BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

that report is 3 months old and there is newer one in November but I don't any new rules being in place before New Year and given that PM Johnson and leader of the house Rees-Mogg have promised any new restrictions must go back Parliament first for a vote.

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Amazing that two years on that you still take the pronouncements of politicians at face value. There won’t be a vote, if stadiums are to to BCD, they’ll go BCD and that’s that.

Matty, believe what you want but Parliament need to vote on any new measures including closing football stadiums

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Matty, believe what you want but Parliament need to vote on any new measures including closing football stadiums

Good god (!)

Didn’t realise the measures contained within the Coronavirus Act was akin to a belief system, but  👌

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

that report is 3 months old and there is newer one in November but I don't any new rules being in place before New Year and given that PM Johnson and leader of the house Rees-Mogg have promised any new restrictions must go back Parliament first for a vote.

Ah! The proven pathological liar and the religious nutcase! We can definitely take them at their word and expect them to act in the interests of others before themselves!

Your going to find yourself in a right dilemma soon!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Yes Chaddy. Boxing Day comes after Xmas you know.

Big announcement will be tomorrow night.

We see OldEwoodBlue but I don't see anything coming before 2022 if at all and Johnson will go back parliament for approval if so. Thats my opinion. I have set out my opinion in the thread of the Coronavirus

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've been down to the Rovers club shop today and quite a few people getting FA cup tickets for Wigan including my missus for me as Christmas present

Ahh what an unfortunate coincidence  you bumped into her down there and ruined the surprise she was planning 😁

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

They need to chill out 

The atmosphere has been getting better and better. Smoke bombs are harmless. Go to a match in Europe they are everywhere 

They might be everywhere but they’re still illegal and possession at or on the way to a football game can get you a prison sentence. So Rovers could be liable for fines, stadium closures etc if they don’t do anything.

I don’t think you need flares for a good atmosphere anyway.

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

They need to chill out 

The atmosphere has been getting better and better. Smoke bombs are harmless. Go to a match in Europe they are everywhere 

I was at Accrington Stanley earlier this season and at half time spoke to a bloke who had been hit by a flare thrown by some dickhead. He has a burn on his leg and red dye all over his shorts.

He didn't think they were harmless.

Smoke bombs are used in everything from wedding photos to fantastic displays organised by fans across European football grounds 

Harmless at its very purest definition is wrong, but I wouldn’t say they are dangerous 

Flares are different and I do accept that. They need to be used by responsible people. Though in German / Dutch clubs they are organised with the club, and therefore health and safety better managed. As usual in the U.K. we are firmly of the “stick” and not the carrot. Instead pretending strict prohibition of these items will work, even in the face of evidence that it doesn’t, and so those unfortunate accidents will continue to happen 

Like it or not pyrotechnics will continue to be used in football grounds. At home there’s 4 stands and they won’t be used in the JW or Riverside so I would be sitting there if I didn’t want them. When away it will continue to happen and it’s more difficult to avoid. It needs to be better managed like it is around other major leagues. 

• Like 3