BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

36 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Van Hecke and Khadra out of contract in the summer. Yes their fees would be tribunals, but given their little experience those fees may not be that great especially being non uk players. Ilike what I see of these two, and really hope Rovers are pushing to make Ewood a permanent home for the two

According to Wikipedia both players are contracted to Brighton until June 2023.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 47er said:

Oh yes I do know that. My response  is to the above post from Spartakfenni which has  Venkys selling the academy to build a new one and giving the profits to the Club.

Unless the new academy is a tin shed on a carpark I'm struggling to see where this immense profit lies.

Apologies, I thought you were part of this conversation!

I don’t know enough about economics or accounting to justify really getting involved or interested in that aspect, other than the basic; If it changes, it has to be for the better.

I would suggest (especially considering the team is chock full of graduates) those charged with running the club know how important it is to us. 

I would also suggest there may be some logic in finding somewhere with more space, thats worth far less in real estate value. 

Initial point about common sense was “compared to Derby, Sheff wed etc”

One question id ask (and next years figures should have the answer) is “in real cash figures, just how badly did covid-19 impact the club’s money?”

2 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I think you miss my point. In 18 months time would we still get compensation for him?

No we would not get compensation in 18 months time but there is no reason to sell before the end of the season whatever the offer. The rate of his improvement means that he is more likely to increase in value than reduce.

40 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Sold to a holding company that also owns the club remember.

Big difference between that, and simply “selling it”.

You know that. 

But it is no longer owned by BRFC, it is owned by Venkys. When they leave for example we don't own a training ground, it's a subtle yet very important consideration.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

But it is no longer owned by BRFC, it is owned by Venkys. When they leave for example we don't own a training ground, it's a subtle yet very important consideration.

That consideration assumes that any sale of the club wouldn’t involve its current facilities.

It’s not exactly what I’d describe as “settling”.

If the club is ever going to be worth anything near what the owners paid / invested into it, they’d need at least 1 promotion and a steady season.

47 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Van Hecke and Khadra out of contract in the summer. Yes their fees would be tribunals, but given their little experience those fees may not be that great especially being non uk players. Ilike what I see of these two, and really hope Rovers are pushing to make Ewood a permanent home for the two

Khadra under contract until summer 2023

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2096846/khadra-signs-new-contract

Van Hecke under contract until summer 2023

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1820847/albion-sign-dutch-defender

Both links from their official website

18 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I would also suggest there may be some logic in finding somewhere with more space, thats worth far less in real estate value. 

Well is said to be in the Ribble Valley! Does nobody but me wonder if Brockhall were sold they would keep the money and down grade the Academy? Really?

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Bit early to say but if Van Hecke continues to perform then there's no reason he can't sign for a newly promoted team in the prem much like what happened with Tosin.

We got really stiffed with him! How much were we paying for the privilege of putting in the transfer limelight?

Mowbray assured us we could never possibly afford him, City wanted to keep him and had big hopes for him etc etc.

All bullshit, in no time at all he'd signed for Fulham for £2M and is now in our division, 3 places above us!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Ah. I see. Venkys will sell Brockhall (Jack's last remaining legacy), build a new academy with new money and give the proceeds from the sale of Brockhall to BRFC!

Is that want you want me to believe?

If so, there is an historic bridge across the Thames in the centre of London which I own. I would be happy to sell it to you for half its real cost as I need the money urgently to finance a new venture. Cash only mind!

I did assume there was more to them buying the STC than just shoving 16 million in generously. This latest rumour if true shows there is more at play in the bigger picture.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 47er said:

We got really stiffed with him! How much were we paying for the privilege of putting in the transfer limelight?

Mowbray assured us we could never possibly afford him, City wanted to keep him and had big hopes for him etc etc.

All bullshit, in no time at all he'd signed for Fulham for £2M and is now in our division, 3 places above us!

He signed for an initial £2 million.

We couldnt afford Tosin he will be on more than double our highest earner

31 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Bit early to say but if Van Hecke continues to perform then there's no reason he can't sign for a newly promoted team in the prem much like what happened with Tosin.

Or play for Brighton in the premier league.Nothing to suggest Brighton want rid of him

18 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Or play for Brighton in the premier league.Nothing to suggest Brighton want rid of him

Brighton wouldn't be calling all the shots though.

He returns from his (second) loan spell and gets told they want to keep him but he's not going to be in the starting XI he may decide to opt for a team in which he's a key member of the first team.

As I said though its far too early days anyway.

Gallagher ties up a c15k pwk extension but we are expected to believe some of the others are asking for more ?

Iv'e backed Gallagher i like him when he's used properly but tying up one who is highest paid before others who are more important to the team isn't a good look.  Could we afford to lose Gallys wage in order to put it towards a couple of others pay rises ?

Hell yes but it doesn't seem to work that way here and i suspect certain agencies have better sway that others with the powers that be.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 47er said:

Ah. I see. Venkys will sell Brockhall (Jack's last remaining legacy), build a new academy with new money and give the proceeds from the sale of Brockhall to BRFC!

Is that want you want me to believe?

If so, there is an historic bridge across the Thames in the centre of London which I own. I would be happy to sell it to you for half its real cost as I need the money urgently to finance a new venture. Cash only mind!

how much is it on the market for? I can raid my piggy bank I’ve got £10 15s 11d. Is that enough?

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Gallagher ties up a c15k pwk extension but we are expected to believe some of the others are asking for more ?

Iv'e backed Gallagher i like him when he's used properly but tying up one who is highest paid before others who are more important to the team isn't a good look.  Could we afford to lose Gallys wage in order to put it towards a couple of others pay rises ?

Hell yes but it doesn't seem to work that way here and i suspect certain agencies have better sway that others with the powers that be.

Exactly what I thought. If we didn't have three key assets expiring in the summer and a mega asset with only a year left in the summer, I wouldn't complain about Gally getting an extension. He is limited but has his uses and isn't as bad as people make out. But he is secured under contract on a decent wedge already. I'd rather take money from an offer to him and tack some more on the other three.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tugay-is-God said:

You could really imagine all three of the comments above with the names Gallagher swapped for Brereton, had he signed an extension a year ago. 

A year ago, we didn't have players like Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell coming to the end of their deals. We just had older players or players who weren't good enough coming to the end of deals.

And actually I'd have been fine with it a year ago. He wasn't what he is now, but he was starting to look a useful player who could chip in with goals.

5 hours ago, 47er said:

Oh yes I do know that. My response  is to the above post from Spartakfenni which has  Venkys selling the academy to build a new one and giving the profits to the Club.

Unless the new academy is a tin shed on a carpark I'm struggling to see where this immense profit lies.

Apologies, I thought you were part of this conversation!

Which will be a big upgrade on the last one the V's promised to build, the Rovers Academy in Pune, which as neither a tin shed or a car park 10 years on

Edited by perthblue02