BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Holding the management to account

22 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

I'm firmly in this group, having been brought up on regular visits to Ewood Park under Bobby Saxton, Howard Kendal, Jim Smith, Gordon Lee, Don Mackay and the like. The key factor for me is the dismantling of any real local interest or affinity within the local senior management team. The arsehole currently masquerading as Chief Executive wouldn't have had a nanosecond's attention from anyone under the likes of Bill Fox, or John Williams, and would be nowhere near the top table (except maybe to sweep up after a game). Until there is a locally oriented, Rovers-obsessed and committed management structure back in place, I'm afraid the club will remain in the doldrums and supporters will continue to be treated like an inconvenient afterthought, akin to a verruca, by the shameful morons who are running our club into the ground.

Nearly vomited when I saw this... https://www.walmsleywilkinson.com/news-and-insights/interviews/inspiring-leaders-steve-waggott-ceo-blackburn-rovers/ 

UN FUCKING BELIEVEABLE!!

I posted that a while ago it struck me as very relevant everything you need to know about how he works is in there. He'll squeeze it till it pops, make sure there is enough to cover his own wages then fire off and leave someone else to pick up the pieces.

4 hours ago, Gav said:

We signed no strikers in the window because we're skint and the owners want to do it on the cheap. Players are out of contract because we're skint and we want to do everything on the cheap. We have no European scout because we're skint, we want to do everything on the cheap, the ground looks neglected because we're skint, we want to do everything on the cheap. The club shop is closed a week before the season kicks off, full of new shirts, because we're skint and they want to everything on the cheap, I could go on......

Venkys out.

Ultimately it is Venkys fault and responsibility, but we don't play £13 million of strikers out of position on the wing because we're skint.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Ultimately it is Venkys fault and responsibility, but we don't play £13 million of strikers out of position on the wing because we're skint.

You’re quite right Hasta, but all the points still stand, regardless of who the manager is.

5 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

I'm firmly in this group, having been brought up on regular visits to Ewood Park under Bobby Saxton, Howard Kendal, Jim Smith, Gordon Lee, Don Mackay and the like. The key factor for me is the dismantling of any real local interest or affinity within the local senior management team. The arsehole currently masquerading as Chief Executive wouldn't have had a nanosecond's attention from anyone under the likes of Bill Fox, or John Williams, and would be nowhere near the top table (except maybe to sweep up after a game). Until there is a locally oriented, Rovers-obsessed and committed management structure back in place, I'm afraid the club will remain in the doldrums and supporters will continue to be treated like an inconvenient afterthought, akin to a verruca, by the shameful morons who are running our club into the ground.

Nearly vomited when I saw this... https://www.walmsleywilkinson.com/news-and-insights/interviews/inspiring-leaders-steve-waggott-ceo-blackburn-rovers/ 

UN FUCKING BELIEVEABLE!!

Five words to describe you? Liar, liar, liar, liar,liar

5 hours ago, Gav said:

I've long given over caring who the manager and CEO are, but I did have a particular dislike of Coyle who told porkies in his very 1st press conference about SEM and it never improved from the day on, that man was robbing a living. I don't think its any coincidence he's now managing in the Indian Super League either.....

Coyle was appointed because he was cheap, cheaper than Warnock who won promotion with Cardiff the year after I think it was.

Mowbray is here because he's cheap, Waggot is here because he's also cheap in football CEO terms, I know plenty of local CEO's on more money than he is, you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

We signed no strikers in the window because we're skint and the owners want to do it on the cheap. Players are out of contract because we're skint and we want to do everything on the cheap. We have no European scout because we're skint, we want to do everything on the cheap, the ground looks neglected because we're skint, we want to do everything on the cheap. The club shop is closed a week before the season kicks off, full of new shirts, because we're skint and they want to everything on the cheap, I could go on......

Venkys out.

And when you're skint you don't go gambling £12m on two strikers.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, booth said:

And when you're skint you don't go gambling £12m on two strikers.

They've always gambled on strikers and won mostly if taken in isolation, Armstrong alone paid for Gallagher and Ben Diaz, but they neglect every other part of running a football club.

Why did every striking target go to another club in the last window?

Why are we unable to offer contracts to player we want to keep? 

Why have we just sacked the European scout?

Why did we try and sell half the training ground?

Does it sound like a club with a few quid in the bank?

I just hope it some sort of exit strategy and the Pune stooges are about to exit the club.

Edited by Gav

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

Why did every striking target go to another club in the last window booth

Burke or Maja or Healey didn't move. 

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

We offered new contracts to players. 

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

We didn't sack him. We didn't renew his contract and now with the new work permit rules then we don't need a head of European scout. But just one or 2 data analysis/scout. 

24 minutes ago, Gav said:

They've always gambled on strikers and won mostly if taken in isolation, Armstrong alone paid for Gallagher and Ben Diaz, but they neglect every other part of running a football club.

