BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Holding the management to account

4 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Can we enquire if it involves changes to the senior management?

It doesn't relate to Messrs Waggott, Mowbray or Venus leaving if that's what you're driving at. Bearing in mind I'm talking about changes that have already happened.

Best to see if the Club announce anything or whether they don't, but we start to see a marked improvement in off the pitch anyhow.

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

It doesn't relate to Messrs Waggott, Mowbray or Venus leaving if that's what you're driving at. Bearing in mind I'm talking about changes that have already happened.

Best to see if the Club announce anything or whether they don't, but we start to see a marked improvement in off the pitch anyhow.

Thanks for the response Rev. Shame, I am very keen to see them leave, especially Waggot. Hopefully the changes whatever they are reap some reward.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's difficult to believe people like this aren't Club plants. Mowbray could gun both  of their parents down in broad daylight and they'd find a positive to it.

The LT comments section is the same. Quite ludicrous and anyone who comes out with any adverse comment is instantly shot down or labelled a troll or a Dingle.

You do realise that this place is exactly the same but in reverse don't you? 

The mere fact that in order to get opinion onto this MB which runs contrary to the group think, it has to be screenshot from FB or Twitter or the LT comments tells you everything you need to know about how insular and hostile this place has become. And those screen shots aren't placed on here to start a sensible discussion, they are placed on here to be ridiculed with no right of reply. 

To use an analogy involving Mowbray shooting family members is quite distasteful IMO. That fan is as entitled to their opinion as you are to yours.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Then what does it matter? If its not related to Mowbray maggot or penus then its irrelevant.  Those are the 3 that need removing 

4 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Now t’worse than carrot dangling.

I would have thought given the perspective you usually come from you'd have been all over a bit of potentially better news.

I wouldn't have mentioned it  except the original poster specifically addressed me and a couple of other individuals.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Ben Frost said:

The mere fact that in order to get opinion onto this MB which runs contrary to the group think, it has to be screenshot from FB or Twitter or the LT comments tells you everything you need to know about how insular and hostile this place has become. And those screen shots aren't placed on here to start a sensible discussion, they are placed on here to be ridiculed with no right of reply. 

To use an analogy involving Mowbray shooting family members is quite distasteful IMO. That fan is as entitled to their opinion as you are to yours.

I'm not convinced that's true tbh (well, I would say that wouldn't I?)

I reckon you can have any opinion you like on this mb as long as it's not derogatory towards any group or made specifically to troll and target individuals?

I'm happy to be given examples of where we can improve this, mind. Albeit in the appropriate thread.

• Moderation Lead

To be fair, Ben Frost has a point about sharing screen grabs of people on Facebook etc.

We don’t like it when someone else that used to post on here would share posts from here on Twitter, so we can’t have it both ways.

Quite a funny comment about hostility though, when every post he seems to make is hostile…..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ben Frost said:

He 's entitled to his opinion but it doesn't mean it's right. 

I also disagree with you about the difference in quality of the two sites. Whilst you may not agree with many of the views expressed on here most views are given alongside critical analysis and detailed reasons of why such views are held.

I would suggest there's none of that on the LT site. I can't even log on to post a reply there. May be something I'm doing wrong, may be not.

I can't even see the problem with "borrowing" an excerpt from another site for discussion unless this is somehow contrary to data protection rules. As both this site and the LT site are both Public forums I assume not. 

If you don't want your views potentially being shared around the Internet don't post on it!

• Like 2

The LT comments section is the club propaganda account nothing more. It's the two or three banging the drum for everything that goes on down there. 

On here, twitter and even facebook has more balance to it.  Plenty posts the other night expressing similar views to a lot on here in terms of the transfer window. As well as the usual more positive views.

Can’t see anything changing in terms of holding people into account. Not at games anyway.

Home games - No one really cares, about 30 people in Blackburn end will sing, rest will sit there watching game peacefully until we score.

Away games - Majority just want to support our team on the day and leave the club politics behind.

On 01/09/2021 at 17:47, chaddyrovers said:

thanks for the reply 

Well lets hope we the club and this group reveal the plan going forward. 

I would hope darrenrover would update the board but I fully understand that might and most likely not viable at this stage 

I won’t be commenting at all Chaddy, please respect that for a number of reasons. Not least of which I’m not prepared to offer myself up to be shot at metaphorically speaking by naysayers, who thrive on promoting doom and gloom from behind a keyboard.

We all know that for the past 10 years, things have been far from correct, me being me, that calls a spade a spade, they’ve been absolutely shite! 

All I’ll say is there are ‘green shoots’, and more importantly, reasons to be optimistic about the future., which I’ve no intentions whatsoever of elaborating on at this juncture but ‘keep the faith’!

Don’t expect too much from this season, we need to ensure we stay up, get as many fans at Ewood as we can and seriously kick on after Christmas and beyond! 
WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Wood26 said:

Can’t see anything changing in terms of holding people into account. Not at games anyway.

Home games - No one really cares, about 30 people in Blackburn end will sing, rest will sit there watching game peacefully until we score.

Away games - Majority just want to support our team on the day and leave the club politics behind.

