BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby (a) - 30/10/2021

I'm constantly amazed by the incompetence of football managers.

The ONLY way Buckley can hurt you from RB is if you get lazy and allow him to cross from deep. Which is exactly what they did for the Brereton goal (I'm not convinced it crossed the line!).

Do they not actually research the opposition?

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm constantly amazed by the incompetence of football managers.

The ONLY way Buckley can hurt you from RB is if you get lazy and allow him to cross from deep. Which is exactly what they did for the Brereton goal (I'm not convinced it crossed the line!).

Do they not actually research the opposition?

Can see why they might have missed Buckely starting at right back to be fair 

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can see why they might have missed Buckely starting at right back to be fair 

How?

He finished the game at RB against Reading and a cursory glance at our squad / Mowbray's selection history suggests he was probably going to play there today. 

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Great point. He can't though and probably never will

I know, just a shame you can't splice the best attributes of players together, heh. Would have loved to see a Jason Roberts/Benni McCarthy blend of their best attributes. A Roberts workrate and strength with Benni's technique and finishing...would never have played for Rovers tbf!

Nyambe, you're right, will probably never be able to cross like that with any consistency. I do think he can still improve in that area though...maybe under a better coaching setup from after this summer eh? 😞 For now, he is best at getting to the byline in the box and cutting it back.

• Like 1