BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

In the "Final 5" article on the website it definitely said that Blackpool & Stoke would be category A to justify the price of the Final 5 ticket.

Article confirms that the game has been reduced from a cat A to B.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/march/16/ticket-news--rovers-v-blackpool/

Perhaps because very few final five tickets have been sold. When I read that the Blackpool game had been made a cat A game, I thought they are taking the piss, so I have organised to do something else that day.

Edited by rigger

11 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Looks like Rovers fans can buy tickets in DE for this game?

All very odd and confused marketing this. We got a few in there for QPR/Millwall because that was the only place for the Double Decker offer, so there was a bit of an incentive, but still only numbers in the hundreds. They then were going to open it for Bristol City, then didn’t bother due to ‘lack of demand’. Now they are going to. 

With no ST holders in the DE to bump up the numbers, and no specific offer for that stand, there’s in all likelihood going to be a hundred or so folk rattling around it - so why bother?

Want our fans back in there? Fine. But it needs a real marketing push of ST sales in the summer, not this mish mash of an approach.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Shame we didn't hang on and offer a "final 3" bundle.

£30 for all three games in the Darwen End lower.

A long time ago and different divisions i know, but i remember when we did that exact offer for the final 3 games of the 08/09 season and it pretty much sold out.

• Like 1

Left arm, right arm moving in different directions as usual.

Have to say well done to them though for reducing the Blackpool game to a price it should be. Looks like they've been told the lashers won't be selling thousands at 36 quid.

Our prices will be £400-£500+ and will finally get on sale well into the close season. We’ll sell about 8k in total, if lucky.

’Cheap as chips’, ‘cheapest in the league’, social media will declare, though the very opposite is true. We’ll still be ‘shit fans’ though…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

If they persist in charging £30+ per game they should do a "money back if no entertainment' guarantee. For example:-

Rovers don't score = you get £5 back

Rovers miss penalty = you get £2 back

Defensive midfielder plays up front = £8 back

Striker plays at full back = £15 back and a free pie

and so on.....

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Hasta said:

If they persist in charging £30+ per game they should do a "money back if no entertainment' guarantee. For example:-

Rovers don't score = you get £5 back

Rovers miss penalty = you get £2 back

Defensive midfielder plays up front = £8 back

Striker plays at full back = £15 back and a free pie

and so on.....

If they do that they'll be paying you £30 a game.

• Backroom

They’ve announced the Blackpool game is dedicated to raising funds for Tony Parkes but don’t state how, does anyone know if that means a % of the gate money goes to him or is it just a ploy to get people in and it will amount to something less 

Nothing at Rovers is ever sorted properly until the summer summit meetings with the full ownership crew. Any time between June and August depending on family holidays and other stuff.

And nobody will rock that boat.

Wouldn't entertain buying one anyway until we know Mowbray has gone and who the new man is. Only the 6000 won't care and they will buy even if I was manager.

His contract will expire 30th June.

July will be pre season with no manager run by Ben Benson.

Someone will be in post in August.

Just watch.

• Like 1

On 25/03/2022 at 08:31, tomphil said:

Nothing at Rovers is ever sorted properly until the summer summit meetings with the full ownership crew. Any time between June and August depending on family holidays and other stuff.

And nobody will rock that boat.

Meanwhile everyone else is signing players.

• Like 1

I see that yesterday they announced the Darwen End is going to be open to home fans for the Blackpool fixture.

So after they had the 'Double Decker' deal which saw perhaps 1000 at a push buy discounted tickets in there, they then announced that they were going to continue that option through to the end of the season. This announcement was made 3 days before the Bristol City home game. Less than 24 hours after making that announcement they declare that actually the DE isn't open to home fans and that decision was due to 'lack of uptake'. Quite how they come to that conclusion having allowed less than 1 day between announcements I'm not sure. I'd also be interested to know what 'uptake' they were expecting or required to make it worthwhile, especially after sales of less than 1,000 for QPR/Millwall even at cheap prices.

After knocking it on the head for Bristol City, they've then left it for 2 weeks without any information or announcement, and now 2 weeks before the Blackpool game, have suddenly announced that it is open to home fans, even though home tickets have been on sale for almost 2 weeks already.

I'm not sure what they are playing at here but it seems to be an absolute fiasco in terms of organisation and communication. 

I'm all in favour of trying to get home fans in both ends and growing the DE as a home area but how on earth do they expect this to succeed if they are running it like this? I wouldn't rule out the possibility of another U turn over the course of this week and it being closed again before the game takes place.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1