Mowbray, Venus and Park to account.

We need to put together a well thought out statement and put pressure on, after an absolute shambolic transfer window not replacing 28 goals.

There was zero plan, blocking youth development by signing loans and then not loaning them out.

How do we start putting pressure on the awful management we have seen this past year.

agreed (they all want sacking not just holding to acount) but why does this sunhail bloke get off? not much is said of him but he does seem to be heavily involved in things, especially when money and player transfers are involved. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 7

34 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

agreed (they all want sacking not just holding to acount) but why does this sunhail bloke get off? not much is said of him but he does seem to be heavily involved in things, especially when money and player transfers are involved. 

He's the only one who can really answer the questions that needs asking he is the owners right hand man. I'm constantly amazed he's allowed to continue his existence in some sort of parallel universe away any scrutiny. Local press should be ashamed of themselves, if he won't front up then flush him out, call him out but do something.

What really is his role ?   Who else is he connected to ?   Who pays him and how much ?   Is he on some kind of % for wheeling and dealing players or is he connected to or running his own agency from the club ?   

And why does he just sit back and hide in the shadows whilst the club goes round in circles and Mowbray & Waggot seem to do what they want ?

If he's completely powerless then why is he even here, if he is ?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve recently rejoined the Rovers Trust board. We had a board meeting last week were all these things were discussed, amongst other issues. Clearly the Trust needs to be a lot more active and visible - this will come. We are working on a number of things, and this thread and the ideas are now being shared with the board.

Trust hat off, this is me speaking personally… I’m infuriated by the clubs total disregard for the rules around fan consultations, and I’m going way back before COVID here. They have never fully met the standards set out by the EFL, and it’s only the toothless nature of, and reluctance to accept any responsibility by the EFL that has prevented punishment against the club for their failings.

As a start, fans could individually pressure the club into holding the proper, inclusive meetings with the owners or their representatives twice annually as they are duty bound to do. Of course the second part is getting organised and enough people there willing to ask tough questions, rather than being happy to be regaled by Mowbray (who shouldn’t even be there).

Trust hat back on… there are moves taking place. I don’t want to sound like Waggott with the whole “we will look into it”, but the ideas outlined here will be taken on board. We need to be far more open in our activities and let our members know exactly what’s going on - I’ll strive to ensure that happens.

I know these things can take time Miller, but these things need to work at pace now whilst they are vulnerable with the shit show of a transfer window and 2 wins in 17 farce.

How quickly can we expect something to happen, as it is all well and good the trust saying all this but actions need to happen, and the trust are much bigger than just a few randoms fuming at the club and management

6 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I understand certain loyal, dedicated and well meaning fans have been working selflessly behind the scenes to establish lines of communication with the owners and that those initial efforts appear to have been well received, early signs are relatively encouraging  and as a result the process is ongoing.

I'm not privy to what has been said in discussions  between the Club and said parties as I am not part of said group and it was apparently  agreed by all that everything should remain confidential.

However I am led to believe that looking forward to next season and beyond there are genuine grounds for optimism and that certain changes have already been made behind the scenes which potentially could also be very positive. I'm not quite sure why the Club haven't actually announced these changes yet but I am presuming they will be  doing so in due course.

These changes with potentially a good deal more to come would also tend to suggest that when people say the owners don't  know what's going on at Ewood or simply don't care, that is very much wide of the mark.

However as with everything we'll have to see what actually unfurls in due course and see if these green shoots of optimism are justified.

In the meantime, I'd urge everyone whether as an individual or as part of a particular fan group to keep up the pressure and contribute their constructive views and feedback.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

These changes with potentially a good deal more to come would also tend to suggest that when people say the owners don't  know what's going on at Ewood or simply don't care, that is very much wide of the mark.

So they were fully aware of the plan to flog off Brockhall, then?

@RoversClitheroe I suppose it really depends on what you’d like or expect to happen.

There are key issues that the Trust can always work on that are laid it in the constitution. Things like contributing to the Fan Led Review of Football Governance headed up by Tracy  Crouch MP being an example.

As JHRover has just touched on, we are asking, as shareholders, why a shareholders meeting cannot be held, because there’s no two ways about it, it ought to be happening.

Questioning the way the club is run, seeking fan representation and looking out for supporters interests will always be part of the remit, and at the moment there is real concern around the general decline around the club, cost cutting, apparent lack of a plan etc. And this was highlighted in the open letter to Venky’s shortly before the recent board elections. The feedback on that was largely supportive of the Trust’s message, but far from unanimous. 

Regarding your specific points in the opening post, there would be nothing preventing us from putting out a statement today asking for clarity around what happened during the window, what discussions took place during that wretched run of form, and highlighting our concerns about the lack of long term strategy and planning. For the Trust to take this a level further, and by that I mean taking up a stance in opposition to the clubs management, board or owners, we’d need a clear mandate from the membership.

Take the recent Brockhall saga. The trust polled it’s members asking what they thought of the clubs plans. Broadly, a third we’re in favour, a third against, and a third we’re unsure. The right approach therefore was to ask questions of the club regarding it. A lot of work went into this alongside the Brockhall residents committee, that’s a relationship that is continuing and may well be key over the coming months. Personally, I’d have liked to have been down at Brockhall with a banner, but to have done that under a Rovers Trust banner wouldn’t have been right at that point.

The Trust’s inbox isn’t overflowing with requests from members to take Waggott, Mowbray or Venky’s to task, and looking elsewhere there are plenty of people that seem satisfied or even pleased with our dealings in this transfer window. If this changes, so must the Trust’s stance. It’s one member, one vote.

