BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Holding the management to account

13 hours ago, J*B said:

Yep - Booth and I worked on the Rovers documentary, we where one step above only Balaji knowing they had a football club at one point. 

And there was that unused footage in Manchester of Balaji where it was obvious Balaji was in charge from the outset.

No idea where that went.

Like the prank Derek phonecall. Or the SK car park cctv.

I’m surprised they didn’t resurface for posterity.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, booth said:

And there was that unused footage in Manchester of Balaji where it was obvious Balaji was in charge from the outset.

No idea where that went.

Like the prank Derek phonecall. Or the SK car park cctv.

I’m surprised they didn’t resurface for posterity.

There’s footage somewhere of him smoking during an interview inside the best suite in the Lowry. Good times. 

• Like 1

VLL which owns and funds the club belongs to the parent company VH Group who inject share capital in etc.

The two big Ds are in charge of all that therefore they'll have the final say on Rovers funding, despite whoever is playing with it further down the pecking order.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

2013 of all years to start following the Rovers!

I can only salute you.

It’s been interesting, I will say that. 

The first Rovers game I saw on TV was an FA Cup match, vs ManC. It was Bowyer’s boys, all the way, as Scott Dann scored the only Rovers goal. 

I could’ve easily picked anybody in the universe to give my affections to. My son was already a huge Liverpool fan (even though he got his Masters at Reading). Why Rovers? I read & watched everything I could get my hands on, Rovers-related. I love Rovers. End of story (see my pic above, with PL trophy. The folks at the club were great to me, to give this Texan a tour of all of Ewood Park, incl the 1876 Boardroom).

None of us have an answer for the disease infecting BRFC. We can’t get what we want (TM & waggott to go, owners to sell). Just keep loving the blue & white shirt. The fans need to show up, it’s the only Blackburn Rovers we’ve got, or ever will have. Cheer the club. Let the lads know when they give 100%, darn sure let em know when they give less. Give TM the business, when he fails. 

My last word on this, I will let it go, & take what comes: I honestly want Rovers back in the PL, but it’s not the end of the world if they don’t. I don’t demand it. I will still cheer them on. I just want the owners & admin to be honest about things, to admit when they fail, and show that they give a care about the future of the club. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 9

On 07/09/2021 at 07:55, J*B said:

There’s footage somewhere of him smoking during an interview inside the best suite in the Lowry. Good times. 

I was doing a recce in that same suite years later and it brought about a shudder at the thought of those helpless early days.

Hasn't got much better though has it. I think I'm just desensitised.

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

It’s been interesting, I will say that. 

The first Rovers game I saw on TV was an FA Cup match, vs ManC. It was Bowyer’s boys, all the way, as Scott Dann scored the only Rovers goal. 

I could’ve easily picked anybody in the universe to give my affections to. My son was already a huge Liverpool fan (even though he got his Masters at Reading). Why Rovers? I read & watched everything I could get my hands on, Rovers-related. I love Rovers. End of story (see my pic above, with PL trophy. The folks at the club were great to me, to give this Texan a tour of all of Ewood Park, incl the 1876 Boardroom).

None of us have an answer for the disease infecting BRFC. We can’t get what we want (TM & waggott to go, owners to sell). Just keep loving the blue & white shirt. The fans need to show up, it’s the only Blackburn Rovers we’ve got, or ever will have. Cheer the club. Let the lads know when they give 100%, darn sure let em know when they give less. Give TM the business, when he fails. 

My last word on this, I will let it go, & take what comes: I honestly want Rovers back in the PL, but it’s not the end of the world if they don’t. I don’t demand it. I will still cheer them on. I just want the owners & admin to be honest about things, to admit when they fail, and show that they give a care about the future of the club. 

Oh mate, try to watch some of the Dalglish days along with Souness and Hughes. Amazing times. Some of the Hodgson and Allardyce days were pretty good too. It's a shame YouTube doesn't capture the feeling of being there, it all seems like a dream now.

• Like 4

Going back before that to when we resembled something similar to what they've reduced us to again the Don Mackay years were brilliant.

I'd give anything for someone with his attitude to walk through the door again.

