BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Really interesting read this morning in the LT. The bit about a potential ‘surprise’ omission from the team as the player is worried they might get injured suggests either Lenihan or BBD have a move lined up in January. It wouldn’t be a surprise if Nyambe or Rothwell didn’t start…

If any player is scared of getting injured, they need showing the door.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

We have a years option.Accept it.

He will not be leaving on a free transfer, leaving yes most likely but for a fee.

You keep repeating he will leave on a free so i presume you really believe that.

Il bet £100 with you that he wont leave on a free transfer?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-leeds-united-impressed-by-14-goal-efl-ace-burnley-newcastle-brighton-and-southampton-keeping-tabs-too/amp/

So, Sharpe says we have an option, here is another journalist saying he doesn't.🤷‍♂️ 

Why has it not been triggered by us yet considering his form?  I'd have triggered it by now....we must just be waiting about for some reason eh?🤤

20 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-leeds-united-impressed-by-14-goal-efl-ace-burnley-newcastle-brighton-and-southampton-keeping-tabs-too/amp/

So, Sharpe says we have an option, here is another journalist saying he doesn't.🤷‍♂️ 

Why has it not been triggered by us yet considering his form?  I'd have triggered it by now....we must just be waiting about for some reason eh?🤤

They are trying to negotiate a new deal with him.Does it matter they havent activated it yet?

Sharpe has asked the club,that link you just posted is probably some kid in his bedroom writing it

If you are that confident there is no year option and you believe he will go on a free then have the bet with me.Easy £100 for you 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Bad Boy said:

All 3 want out Paul.  Non are talking to the Club.  Our only option is to maximise value and look for replacements.  A lot point the finger of blame at the Club but I believe that is unfair in these cases.  We have always been a trading / selling Club and when someone is determined to leave the best we can do is maximise the fee we receive,

Agreed, I point the finger at the manager for misusing the players.

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

They are trying to negotiate a new deal with him.Does it matter they havent activated it yet?

Sharpe has asked the club,that link you just posted is probably some kid in his bedroom writing it

If you are that confident there is no year option and you believe he will go on a free then have the bet with me.Easy £100 for you 

I don’t understand how you can disregard on journalist and accept another. You only believe those that fit your already held beliefs. I’m not bothered either way as I’ve stated before I don’t believe any of them. I’m happy to wait and see what happens in the summer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Really interesting read this morning in the LT. The bit about a potential ‘surprise’ omission from the team as the player is worried they might get injured suggests either Lenihan or BBD have a move lined up in January. It wouldn’t be a surprise if Nyambe or Rothwell didn’t start…

It can only be a move if the club have agreed a fee, it is not up to the player who is under contract to gout and find a club as they are only free to conduct negotiations if the club firstly agree or it is after the 1st January

4 hours ago, Bad Boy said:

All 3 want out Paul.  Non are talking to the Club.  Our only option is to maximise value and look for replacements.  A lot point the finger of blame at the Club but I believe that is unfair in these cases.  We have always been a trading / selling Club and when someone is determined to leave the best we can do is maximise the fee we receive,

Quite misrepresented post. The club are continuing to TALK to agents of ALL the players and NO agreements have been made YET. Not a lot the club can do if the players declines the offers.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

I don’t understand how you can disregard on journalist and accept another. You only believe those that fit your already held beliefs. I’m not bothered either way as I’ve stated before I don’t believe any of them. I’m happy to wait and see what happens in the summer.

Sharpe will have asked the club about Brerertons contract situation.

That other story that was posted no questions will have been put to the club .

Edited by islander200

5 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

Your assumption again. I doubt that the club would speak to a journalist before they’d exercised the option.

So how did Sharpe know all the other times players had year options before the club activated them?

Not an assumption im going off what Sharpe has written and like i said above he was on the money all the other times.Like Rothwell and Nyambe going into this season.He had it in the paper before the club activated the year

Are you going to show this evidence that Brererton was a Balaji signing?

Edited by islander200
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

Didn't sharpe say we had an option on Chapman though aswell, and that turned out to be wrong. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

Didn't sharpe say we had an option on Chapman though aswell, and that turned out to be wrong. 

In fairness the club got that wrong.Mowbray himself thought it 

If we didnt have an option in Brerertons contract the club would be shitting themselves and we would be seeing his name linked with a lot more clubs

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

In fairness the club got that wrong.Mowbray himself thought it 

If we didnt have an option in Brerertons contract the club would be shitting themselves and we would be seeing his name linked with a lot more clubs

Your 100 isn't that safe mate...you haven't a clue if we have an option...🤣 only Ben and his dad do...

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He should be a target in January or next summer if finances allow.

Good player and someone we should be targeting in my opinion 

Seen much of him live?

Cant see us spending much if anything unless we sell Brereton, maybe he would be a potential replacement. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He should be a target in January or next summer if finances allow.

Good player and someone we should be targeting in my opinion 

A question that pops into my mind is, if he is such a good player, why did MK Dons let him go for less than half a million ? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Your 100 isn't that safe mate...you haven't a clue if we have an option...🤣 only Ben and his dad do...

So the club dont know?

We didnt activate Rothwells and Nyambes year until last summer.Sharpe knew about both those before activation.

The £100 bet is still on the table that he wont be leaving for free this summer.

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seen much of him live?

Cant see us spending much if anything unless we sell Brereton, maybe he would be a potential replacement. 

Given that most of the Toulouse games are the same time as Rovers games but Ive watched every game highlights on Youtube of Toulouse games each week. 

next year, we will have a better budget to sign players permanent and Healey would be player I would extensive scouting with a view to signing him in the summer. We need scouting players right now for next season regards who the manager/head coach is. 

30 minutes ago, rigger said:

A question that pops into my mind is, if he is such a good player, why did MK Dons let him go for less than half a million ? 

not bothered by that at all. He is goalscorer and that what we are after. Plenty of clubs were there scouting him this weekend which is no surprise to me. 

38 minutes ago, islander200 said:

So the club dont know?

We didnt activate Rothwells and Nyambes year until last summer.Sharpe knew about both those before activation.

The £100 bet is still on the table that he wont be leaving for free this summer.

You answered that question when you said they got it wrong about Chapman. They do get things wrong, the simplest of things. That said you'd like to think after they made themselves look stupid the last time they would make sure this time. 🙄

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

You answered that question when you said they got it wrong about Chapman. They do get things wrong, the simplest of things. That said you'd like to think after they made themselves look stupid the last time they would make sure this time. 🙄

He's going for nowt and we all know it...absolute cock up

12 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

I think the situations are a lot different.Chapman wasnt potentially bringing in 15+ million.Currently Brererton is our highest valued asset so i do think the club would be absolutely certain that option was in Brerertons contract before sharing it with the local paper

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's going for nowt and we all know it...absolute cock up

No you think this.He will not be going for nothing.You are obviously on the wind up and trying to scare monger as for a man so certain of something funny you wont commit to taking an easy £100 off me

24 minutes ago, islander200 said:

No you think this.He will not be going for nothing.You are obviously on the wind up and trying to scare monger as for a man so certain of something funny you wont commit to taking an easy £100 off me

I'd rather just have the satisfaction of getting one over on you.  So, by your reckoning he's got another 19 month left.

We should be getting at least £18m then, probably more as he's an established international player.  Mowbray must be earmarking all those defenders as we speak.

53 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

You would yes but.......