Why did every striking target go to another club in the last window?

Why did we try and sell half the training ground?

Does it sound like a club with a few quid in the bank?

I just hope it some sort of exit strategy and the Pune stooges are about to exit the club.

But if you're a football manager and you're handed £7m and another £5m 6 months later, you don't splurge it on two strikers (of any quality) when you're "skint" and you need to build a team in the league you've just been promoted to.

The fact that Brereton at that time was a kid and Gallagher hadn't set the world on fire up to that point only adds to the stupidity of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Burke or Maja or Healey didn't move. 

We offered new contracts to players. 

We didn't sack him. We didn't renew his contract and now with the new work permit rules then we don't need a head of European scout. But just one or 2 data analysis/scout. 

Why didn't they move? Why did Obafemi turn us down? Why did Reach (Not a striker I know) turn us down?

Why are players refusing to sign contracts? 

We're offering 3 milk tokens and handful of magic beans over 3yrs, nobody will sign for that.

The tap has been turned off chaddy and I'm sure Man City haven't gotten rid of the European scouting network because of brexit. 

41 minutes ago, booth said:

But if you're a football manager and you're handed £7m and another £5m 6 months later, you don't splurge it on two strikers (of any quality) when you're "skint" and you need to build a team in the league you've just been promoted to.

The fact that Brereton at that time was a kid and Gallagher hadn't set the world on fire up to that point only adds to the stupidity of it.

Nobody understand why this lot bought the club, why this lot have run the club into the ground, so god knows why they gave Mowbray money for 2 strikers, trying to second guess them is a pastime I gave up years ago booth...

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Why didn't they move? Why did Obafemi turn us down? Why did Reach (Not a striker I know) turn us down?

Well unless I am in the room when these meetings are happening then I can't give you a deffo answered. But just look at Nixon comments to Rovers fans on twitter tells a story imo. Also I'm sure Bayes, Crooke and Sharpe will keep asking questions of Mowbray and Waggott. 

on Obafemi, we chased him for weeks and wasting time when we should have been signing a permanent striker who was interested in joining the club. 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Why are players refusing to sign contracts? 

Cos they are waiting and seeing but I would say alot will re sign here especially with most of championship clubs restricting their spending 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I'm sure Man City haven't gotten rid of the European scouting network because of brexit. 

2 very differents clubs operating at different levels. Man City targets will all past the work permit rules. 

Rovers I would imagine will have 1 person in recruitment and scouting department looking at players from European but the time for Rovers to bring in players from the European market has been reduced now. Mowbray and Rovers took too long in setting it up and apart from the 2 European keepers we have nothing to show for it. Rovers market has to been good league 1 and 2 players who can set up to Championship football, keep bringing through our good academy players and players from PL and championship clubs for low fees. 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

The tap has been turned off chaddy

Yes the owners has restricted what they have spend this summer cos of 2 reasons one is FFP and doubt over Mowbray's future

On 04/09/2021 at 10:00, 47er said:

And i know people who've followed Rovers for decades and don't go anymore.

You'd be better concentrating your concern on them.

Me too. I have numerous concerns, as most of us have. This particular concern was raised in response to some previous posts.

On 04/09/2021 at 20:12, booth said:

A bad thing?

It's not really clued up to see that Mowbray has done a poor job.

Praise him all you like for steadying the ship but he's done a good job of unsteadying it. At any other club, after spending the money he's had, and the quite frankly baffling decisions he's made on and off the pitch, he'd be out of a job.

I've seen some daft comments about us getting promoted to the Premier League since we signed a league 1 full back. Am I really unkind saying that's "daft". It's just common sense that losing a 29 goal striker and bringing in only one permanent signing, a league 1 full back who is being paraded around like a star signing, isn't going to turn us into play off candidates overnight. But for some that's all it takes, it's daft talk.

I hope we get lucky but history and basic sanity would tell me otherwise.

Most of which I would agree with.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Why is Rovers such a "private" club these days compared to what it used to be? My thoughts (I might be wrong): Desai and Confused have washed their hands of the club and left it to Fat Barry and his son Jagdish. I came round to this way of thinking more when the tv gantry was switched from the JW stand to the Riverside to make the ground look "better" on tv. Not seen or heard anything to convince me that the club isn't a plaything that Fat Barry spends £20m a year on for something to do.

It's always been Balaji's baby.

@J*B can tell you that.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes the owners has restricted what they have spend this summer cos of 2 reasons one is FFP and doubt over Mowbray's future

Doubt over Mowbray’s future?

That’s utter rubbish Chaddy. If you genuinely think they have limited what they are prepared to spend on transfers because they aren’t sure what they will do with a manager in 9 months time you should be calling for them to sell up.

If they don’t think he’s up to the job, they should sack him. If they believe he is capable of fulfilling the objectives they have set, they wouldn’t be withholding otherwise available funds and making the job more difficult.