We need to increase membership, certainly. And I know I speak for everyone on the board when I say it would be great to have some more active members who want to get involved. Loads of work to be done, we would love to co-opt some new board members and work with as many fans as we can on various ideas and projects.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I understand certain loyal, dedicated and well meaning fans have been working selflessly behind the scenes to establish lines of communication with the owners and that those initial efforts appear to have been well received, early signs are relatively encouraging  and as a result the process is ongoing.

I'm not privy to what has been said in discussions  between the Club and said parties as I am not part of said group and it was apparently  agreed by all that everything should remain confidential.

However I am led to believe that looking forward to next season and beyond there are genuine grounds for optimism and that certain changes have already been made behind the scenes which potentially could also be very positive. I'm not quite sure why the Club haven't actually announced these changes yet but I am presuming they will be  doing so in due course.

However as with everything we'll have to see what actually unfurls in due course and see if these green shoots of optimism are justified.

In the meantime, I'd urge everyone whether as an individual or as part of a particular fan group to keep up the pressure and contribute their constructive views and feedback.

Thanks for the update Rev. Is this group the DarrenRover group that was on here before posting?

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Do you not think it was Balaji who stop it? After investing money into the academy structure since becoming owners and its possibly more vital than ever that we need the academy going forward in terms of first team squad and need to keep producing these players. Why would they get rid of it?

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Whoa. Didn't say that at all Matty.

I meant in relation to not being aware about what is generally going on at Ewood I.e. that management have allowed us to get into a situation where £30 m + worth of talent could walk away for nothing next summer etc.

As regards the specific question of Brockhall the simple answer is I don't know. My view is the owners don't need to sell a few acres of land nr Whalley and were probably initially spun a line by the Coventrio about a new world class training facility. However I could be completely wrong.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

If anyone is to be targeted, then it has to be Maggot. Don't even bother with TM as if you can remove the Brockhall schemer and (fingers crossed)
get a semi competent MD, then TM will go after his usual poor run. Use the rules against them as other people have suggested and the relevant authorities, in combination with the media and celebs such as Matt Smith. Aiming for TM won't be fully backed by fans, TMs blue n white army had been chanted at matches, so again avoid further division and focus on those running the club.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Really really interesting, thanks for the insight Rev, thought your statement/information around Brockhall was absolutely fantastic and I'm disappointed more fans didn't back it.

Interesting around next season and being optimistic about the future, are you able to elaborate or is it highly confidential? 

Hoping the future also involves The TM lads all leave.

• Like 4

Yes…Yes…Yes….I will be there….How ? Where ? 

I got seriously burned the last time we, as fans  tried to apply pressure…….I lost, who I believed ,were friends …my mental health suffered and for what ? We’re in even more trouble now than we were then no identity, no pride, no future, no heart , no balls. .

Back in the day we had the likes of Henry Winter fighting our cause….and now ? …nobody as we are perceived as a lost club heading to even more mediocrity.

Some Rovers fans continue to support and believe the crap spouted by the 3 ( I wouldn’t know what the owners spout ) ..so well done them but I can’t do that…until I see some semblance of guts, decency and transparency ..it’s not for me.

But…..I will fight and support others who have the real BRFC at heart ….not the shell we have become .

• Like 7

Miller is exactly right, there is no groundswell against how the club is being run currently. As he says, even the Rovers Trust had no majority against flogging off Brockhall and the membership aren’t up in arms with the present situation.

There’s generally just a shoulder shrugging ‘we are where we are’ malaise around the whole place - including the fanbase. That anger we saw circa 2011 to 2016 has long dissipated.

I hope change really is afoot, though I think the likes of Rev are being a tad naive, as we’ve heard it all before, but change will only come  when the owners themselves wake up, as there won’t be any sit ins at Ewood or angry public meetings at King George’s any time soon.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for the update Rev. Is this group the DarrenRover group that was on here before posting?

Yes.

There is an immense amount of top level experience and expertise available to the Club within the group.

Notwithstanding the silly criticism on here of their QEGS background.

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Really really interesting, thanks for the insight Rev, thought your statement/information around Brockhall was absolutely fantastic and I'm disappointed more fans didn't back it.

Interesting around next season and being optimistic about the future, are you able to elaborate or is it highly confidential? 

Hoping the future also involves The TM lads all leave.

Can't say anything more and I'm not aware of any real detail anyway just of a couple of developments that have happened already so far.

It really is up to the Club to deliver on these seemingly promising developments in due course and keep us all informed on a managed basis.

33 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yes.

There is an immense amount of top level experience and expertise available to the Club within the group.

Notwithstanding the silly criticism on here of their QEGS background.

thanks for the reply 

Well lets hope we the club and this group reveal the plan going forward. 

I would hope darrenrover would update the board but I fully understand that might and most likely not viable at this stage 

43 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

If anyone is to be targeted, then it has to be Maggot. Don't even bother with TM as if you can remove the Brockhall schemer and (fingers crossed)
get a semi competent MD, then TM will go after his usual poor run. Use the rules against them as other people have suggested and the relevant authorities, in combination with the media and celebs such as Matt Smith. Aiming for TM won't be fully backed by fans, TMs blue n white army had been chanted at matches, so again avoid further division and focus on those running the club.

I agree with the go after waggott bit.

Still think you'll split the supporter base with that. Some seem to think that the we are a well run club.

• Like 1