BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

The problem is the salary cap. Once it's in place you can't break it for one player, especially for a full back(regardless of how you rate him!)  because if you do then you'll have the agent of every senior player at the club demanding a pay raise the next day. 

But! the way I see it.... When the salary cap was put in place I don't believe anybody at the club thought we'd be looking at much more than a top half finish this season, So now the club needs to have a rethink and really should raise the cap by a few grand for regular 1st team players since we have a very good possibility of promotion(and the riches that brings) 

I'm quietly confident things will work out right, it's just as always with our owners nothing ever happens or changes with any sense of urgency, but if things can be sorted out in the next week thatvwould be greatvfor moral and hopefully we can hit the ground running again at our nect league game. 

It’s nothing to do with a salary CAP, its to do with our wage structure.

Academy graduates are on a rigid structure. Players we sign are on a different one. This is why Davenport has earned more than Nyambe since he first signed.

Unless we have some flexibility in the current framework we will have the exact same issues with Travis in a year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Academy graduates are on a rigid structure. Players we sign are on a different one. This is why Davenport has earned more than Nyambe since he first signed.

Unless we have some flexibility in the current framework we will have the exact same issues with Travis in a year.

That is absolutely ludicrous.

Players should be judged on not where they originated from but 

1) Actual value to the team 

and

2) Potential resale value.

If that's the case we'll soon be losing Wharton when someone twigs how good he is as well.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

The problem is the salary cap. Once it's in place you can't break it for one player, especially for a full back(regardless of how you rate him!)  because if you do then you'll have the agent of every senior player at the club demanding a pay raise the next day. 

But! the way I see it.... When the salary cap was put in place I don't believe anybody at the club thought we'd be looking at much more than a top half finish this season, So now the club needs to have a rethink and really should raise the cap by a few grand for regular 1st team players since we have a very good possibility of promotion(and the riches that brings) 

I'm quietly confident things will work out right, it's just as always with our owners nothing ever happens or changes with any sense of urgency, but if things can be sorted out in the next week thatvwould be greatvfor moral and hopefully we can hit the ground running again at our nect league game. 

If a salary cap operates in the way our's seems to, then its not  fit for for purpose.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, K-Hod said:

We have no idea if he wants to leave or not to be fair. People have started convincing themselves that Nyambe isn’t that good, in anticipation of him leaving, to justify that stance from where I’m sitting….

From where I’m sitting there are people who aren’t quite as outraged at the prospect of Nyambe leaving as others are and this is being exaggerated as a campaign against him. I find it strange, especially when it descends into name calling.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Spartakfenni said:

Did you go Bruce, we were right behind the goal. The first goal the defence/midfield should have closed him down BUT, Pears should have got a hand to it ash it went through his hands. The second was schoolboy goalkeeping. The third he was off his line and not in the centre. It was floated rather than hit with pace, any competent goalie would save it, pushing it over the bar. All the supporters around us were of one mind on Pears. 
If Mowbray wanted to rest Kiminski then Eastham would have been a better selection. The lad is out of his depth, he rode on the back of his father getting him into Middlesbrough, and his father’s mate scouting him and buying him for us!!! 

No I couldn't go, I watched the stream, and the replays. The first goal he was also responsible by having very poor positioning. Not for the first time for us either. The second is absolutely inexcusable. But the third I'll say again, I'm certain was meant as a cross. In which case his positioning would have been fine. He tried to read the intent, and the intended thing didn't happen. A better keeper may save it, but may also fail to, especially if anticipating the cross.

I've already said I don't want to see him play for us again. He doesn't have it, mentally. He made a mistake and collapsed after. That mentality won't cut it, we need a reliable deputy ASAP.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Frankly, that's a system designed to move academy graduates on. You can't have that baked in as a systemic bias, you have to make more impartial judgements of worth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Possibly because JD came from citeh?  Can't imagine James Brown from Drogheda Utd will be on more than RN will he??? The problem is we are.too busy licking big club arses

4 hours ago, Tugay Et Labore said:

From where I’m sitting there are people who aren’t quite as outraged at the prospect of Nyambe leaving as others are and this is being exaggerated as a campaign against him. I find it strange, especially when it descends into name calling.

If you listen to Mowbray’s post match interview, it is pretty clear he is done with him. Nyambe has a mystery injury that will miraculously disappear when an offer comes in.  

Edited by bigbrandjohn

5 hours ago, Tugay Et Labore said:

Yeah, was a strange comment from @K-Hod.

My stance is pretty much the same as every other I’ve read on here. I like Nyambe, he’s a decent Championship fullback and I’d like him to stay….but, of the three who are about to be out of contract, in my opinion, he is the least skilled, least impactive, holds the least value and is the easiest to replace. There’s many many wing backs out there who can do the same / more than him and won’t break the bank.

