BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

16 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If a rival council comes in and offers said road sweeper double his wages, do you think he's going to turn it down? See out his shift with the lads? Absolutely not - he'd be off like a shot.

It's a job to these players, nothing more. 

The road sweeper is on a couple of hundred quid where money is the difference between food on the table or not.yes I and everyone else would take it. More so his entire shift would applaud it.

Let me try again this guy is on a fortune by not only road sweeper standards but the average guy in the street. This buys him choice the opportunity to express the man he is not the man he would like to be. I am at a complete and utter loss at this individual’s moral compass. If it’s about a few extra quid in the bank for four months before he can choose where he goes then it’s unexplainable.
I can only assume that as an individual he is hated by the entire dressing room and wants a change to be more popular. I cannot find a single excuse for this including yours above. Absolutely unexplainable and more if I was a guy in the Bournemouth changing room I’d have a very low opinion of him because I bet they don’t get it 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

For once, I think you've got it right 👍

One more than you’ve got right then eh Jimbo!!? 👍🏼🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

We've been here before.  Except never whilst second in the league.  

Striker/midfielder/wing back cover - on top of Hedges is the bare minimum.  If we really have these things in place,  they will break tonight/early morning. No news by then and we're screwed. 

Based on what Mowbray said I’d want a striker, 2 x midfielders (with Davenport leaving) and wing back cover on top of the Hedges deal - either way there’s a LOT of work to be done mate 🤞🏽

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

Mowbray wants him nowhere near. He’s told him to get to Bournemouth tonight rather than leaving the training ground tomorrow. @glen9mullansaid that Venkys and Suhail where insisting he stayed, but they’ve listened to Mowbray. 

I really hope Rothwell Odemwingie’s it and ends up standing outside the run down seaside mini golf hut that doubles as their training centre at 11pm in the rain waiting for a medical that never happens.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

No to Curtis 

Obi Mikel - doesn't fit the profile of a 23/4 year old championship talent. 

No idea about Giles. 

If/when Rothwell goes we need a quality centre midfielder that can step right into the team if we want to keep up the promotion push, we don't have 'Tony time' to wait 2 or 3 years until the player maybe starts to come good (before then losing them cos their contract is expiring) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm going to predict nobody.

I'm predicting 2 players - one who will be decent like Giles, and a young loanee who we've never heard of.

And I reckon we'd have signed them even without Rothwell leaving.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

Just now, booth said:

I'm predicting 2 players - one who will be decent like Giles, and a young loanee who we've never heard of.

I think Giles was coming anyway. He was the “utility” (or whatever he actually said) player. I suspect the Rothwell replacement will be one player on a permanent deal. 

• Like 3

Just now, booth said:

That would be disastrous. We’d have Travis Johnson and Davenport covering two positions for 18 games. We need 3 centre mids!

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

it’s a bit like us selling Fred Pickering to Everton when we were up at the top of the old First Division. Only difference is Fred was the best centre forward in the UK when the likes of Bournemouth were turning out at Rochdale and Halifax.

Yes Tyrone. Smacks of the same short-termism

Haven’t posted for a while but still check to read sometimes. This Rothwell deal has really blown me, the timing is ridiculous and I know it’s down to money but I thought he would be better than that and wait it out. Bloody Bournemouth of all teams, embarrassing regardless of position. As others have said if it was a PL side you could understand it and wish him well. Premier League supporting friends can’t get their heads around it either when asking me about it, on another note Giles is superb according to a Wolves fan I know. 

Let’s hope this doesn’t derail us and quality additions arrive. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

That would be disastrous. We’d have Travis Johnson and Davenport covering two positions for 18 games. We need 3 centre mids!

I'd love to get a good solid midfielder but I think we'll end up with a loanee.

As I've said earlier, I'd buy someone like Swift who would bring more goals and assists, and a better passer too. Let Buckley have Rothwell's role.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AAK said:

He should be left to rot in the reserves rather than sold to a rival he’s a miserable bastard anyway, the guy has zero personality.

Mmm, rather have a good footballer than one who does a sing and dance routine too

• Like 1

So it looks to be another window with a net transfer profit not requiring the owners to sanction additional funds - all our business will be covered with interest by the Rothwell fee

This is relevant because I had wondered at the start of the month if we would see evidence of the owners 'going for it' this month with the prize of promotion within reach and unless something drastic happens in the next 24 hours we can safely say that hasn't happened. 

3 incomings so far - a loan and two cheap deals for players out of contract at the end of the season, soon to be another multi-million sale. 

Whatever business is now done will be covered by the outgoings.

Without trawling through Mowbray's interviews again how many incomings do we need now? I seem to remember Sharpe saying he expected 2-3 to be done and that was before the Rothwell development and then Mowbray seemed to be saying he wanted a couple of proven signings to replace him.

He said last week that "permanent and loan deals are being looked at and should Rovers get deals over the line following positive talks this week, the squad would be looking strong for the final 18 games"

OK so Hedges is one of those. 

Other lesson is to not take what Mowbray says seriously. Only this week he declared in the Telegraph that Rothwell wouldn't be leaving and that Hedges wouldn't be joining this window.

Yesterday he said that the owners were adamant he wasn't being sold implying the only way he would be was if we could add two talented players in his place.

Looks to me like on those numbers we should be expecting 4 to arrive yet I have no confidence it will happen.

Hope I am wrong but this has 'monumental f*ck up' written all over it and could torpedo our season.

I don't trust them to reinvest because they didn't reinvest after selling Rhodes, Gestede, Cairney, Armstrong, Raya.

But even ignoring the Rothwell situation I don't think the business we have done so far is sufficient in view of the absences and lack of depth we have - the bench yesterday was the weakest I can remember and this is at the back end of a transfer window sitting in a position of strength.

• Like 2