BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

It's not completely beyond the realm of possibility that we could sign Van Hecke and Khadra although unlikely if they continue to perform. Brighton has been hoovering up young talent for a few seasons now and currently has 18 or so players out on loan. 7 of them in the Championship (6 playing for top 6 clubs).

Thats a lot of players competing for limited spots in the Brighton full team squad.

Van Hecke & Khedra (Blackburn);
Clarke & Molumbey (WBA);
Ostigard & Sima (Stoke City);
Longman (Hull City);
Weir (Cambridge United):
Walton (Ipswich):
Rushworth (Walsall):
Jenks (Aberdeen):
Cochrane (Hearts):
Dendoncker (St Johnstone):
Caicedo (Beerschot):
Zeqiri (Augsburg):
Mitoma (USG):
Andone (Cadiz):
Karbownik (Olympiacos)

• Like 3

I’m happy to sit back and enjoy what unfolds both on and off the pitch in January.

My feeling is that we will push to pick up Hedges and Souttar on small fees once they’ve got salary arrangements agreed. 

Then it will be a case of who blinks first with the contract negotiations. Does a PL team come in with a couple of million for Lenihan or Rothwell? If not then I can see them staying with us until the summer, whether contracts are signed or not. Do the three out of contract decide that they want to sign or can we budge a little with the money to get them to sign.

Either way, I think this John Park can be trusted to find us players. The understanding is that he was instrumental in the signings of Edun, Poveda, Khadra, JPvH and getting Maja over (only to fail his medical) so I believe he deserves some slack.

I certainly wouldn’t be writing off the likes of Souttar and Hedges as a fan.

Ultimately, I think, reading between the lines is that the club are aiming to lose no one and sign the Scottish lads, Maja on loan to perm and a central midfielder. If we achieve that, we’re on….

The HUGE challenge is if someone bids £25M+ for BBD….then we better have an amazing plan to reinvest!

Really exciting month ahead!

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I don't think anyone has written either of them off. But I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Wise way to be with anything Rovers since, oh, about 2011!

Similarly I wouldn't be assuming anything about £25M from the sale of Brereton----should it happen.

40 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m happy to sit back and enjoy what unfolds both on and off the pitch in January.

My feeling is that we will push to pick up Hedges and Souttar on small fees once they’ve got salary arrangements agreed. 

Then it will be a case of who blinks first with the contract negotiations. Does a PL team come in with a couple of million for Lenihan or Rothwell? If not then I can see them staying with us until the summer, whether contracts are signed or not. Do the three out of contract decide that they want to sign or can we budge a little with the money to get them to sign.

Either way, I think this John Park can be trusted to find us players. The understanding is that he was instrumental in the signings of Edun, Poveda, Khadra, JPvH and getting Maja over (only to fail his medical) so I believe he deserves some slack.

Ultimately, I think, reading between the lines is that the club are aiming to lose no one and sign the Scottish lads, Maja on loan to perm and a central midfielder. If we achieve that, we’re on….

The HUGE challenge is if someone bids £25M+ for BBD….then we better have an amazing plan to reinvest!

Really exciting month ahead!

The plan to reinvest will be similar to what we did with the Armstrong cash. 

• Like 6

There is still that young lad James Hill at Fleetwood. 19 year old centre back that a lot of Premier League clubs have been sniffing at. I've not seen anything of him first hand, but his contract is up in 6 months so if he is of genuinely quality, he might be worth looking at.

I do wonder if there’s some movement on the contract situation based on our current position in the league.

Does the chance of premier league football with us now make us a slightly better proposition to the out of contract players.

27 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

There is still that young lad James Hill at Fleetwood. 19 year old centre back that a lot of Premier League clubs have been sniffing at. I've not seen anything of him first hand, but his contract is up in 6 months so if he is of genuinely quality, he might be worth looking at.

We already have a youngster in Phillips, who has already shown to be competent and confident at U23 level. I would be more tempted to bring him on rather than risk signing someone-elses youngster.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

Old player of mine is James.  Top lad.👍 

I mention this lad 2 years ago...🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Different levels.  England u21 is Hill

You have missed my point. With our financial position, I don't think we can afford to bring in players for positions where we already have players of potential.

Edited by rigger

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

You have missed my point. With our financial position, I don't think we can afford to bring in players for positions where we already have players of potential.

Yet we buy a crocked Scotsman?  I'd have Hilly instead any day., straight into the squad unlike Phillips who isn't ready 

Edited by Sparks Rover

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yet we buy a crocked Scotsman?  I'd have Hilly instead any day., straight into the squad unlike Phillips who isn't ready 

Oh Sparks you don’t help yourself sometimes mate! 

• Like 3

I hope Park is being instrumental in good things but remember we were signing good loans mostly before he rocked up. So to lay all the credit at his door for this seasons might be a bit off the mark.

What i'm seeing since he came is us being lined up with these Scots lads to potentially replace some of the good home grown players we haven't tied down. He's only doing his job of course and the proof is in the eating but i'm not 100% struck on this policy....yet.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

That suggests I care what you think.🤷‍♂️

Fine by me - but if this all goes a little bit Buckley and Whiteman, we’re not stepping in a second time..!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, J*B said:

Fine by me - but if this all goes a little bit Buckley and Whiteman, we’re not stepping in a second time..!

Pattern;

All our academy lads = shit

All other academy lads he knows the name of in region = immense.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Pattern;

Phillips not ready, not shit.  Read what I post or shut up. To quick to jump on my back mate...

I only mention lads I've directly coached in that context.👍

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

We must be very clever to buy someone before the window opens. If (in your opinion) Phillips isn't ready for the first team squad. Why is he training with them ?

Edited by rigger

7 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Again, you know that we are discussing Souttar, no?  My view is that the lad at Fleetwood would be a better bet.  When the window opens🙄🥱

And my view is that at center-half we would be better off, making do with what we have got,rather than signing anybody else, from anywhere and putting any funds we may have to better use.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

interesting comments from Mowbray that Park has been looking all over Europe for Targets for January and the summer. 

I do whether if we go back for Maja on loan to permanent deal if he performs and stays fit. 

For the midfield role, I don't know we go for. 

If we need a right wing back as some have suggested on here what about a loan deal for Neco Williams from Liverpool who supposedly wants out of Liverpool. Maybe a loan to permanent deal in the summer if we go up and if Nyambe doesn't sign new contract

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

And my view is that at center-half we would be better off, making do with what we have got,rather than signing anybody else, from anywhere and putting any funds we may have to better use.

Totally agree mate....I'd like a forward to come in for 6 months.....if we were to buy a CH though.👍

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

Pattern;

Not quite....I dont doubt Sparks' local youth knowledge but I agree he does seem to have downer on any players linked to our academy. Just like you go defensive if anyone says anything negative about Rovers.

I will defend him in that he did not rubbish Phillips just that he wasn't ready. As Phillips has little senior experience compared to Hill then Sparks is right. I also remember him saying we should sign a young centre half from Fleetwood in the past.

Souttar's injury record is a major concern as was Ayala's. No sensible person cannot be failed to be concerned but if his arrival is on an incentive driven appearance bonus and relative low salary then that cant be a bad thing. I would also allow Carter to leave on loan allowing an extra CH place.

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever
  • Like 1