BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

43 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

It's a proper Everton signing.

A one time good player, lost his way, goes to Everton, gets worse.

That is an excellent succinct summary of post-Moyes Everton. 

They have signed some utter rubbish. 

Here's transfermarkt; Everton signings

2016-2017 is mightily impressive. Theo Walcott, over the hill Rooney, Mangala from City to name 3.

2019-2020 is up there too; Fabian Delph, Andre Gomes, Iwobi, Moise Kean in that venerable class.

Chaddy (has he really done one from this site?) reckons that home town boy Rooney would have come in and fixed it all though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Did Ravel Morrison do anything as despicable like this? Correct me if im mistaken but they surely arent comparable.

There were some domestic abuse claims were there not? I think settled out of court so we didn't get to find out the full extent

• Like 1

• Backroom

As someone that is generally very much against 'cancel' culture, this is a situation I can fully get behind. 

In a matter of days MG has had his Nike deal binned, announced he will not train or play for Man Utd or England, had most of his teammates shun and unfollow him on social media, got his shirts open to free exchange in the club shop, and is now being removed from computer games. 

I think the big factor in this case is that we all have an amount of evidence to view and listen to that often isn't available when accusations are made. 

Playing devil's advocate, some could still claim that the evidence hasn't been verified yet, and it is still up to a Court to decide upon a guilty verdict and not the Court of public opinion. 

But the legal proceedings could go on for a year plus, and it doesn't feel right to have 8 year olds still banging in goals on a PlayStation, and the message that gives them. 

Hopefully, this sends a strong message to all about what is deemed unacceptable in society, and the swiftness of action against those that cross the threshold. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Silas said:

As someone that is generally very much against 'cancel' culture, this is a situation I can fully get behind. 

In a matter of days MG has had his Nike deal binned, announced he will not train or play for Man Utd or England, had most of his teammates shun and unfollow him on social media, got his shirts open to free exchange in the club shop, and is now being removed from computer games. 

I think the big factor in this case is that we all have an amount of evidence to view and listen to that often isn't available when accusations are made. 

Playing devil's advocate, some could still claim that the evidence hasn't been verified yet, and it is still up to a Court to decide upon a guilty verdict and not the Court of public opinion. 

But the legal proceedings could go on for a year plus, and it doesn't feel right to have 8 year olds still banging in goals on a PlayStation, and the message that gives them. 

Hopefully, this sends a strong message to all about what is deemed unacceptable in society, and the swiftness of action against those that cross the threshold. 

Deleted this as I realise it’s the wrong place for such a rant, my apologies if you saw the original.

Edited by longsiders1882
Realised I was politicising on a footie forum
  • Like 1

In other news other than Greenwood there seems to be some strange goings on at Utd. 

In January Rangnick said that Martial refused to play in a game and therefore wasnt in the squad. Martial denied this and said he would never refuse to play.

This week, Rangnick has said Lingaard has asked not to be in the squad so he can sort his head out. Lingaard has claimed he is fine. 

Not sure who to believe. Seems Rangnick is happy to openly point at players. 

2 hours ago, benhben said:

In other news other than Greenwood there seems to be some strange goings on at Utd. 

In January Rangnick said that Martial refused to play in a game and therefore wasnt in the squad. Martial denied this and said he would never refuse to play.

This week, Rangnick has said Lingaard has asked not to be in the squad so he can sort his head out. Lingaard has claimed he is fine. 

I'm not sure who to believe but I'm leaning to the manager - players not used to getting called out suddenly doing an about face seems most likely to me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, benhben said:

There have been lots of strange goings on at Man U for years. Rangnick is just the latest iteration.

Neither Martial or Lingard have been getting any playing time so I can see how if Rangnick asks them if they want a game they shrug and gave a sarcastic answer.

I never rated Martial. He cost a fortune and rarely lived up to the fee.

Lingard is a funny one. He was great for England in 2018 but has gone the way of Dele Alli. He was superb for West Ham 12 months ago.

3 hours ago, benhben said:

It's becoming more and more obvious as to why Ragnick made his name/earnt his reputation more as a coach, because as a manager at prem level he seems to be really lacking the required management skills

21 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

It's becoming more and more obvious as to why Ragnick made his name/earnt his reputation more as a coach, because as a manager at prem level he seems to be really lacking the required management skills

i think the main problem for utd,as at everton,is the fact they`ve spent an awful lot of money on players who ar`nt very good and/or  have a poor attitude,unless they get rid of them they are going to continue on the same road,pogba is a prime example,for 90 million quid you expect him to be a leader,playmaker and everything else,he`s not anything imo but a liability,fergie saw the problem and got shut,many things was fergie but he was a fantastic judge of player and character,if there was an attitude with any one,he got rid pronto

• Like 4

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think the main problem for utd,as at everton,is the fact they`ve spent an awful lot of money on players who ar`nt very good and/or  have a poor attitude,unless they get rid of them they are going to continue on the same road,pogba is a prime example,for 90 million quid you expect him to be a leader,playmaker and everything else,he`s not anything imo but a liability,fergie saw the problem and got shut,many things was fergie but he was a fantastic judge of player and character,if there was an attitude with any one,he got rid pronto

Declan Rice is everything Pogba could/should be but isn’t.

• Like 3

• Backroom

Absolute bellend.

West Ham have a massive game tonight too.

Radio saying he should be sacked and no other club sign him. Can't see that happening personally. 

Imagine putting that out in the public and thinking everything would be ok. 

Wtf does he do behind closed doors?!

• Backroom

Little chance he'll be sacked, but yeah, tough to see a way back for him after that. To not only do something like that, but think it's OK for it to be filmed and broadcast publicly... well, the bloke obviously needs help as he must have some severe mental and/or emotional problems. Heartbreaking that he's bringing his children up to think stuff like that is OK. Makes you wonder if he was brought up in an environment where actions like this were normal. It doesn't excuse his behaviour at all, as anybody with any ounce of common sense or decency knows that physically abusing a defenceless animal is wrong regardless of upbringing, but usually behaviour like this traces back to some kind of source.  

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not every nation has the same attitude to animals as we do. 

Yeah but they don't drop kick cats across the room....

Next time I see him anywhere it's a cup of whatever I've got in my hand over him....hopefully next season...I won't forget.  Love my cat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Dingles v Red Rats tonight. United are in disarray at the moment, lots of dissatisfaction with the coach and players. A good time to play them.

Sorry about the italics.

Even allowing for the conditions we were woeful on Saturday - play anything like that tonight and even in disarray United will win at a canter.

27 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Even allowing for the conditions we were woeful on Saturday - play anything like that tonight and even in disarray United will win at a canter.

There are only two matches a season I want the Rags to win and tonight is the second of them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

They aren’t a team at the moment, they’re just a collection of very good individuals. You’ll never have a better chance of getting three points off them.