BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

I think we have to come to terms with the reality that Brereton will likely be gone in Jan, although I can’t see why we’d accept an offer now when it seems inevitable that there will be a number of bidders when the window opens.

If we get offered £25m plus then I can’t see us turning that down. Buying low and selling high is the only sustainable way this club can operate and it’s unlikely we’d see that money in the summer unless we secure promotion which is still a long shot (even if we make the play offs). We survived Armstrong’s departure and Brereton has only sparked into life in the last few months. Every player has a price tag etc.

Who we get in to replace him will obviously be critical. I don’t think it’ll torpedo our promotion chances provided that we recruit well and strengthen across the board. 

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg

5 hours ago, Gav said:

How many clubs pushing for promotion sold the leading goal scorer mid season and went up? 

I can only assume you've been on the vino Paul, what a terrible idea.

I could buy into this if it was pre-season, but December......

The trouble is Gav, we are not a normal club and have not been since we were bought by the Venkys. We all know they act in the most bizarre way and we do not operate like a normal club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

We should definitely not sell in January if we are in amongst the playoffs. Not a chance. As Gav mentioned, you don’t sell your top scorer when pushing for promotion. The £20m is dwarfed if we end up with promotion. 

Absolutely Ricky, if we're still in the same position by mid Jan there's only one decision to be made - keep the out of contract trio until the end of the season and sell BBD in summer if need be and if we haven't been promoted.

Anything else would be desperately disappointing and indicate zero ambition.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

The trouble is Gav, we are not a normal club and have not been since we were bought by the Venkys. We all know they act in the most bizarre way and we do not operate like a normal club.

Nobody would dispute that Ulrich, but we are being told by posters on this very site that things have changed more recently behind the scenes, if that is true we should be strengthening not selling, that theory will be tested shortly. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Think Crooke’s about as much in the know as I am

It's the usual story Sharpe says there's nothing in it then an hour later Crooke says there is.  Anybody might be forgiven for thinking the word clickbait.

Someone is putting names and numbers out there though and that is how it always starts.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My grandson won’t be too pleased. He’s getting a Rovers shirt with Brererton-Diaz on the back for Xmas.

That’s exactly why we asked our nephew who his two favourite players were… so Dolan on the back it was!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t want to sell him!!….but the conversation was about IF we sell him. I just delivered the “If Carlsberg….”

If Carlsberg did selling your most important player mid way through your first genuine shot at promotion to the Premier League since being taken over by negligent owners? Not sure that advert will ever take off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Break this side up at your Peril Venkys,Waggott,Mowbray.

Would be akin to Promotion Suicide.

I don't think Mowbray has much say in it. It's over to Waggott and mainly Venkys I imagine.

I can accept BBD being sold for big money in January- but only if he is loaned back for the rest of the season. Probably not likely to get that offer unless a club isn't in a rush and wants to ensure they get him in the summer ahead of others. But if nobody wants to do that, we can't sell if our league position is the same or anything like it.

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I can accept BBD being sold for big money in January- but only if he is loaned back for the rest of the season. Probably not likely to get that offer unless a club isn't in a rush and wants to ensure they get him in the summer ahead of others. But if nobody wants to do that, we can't sell if our league position is the same or anything like it.

No buying Club is going to loan him back when he is likely going to be a starter for that club

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Nobody would dispute that Ulrich, but we are being told by posters on this very site that things have changed more recently behind the scenes, if that is true we should be strengthening not selling, that theory will be tested shortly. 

Until we see these words become actions, I will assume that it is business as usual under Venkys.

Even thus training ground bollocks has been handled like rank amateurs. If the intent is to build a new one say so and do it, don't flog it of on the sly. Nothing has changed, 20m and he's gone, regardless of hope.

1 minute ago, Ulrich said:

Until we see these words become actions, I will assume that it is business as usual under Venkys.

Even thus training ground bollocks has been handled like rank amateurs. If the intent is to build a new one say so and do it, don't flog it of on the sly. Nothing has changed, 20m and he's gone, regardless of hope.

Yep...have a horrible feeling the wrong decision will be made,these gobbins at the helm have form with that score if nothing else.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No buying Club is going to loan him back when he is likely going to be a starter for that club

I don't care. Either sale with a loan back, or no sale, would be my stance on this one.

Besides, we did the same thing with Pickering, which seemed silly from our end. We don't know what a buying club will or won't be willing to do, depends on their situation and how they see the player. Do they think he walks into their top flight team or do they want him for the future?

23 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I don't care. Either sale with a loan back, or no sale, would be my stance on this one.

Besides, we did the same thing with Pickering, which seemed silly from our end. We don't know what a buying club will or won't be willing to do, depends on their situation and how they see the player. Do they think he walks into their top flight team or do they want him for the future?

If you are spending 20 million pounds plus on 1 player at most PL club he is being bought to play there regular from the start? 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you are spending 20 million pounds plus on 1 player at most PL club he is being bought to play there regular from the start? 

Depends who buys. But wouldn't be our problem whether they're willing to or not if that was our stance.

Id be surprised if a prem club paid big money for BBD mid season. He's having a great run, but there's plenty of question marks on whether he could score in the Prem. 25m on him would be a massive punt.

I reckon we'll still have him. 

The ones that worry me are Rothwell and Lenihan, both playing brilliantly, some club is going to offer them significantly more wage than we are, and sign pre contracts.

I'm sure Venkys are considering authorizing increases contracts. Just bloody do it!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, J*B said:

He’s talking about Venkys buying a huge area of land in the Ribble Valley, which they’re hoping to get planning permission for to create a new academy. 

I don't get this .Does anyone else? If you asked Rovers supporters "What does the club need most right now?" how many would reply "a new academy?"!!

What we need now is promotion, so, owners, concentrate on doing what we need to achieve that and then think about infrastructure after that. Multi-millions on a new academy but can't find a few thousand quid to keep the likes of Rothwell and Lenihan?

Illustrates to me that the owners have learned nothing at all in more than a decade.

Yet apparently this announcements will set our collective hearts afluttering!

Absolute load of bollocks. Just confirms how nuts they are.( If true of course.)

• Like 4