Probably not much footage of that era knocking about but it's worth a look.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Going back before that to when we resembled something similar to what they've reduced us to again the Don Mackay years were brilliant.

I'd give anything for someone with his attitude to walk through the door again.

Probably not much footage of that era knocking about but it's worth a look.

That away game at Stoke when the unbeaten run came to an end (I think) is one of my best memories of following the Rovers. Thousands at Stoke that day.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

That away game at Stoke when the unbeaten run came to an end (I think) is one of my best memories of following the Rovers. Thousands at Stoke that day.

Took the Wheelton lads in a tranny van that game and ended up being chased out off outside a pub 😂 great day out with a full terrace of Rovers fans what a great memory result apart👍

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Never a penalty either.......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It was that rammed in there my feet were off the ground whilst going forwards, sideways, backwards. It was surreal and a bit scary although that was nothing compared to the snarling Stoke mob outside 🙂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, booth said:

Oh mate, try to watch some of the Dalglish days along with Souness and Hughes. Amazing times. Some of the Hodgson and Allardyce days were pretty good too. It's a shame YouTube doesn't capture the feeling of being there, it all seems like a dream now.

I have seen the LFC/Rovers match in its entirety, securing the PL trophy to Rovers. Tense moments indeed, when Liverpool got the game winner, but no matter. Rovers were league champs.

Also, I’ve watched the League Cup match vs Tots. Amazing, the team was considered almost an afterthought, with 2-3 starters out. What a great victory!   🏆

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I have seen the LFC/Rovers match in its entirety, securing the PL trophy to Rovers. Tense moments indeed, when Liverpool got the game winner, but no matter. Rovers were league champs.

Also, I’ve watched the League Cup match vs Tots. Amazing, the team was considered almost an afterthought, with 2-3 starters out. What a great victory!   🏆

If you ever get to Austin, say hello to Paddy Gannon. He is my brother in law and an honorary Rovers fan..Hates Burnley anyway!

13 hours ago, WacoRover said:

We owe a lot to West Hams GK, was it muglosko (sp)

2 hours ago, Ulrich said:

We owe a lot to West Hams GK, was it muglosko (sp)

Luděk Mikloško. A great keeper in his own right and not just because of that game.

374 appearances for Wet Spam and mostly in the PL. No mean feat.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Luděk Mikloško. A great keeper in his own right and not just because of that game.

With an amazing song on the terraces:

"His name is Ludo Mikloško, he comes from near Moscow..."

Mikloško is from Prostejov, Czech Republic, which is somewhere in the region of 1,000 miles away from Moscow.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

With an amazing song on the terraces:

"His name is Ludo Mikloško, he comes from near Moscow..."

Mikloško is from Prostejov, Czech Republic, which is somewhere in the region of 1,000 miles away from Moscow.

Up there with "They'll be dancing in the streets of Raith"..

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Lot of folk won’t get this 

Scottish football club names are great - St Johnstone, Queen of the South, Hearts, Raith Rovers etc. .Looking up some of the reasons for these names is very educational. 

I once met a bloke from Falkirk who supported East Sterling and it was years before I realised why ( google if you are interested )

I always thought FC United of Manchester missed a trick and could have come up with a much more interesting or cryptic name - Real Newton Heath or something.

If Venky's do eventually lead us into bankruptcy then I'd hope we could come up with an interesting name for a phoenix club

(sorry totally off topic )

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Scottish football club names are great - St Johnstone, Queen of the South, Hearts, Raith Rovers etc. .Looking up some of the reasons for these names is very educational. 

I once met a bloke from Falkirk who supported East Sterling and it was years before I realised why ( google if you are interested )

I always thought FC United of Manchester missed a trick and could have come up with a much more interesting or cryptic name - Real Newton Heath or something.

If Venky's do eventually lead us into bankruptcy then I'd hope we could come up with an interesting name for a phoenix club

(sorry totally off topic )

I went to a game in Scotland, Featuring Queen of the South, A group of their supportes came down the street singing : We are Queens, We are Queens, We are Queens. I thought it was very amusing.  

• Like 1