Now I appreciate that this opinion won’t be shared by all but I’m unsure why it would infuriate them. It’s not unreasonable.

Back to transfers in…looks like some might be fairly imminent. Anymore on the radar now other than Zeefuik, Souttar, Hedges, Burke and the Leeds loan winger? 

• Like 5

I sit on the fence with Nyambe but do i rate him .. yes, do i think he is injury prone .. yes, do i think there is better out their .. yes. So whats next?

If he does not want to sign the contract offered on the table for whatever reason then thats his choice.
Rovers have two choices if they don’t want to improve the contract offered, either sell him in this window Or run his contract out in the summer.

Both parties have their choices ...simples!
Every player is replaceable

• Like 1

Here's why we cannot let anyone go: we are utterly appalling at getting in replacements. 

A few examples:

- Defenders are coming - took seasons to come. 

- Armstrong still hasnt been replaced. 

- Kaminski came a year after we sold Raya. 

Incidentally the last one is likely to be history repeating itself if Nayambe goes. A former youth player TM has issues with is sold and a last minute substandard loan rushed in as we have no one in that position. 

So yeah, continuity, the quality of what they have, ain't broke don't fix it, they may sign new deals - all good reasons to stick with what we have. But imo the biggest reason is we are very unlikely to get replacements because of our poor recruitment process and speed. Whether that's the higher powers or TMs and his staff's fault is another debate. The big issue is we run a huge risk of massively weakening the team.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tugay Et Labore said:

From where I’m sitting there are people who aren’t quite as outraged at the prospect of Nyambe leaving as others are and this is being exaggerated as a campaign against him. 

Like this post you mean?

"Oh and if we do sign a first team right back then We should sack nyambi off to the first crappy club that puts in an offer for the ungrateful mediocre 💩 let him join the rest of the losers whose careers nose dived after they left us for 'bigger things'/more money."

• Like 1

10 hours ago, slowmo said:

Just asking the question.

A few seem to be slating the Dolan at Wb decision,  but also not offering there alternative , given the squad/ situation. 

At the end of the day it was a patchwork team with the League in mind / options available. 

If Pears didn't hopefully have the his worst day of his career,  it would have been a win and the questions over Dolan etc wouldn't be as prominent.

To be honest I'm glad we are out , full focus on the league and getting up 👍

Buckley has at least played there before as has Travis. Johnson then slots into midfield and therefore the team doesn't have someone who is a total novice in that position. 

Can't Van Heck play at rb. You could switch to a back 4 and play him there. Lots of options for CB if you do. Actually could keep it a back 5 and slot Carter in if need additional CBs. 

Could also perhaps play Pike there. 

All options which would see the RB/rwb more suited than Dolan. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, pomster said:

Every player is replaceable

Spot on.

I think he deserves a new deal based on the fact he's been here since he was 13 and he's a decent Championship full back, but he is replaceable you're quite right. 

My only concern is how losing Nyambe and possibly Lenihan will impact on what finally seems to be a mostly water tight defence. Throughout Mowbrays time here we've struggled in defence, I think he's been unlucky with injuries at times, but he seems to have finally found the combination and I'd hate to see it broken up. 

Just a word on the owners, it seems they've told Mowbray that Brereton won't be leaving unless a ridiculous offer comes in, credit to them for that even though its a no brainer. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

On 07/01/2022 at 19:10, bluebruce said:

I guess this is where 1 million was mentioned. Yes I should bloody well hope we do value him at 'more than 1 million'.

Screenshot_20220107-180829_Samsung Internet.jpg

This made me laugh...

That dutch lad from germany is set to join on loan.

I don’t know if this has already been posted but told that Zeefuik is done. Been at The Avenue for a few days apparently. Financials and particulars sorted just a work permit thing apparently

12 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Fucking hell mate it’s Nyambe not Maldini. Everyone is replaceable and if Nyambe is sold/let go, watch who he ends up going to. He’s really not as good as you make out.

Maldini is a CB

51 minutes ago, neophox said:

Think Davenport could do a good job at right back.... anyone agree?

You believe it's a good idea to put a left-footed central midfielder at right back? 

As for Nyambe, I think he's an honest pro and has had issues with tight hamstrings before. He sprints quite often during matches and puts down a lot of effort going both ways. He'll probably still fondly remember how he was displaced by first JRC then Bennett, so I don't think he owes Mowbray anything. 

What I don't understand is how a loan with a view to a permanent deal (at the figures quoted) for Zeefuik makes better business sense than offering Nyambe better terms. The latter has made 200 apps for us, just turned 24, and will be able to leave on a free come summer. Give him what he wants to try and push for promotion and then let him leave on a cheap if we need to slash the wage bill. Same goes for Lenihan. Rothwell has been some player this season but in the end is not very good defensively and his numbers (goals/assists) are far from where they should be - and that's probably why there aren't more suitors in for him.