Of course, anything is possible with them, but this narrative you’ve jumped all over is anything but a reasoned, informed management decision - which you seem to be trying to make it out to be.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Doubt over Mowbray’s future?

That’s utter rubbish Chaddy. If you genuinely think they have limited what they are prepared to spend on transfers because they aren’t sure what they will do with a manager in 9 months time you should be calling for them to sell up.

If they don’t think he’s up to the job, they should sack him. If they believe he is capable of fulfilling the objectives they have set, they wouldn’t be withholding otherwise available funds and making the job more difficult.

Of course, anything is possible with them, but this narrative you’ve jumped all over is anything but a reasoned, informed management decision - which you seem to be trying to make it out to be.

This summer businesses has felt like Bowyer last summer in charge and bringing in signings last few weeks. 

Well as you would have seen they were posts on Rovers holding talks with different manager during the summer/towards the end of the season. We know 3 of the managers names. We have also seen posted on here that Waggott and Mowbray had a falling out and then we had the bizarre post match interview with Mowbray after the Reading game. Interlinking all of them suggests to me that a change of manager was sought but couldn't find a replacement they wanted. Like I posted yesterday I don't see Mowbray here after the November international break and we will have a new manager by then. 

9 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Why is Rovers such a "private" club these days compared to what it used to be? My thoughts (I might be wrong): Desai and Confused have washed their hands of the club and left it to Fat Barry and his son Jagdish. 

Mr Desai who signed the Venkys London Limited off this year like he normally does. 

From what JB has posted previously it's Balaji who makes their decisions on the club and who to appoint as manager. Pasha and Babu work for Balaji and his investments. 

9 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Why is Rovers such a "private" club these days compared to what it used to be? My thoughts (I might be wrong): Desai and Confused have washed their hands of the club and left it to Fat Barry and his son Jagdish. I came round to this way of thinking more when the tv gantry was switched from the JW stand to the Riverside to make the ground look "better" on tv. Not seen or heard anything to convince me that the club isn't a plaything that Fat Barry spends £20m a year on for something to do.

Thought that for a long while and things did change at companies house in terms of overal control. Still think Madame is in charge of the VH group though and if money comes via that she'll still have a big say in it.

I do think though that BJ and son play real life football manager with the club.

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

Not sure what you mean by this - are you questioning the facts about my longstanding support of the club (first game in 1971) or is there some other (hidden) reason for chucking stones? Please explain 😉

I meant the five words that Waggot used to describe himself in the text, not you 😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

This summer businesses has felt like Bowyer last summer in charge and bringing in signings last few weeks. 

Well as you would have seen they were posts on Rovers holding talks with different manager during the summer/towards the end of the season. We know 3 of the managers names. We have also seen posted on here that Waggott and Mowbray had a falling out and then we had the bizarre post match interview with Mowbray after the Reading game. Interlinking all of them suggests to me that a change of manager was sought but couldn't find a replacement they wanted. Like I posted yesterday I don't see Mowbray here after the November international break and we will have a new manager by then. 

Mr Desai who signed the Venkys London Limited off this year like he normally does. 

From what JB has posted previously it's Balaji who makes their decisions on the club and who to appoint as manager. Pasha and Babu work for Balaji and his investments. 

You base your theories upon gossip, chinese whispers, cryptic responses to Alan Nixon tweets and now bizarrely a focus on the post match interview of a game about 6 months ago which is fine.

But why the next international break? And would results prior to that make any difference?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You base your theories upon gossip, chinese whispers, cryptic responses to Alan Nixon tweets and now bizarrely a focus on the post match interview of a game about 6 months ago which is fine.

But why the next international break? And would results prior to that make any difference?

Wrong there, I based on my opinions on what Rovers fans who has info have posted on here and other social media platformed which you are very happy to dismiss as usual. Why would they posted gossip or any untruths? Its seems that few Rovers fans have the same story that Rovers spoke to 4 managers to take over but none were willing to do so. 

Nixon's story doesn't seem far off to me, Some one at the club is leaking these stories to him and what is the real truth why we didn't sign a permanent striker? thats what I want to know

That's post match interview tell a story if you look at it IMO. 

I will leave it there with you. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong there, I based on my opinions on what Rovers fans who has info have posted on here and other social media platformed which you are very happy to dismiss as usual. Why would they posted gossip or any untruths? Its seems that few Rovers fans have the same story that Rovers spoke to 4 managers to take over but none were willing to do so. 

Nixon's story doesn't seem far off to me, Some one at the club is leaking these stories to him and what is the real truth why we didn't sign a permanent striker? thats what I want to know

That's post match interview tell a story if you look at it IMO. 

I will leave it there with you. 

Much of what people will hear via chinese whispers will not be true. You have just seen someone in another thread suggest that they have heard that Neil wasnt approached. Its just gossip and rumours and I am still unsure as to why you think specifically that the manager could be replaced during the next international break, and whether results beforehand will make a difference to that.