BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

On 10/12/2021 at 23:27, J*B said:

He’s talking about Venkys buying a huge area of land in the Ribble Valley, which they’re hoping to get planning permission for to create a new academy. 

If Rovers manage to do this deal and get planning permission it will make a lot of sense and will benefit the Club for many years to come.  The real stumbling block is planning.  I just hope fans view this with open eyes before coming to an opinion.

16 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Shame they can't find some land in blackburn itself, somwhere closer to the fans so they'd be far more part of the blackburn community. 

Where in central Blackburn would they find a site covering 150 acres?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

So an attempt to squeeze it all on one site looking like a downgrade and being passed off by the CEO himself as a need to cost cut has now turned into a 150 acre expansion ?

Aye ok !

Thing is, its not just me who knows something about it, there are quite a few others who know some of the plans, know most of the plans and know a little less of the plans! 

We cant all be wrong and the source of the information to everyone who does know is not the same person(s)

I’m a mere ‘OTK’ peasant who ‘just wouldn’t understand’, of course…

but the obvious question is - why the total change from the very apparent downgrade in terms of both facilities and footprint that was planned just a few months ago, to now some vast site in terms of acreage?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

I'll take a punt and say they'll stick the all in one new football complex on a corner of it then build an industrial park or something on the rest. Idea might be income from that goes towards the football site running costs i just cannot see a revolutionary training center set in the middle of 150 acres.

It all started as a need to cut running costs and that was made in public.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m a mere ‘OTK’ peasant who ‘just wouldn’t understand, of course…

but the obvious question is - why the total change from the very apparent downgrade in terms of both facilities and footprint that was planned just a few months ago, to now some vast site in terms of acreage?

The proposed plans would be a huge asset? Maybe the thinking is that our current model of developing excellent young footballers will reap rewards both on and off the field? Potential ROI is huge….

Just thoughts

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The proposed plans would be a huge asset? Maybe the thinking is that our current model of developing excellent young footballers will reap rewards both on and off the field? Potential ROI is huge….

Just thoughts

Get all that, and prior to the shenanigans earlier this year, then I’d have said fair enough to such a rationale. But it all now seems a very quick volte face from what they were planning earlier in 2021…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

If Rovers manage to do this deal and get planning permission it will make a lot of sense and will benefit the Club for many years to come.  The real stumbling block is planning.  I just hope fans view this with open eyes before coming to an opinion.

But keeping our star players and getting into the Premiership should be the priority wouldn't you say?

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

If anyone is stupid enough to believe anything that Venkys say then they get everything they deserve.

I'm so sick of hearing all of this bollocks about ffp and how they are pumping in the most money they can or how they were "badly advised".

If they are pumping in all this money then why is Ewood in such a state? Why is the training ground in such a state? Why has the pitch not been sorted out. All of these things are exempt from the FFP analysis.

If you genuinely believe they were taken for mugs so easily then you surely can't think that anyone that fucking simple is in any way fit to run the club. A 10 year old child with only a passing interest in football could see what was going to happen after they appointed the Scottish rat. Did they change course? Did they take the same executive decisions with Kean as they did with Big Sam? Did they boot out all of the agents and other bottom feeding creatures that were hanging around the place? Did they fuck. They doubled down on Kean, sold the backbone of our squad, put the cabal of cunts (official partners of the F.A. by the way) in full control and consigned us to the lower leagues forever more.

But that was nearly ten years ago you say. Well, that makes it worse you hayseed. In the time since then there has been no effort whatever to rectify the initial 'mistakes'. The stadium is in a shocking state, the pitch looks like something from the 80s and they have sold off the training ground.

But but but Waggot....

Well, who gave him the job?

It's time people get their heads out of their asses and wake the fuck up to reality.

Write your MP and demand that the proposals of the FSA fan led review are implemented. We are not the only club in this sort of situation.

A football club is far more than just a sports team it is the heart and soul of our community. They are institutions that have been around long before any of us and they should be preserved for future generations. Venkys haven't just destroyed our club, they have ripped the heart out of our community.

So much nastiness aimed at anyone you perceive “stupid enough” not to agree with you levels of anger.

Of course many of us agree, and will likely never forget or forgive the disaster the owners caused but I can’t help be narked hearing that any discussion of potential improvements is “having your head up your asses”.

6 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

And you assume our owners will sell new proprietors our training ground.

This is a pointless discussion.

I didn’t say I knew, and I even described the scenario as unsettling - but carry on making my own mind up for me.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Maybe some might have a different view if they thought about a change of operational models rather than cost cutting.

The proposals are a huge investment and a huge boost to BRFC financially - in addition our academy assets will only get better.

So why don't they go public with their intentions?

4 minutes ago, JBiz said:

This is a pointless discussion.

I didn’t say I knew, and I even described the scenario as unsettling - but carry on making my own mind up for me.

So if I reply pointing out issues with your stance, you decide I am making up your mind for you. You do understand that a MB is for discussion, debate and for that to happen people must hold differing views?

It seems more likely to me, that having failed to progress their original plan to sell half of Brockhall, Waggot and Co and

presumably the owners, are having another go with a different plan.

Cute to use Rovers fans to help spread the "good"news for them.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

So if I reply pointing out issues with your stance, you decide I am making up your mind for you. You do understand that a MB is for discussion, debate and for that to happen people must hold differing views?

There’s no need to be patronising, you suggested the club could be sold without the facilities, I said that’s based on the assumption anyone would buy it without it’s main assets.

Leave it at that

On 12/12/2021 at 08:28, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

To help the club financially survive? I hope we don’t sell and on current form it would need to take a crazy offer. But if a crazy offer was to be made then the club would need to seriously consider it. It’s the only way we can operate sustainably. 

The club aren't going to financially survive from £25m, or even £50m. The club needs a promotion to get anywhere near survival.