To paraphrase a well known truism… Results dear boy, results.

You’ll only see unrest at games if we start plummeting down the table, was ever thus. As an example, for all how unpopular Coyle was, he only started getting dogs abuse in the last few weeks of his reign when we had fallen into the bottom 3.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I won’t be commenting at all Chaddy, please respect that for a number of reasons. Not least of which I’m not prepared to offer myself up to be shot at metaphorically speaking by naysayers, who thrive on promoting doom and gloom from behind a keyboard.

We all know that for the past 10 years, things have been far from correct, me being me, that calls a spade a spade, they’ve been absolutely shite! 

All I’ll say is there are ‘green shoots’, and more importantly, reasons to be optimistic about the future., which I’ve no intentions whatsoever of elaborating on at this juncture but ‘keep the faith’!

Don’t expect too much from this season, we need to ensure we stay up, get as many fans at Ewood as we can and seriously kick on after Christmas and beyond! 
WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Did you pay my £100 in to the charity DR?

9 hours ago, darrenrover said:

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Darrenrover, firstly thankyou for the reply and I can fully understand why you won't say and I am more than willing to be patience with you and how the future, 

If you have reasons to be optimistic about the future then hopefully we will see them and I will trust you on this issue. and of course I will keep the faith. 

Yes we do need to stay up and get as many as fans in the ground as possible. 

The Shoots of recovery will only begin to blossom when and if maggot departs and is replaced by a CEO who understands football and what it means to the supporters of the club! Maggot has detached the club from the majority of fans who don’t appear to be willing to return whilst there is so much disorganised chaos behind the scenes 

Edited by 1864roverite
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

The Shoots of recovery will only begin to blossom when and if maggot departs and is replaced by a CEO who understands football and what it means to the supporters of the club! Maggot has detached the club from the majority of fans who don’t appear to be willing to return whilst there is so much disorganised chaos behind the scenes 

I agree with many of your posts 1864 but this isn't a Waggot thing at all.

Shaw and Agnew attacked the fans very publicly, Singh embarrassed the club, the town and its fans, Waggot is just another example of poor recruitment, like the manager and agents that have pillaged the club over the past 10yrs.

You replace Mowbray and Waggot, you get another Mowbray and another Waggot, we need the owners removing, everything else is a side show. 

• Like 8

21 hours ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair, Ben Frost has a point about sharing screen grabs of people on Facebook etc.

We don’t like it when someone else that used to post on here would share posts from here on Twitter, so we can’t have it both ways.

Quite a funny comment about hostility though, when every post he seems to make is hostile…..

sorry to just jump on this thread without reading it all through properly, I'm not commenting on the subject matter at all right now just wanted to give my opinion on "screen grabs" in general, and that is that they should be banned and phones should have the action removed. 

screen grabbing and Sharing private messages and images (usually cherry picked out of context from private conversations) causes so much trouble & embarrassment and in my opinion it's just a horrible sneaky two faced thing to do and makes it impossible to trust talking openly to anybody online these(even with actual friends)  😞

Sorry, little rant over. 🙈

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

sorry to just jump on this thread without reading it all through properly, I'm not commenting on the subject matter at all right now just wanted to give my opinion on "screen grabs" in general, and that is that they should be banned and phones should have the action removed. 

screen grabbing and Sharing private messages and images (usually cherry picked out of context from private conversations) causes so much trouble & embarrassment and in my opinion it's just a horrible sneaky two faced thing to do and makes it impossible to trust talking openly to anybody online these(even with actual friends)  😞

Sorry, little rant over. 🙈

Facebook, Twitter & indeed BRFCS are public forums. 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I agree with many of your posts 1864 but this isn't a Waggot thing at all.

Shaw and Agnew attacked the fans very publicly, Singh embarrassed the club, the town and its fans, Waggot is just another example of poor recruitment, like the manager and agents that have pillaged the club over the past 10yrs.

You replace Mowbray and Waggot, you get another Mowbray and another Waggot, we need the owners removing, everything else is a side show. 

Gav I really do get your point of view it’s extremely similar to my own. Yes I agree the owners cause real issues however where maggot is concerned he is the head of a poor management team and therefore the buck stops with him. On the pitch the poor results and form stop at the feet of Mowbray. We are seeing incompetence all over BRFC operations which ultimately will affect the good parts namely the u18/u23 production lines. There is no doubt we have talent in numbers coming through but that talent will hit the wall because of Mowbrays recruitment policy, overseen by maggot and the owners. We need a CEO with a credible football background and someone who can think outside of the box. We need someone to realise you don’t get fans in side by charging £3.50 for a mank bad spud pie, £2.20 for a small bottle of water and you don’t charge fans ridiculous match day prices wha you do is think about how you can improve match day figures increase crowd numbers generate cash flow and bring in real marketing strategies that work for the fans in turn it is the club that benefits. Maggot has shown himself and proven without doubt that he is a complete failure who detached himself from the fans. Going back many many years even our leadership team in the 70’s and 80’s knew how to operate this club in very tight finances this shower have millions at their disposal and yet get away with pissing it up against the wall 

• Like 5