BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

7 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Genuinely wonder if the £5 million is a typo, missing a 1. It just seems like such a bizarre figure for a player of his age and goal record who has effectively 18 months left to run on his contract. 

Which lends to the rumours that his deal runs out in the summer.  5m in Jan or nowt.  I hope forest don't have a clause or we will get bugger all

21 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Genuinely wonder if the £5 million is a typo, missing a 1. It just seems like such a bizarre figure for a player of his age and goal record who has effectively 18 months left to run on his contract. 

To be fair, I'd probably sell in January for £51 million

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 8

27 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Which lends to the rumours that his deal runs out in the summer.  5m in Jan or nowt.  I hope forest don't have a clause or we will get bugger all

It does run out in the summer. But we will extend it before then. There is no rumour that we don't have an extension, that's just your rumour.

Sharpe isn't journalist of the year, but he wouldn't make up the club telling him they have a 1 year extension. We have 1 year extensions, in our favour, in the vast majority of deals we get players to sign these days. There is no reason to think it isn't true for BB. I can't remember us activating one of them before December so far, as we simply don't need to.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

It does run out in the summer. But we will extend it before then. There is no rumour that we don't have an extension, that's just your rumour.

Sharpe isn't journalist of the year, but he wouldn't make up the club telling him they have a 1 year extension. We have 1 year extensions, in our favour, in the vast majority of deals we get players to sign these days. There is no reason to think it isn't true for BB. I can't remember us activating one of them before December so far, as we simply don't need to.

I look forward to hearing the good news then.👍

• Like 1

Moyes and his brother sniffing around again to get the auction started.

Face it we are in for a repeat of the previous fire sale era it was always on the cards. Difference this time is the training ground will have gone off the books as well.

All this will be followed by Mowbrays contract extension and his cheapo rebuild with bags of sympathy - mostly from himself.

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If West ham want him they can give us 22 million along with that Scully fella who is on loan at Leyton Orient 

He not on loan there from West Ham or on loan at Leyton Orient but he signed permanent for Lincoln in February 2020 from West Ham 

• Like 2

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19731448.wingers-linked-blackburn-rovers-wait-ian-poveda-injury-news/

Both Ogbene and Scully mentioned here by the LT as being of interest, along with others.

Scully is younger with a considerably better goal record, plays on the left or right of the three (usually the right it seems), also 3 assists this season. He seems far more interesting on paper, but Ogbene has been capped 5 times for Ireland whilst Scully doesn't seem to have been at senior level yet. Presumably there is a reason for that, but without having seen either lad I'm more interested in the far better goals record. Depends on cost of course.

43 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19731448.wingers-linked-blackburn-rovers-wait-ian-poveda-injury-news/

Both Ogbene and Scully mentioned here by the LT as being of interest, along with others.

Scully is younger with a considerably better goal record, plays on the left or right of the three (usually the right it seems), also 3 assists this season. He seems far more interesting on paper, but Ogbene has been capped 5 times for Ireland whilst Scully doesn't seem to have been at senior level yet. Presumably there is a reason for that, but without having seen either lad I'm more interested in the far better goals record. Depends on cost of course.

Ogbene would be a great signing 

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Will be interesting if we terminate the Poveda loan deal now. 

I've watched some clips of Scully on the Lincoln City FC facebook page of him and his goals. He can finish and looks a threat. Reminds me abit of Adam Armstrong. 

If we want a striker on loan I would look at Everton striker Ellis Simms.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Southside Rover said:

How about Elliott comes back to rehabilitate after injury to fill the void left by Poveda?

Won't happen, sounds like they want him in their first team from now on.

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Will be interesting if we terminate the Poveda loan deal now. 

I've watched some clips of Scully on the Lincoln City FC facebook page of him and his goals. He can finish and looks a threat. Reminds me abit of Adam Armstrong. 

If we want a striker on loan I would look at Everton striker Ellis Simms.  

Expect we will wait to see the extent of Poveda's injury before making a call on that.

Did Scully look anywhere near as fast as Arma?

From that conversation with Waggot, I didn’t get the impression we were going to blow our brains out on players though he did talk about “getting a few on pre-contracts for next season”. He was also adamant that none would be leaving for free in the summer and that they’d be working hard to sell anyone who didn’t sign extensions.

He felt JR and RN would sign as they were both keen and it was agents hanging on for more money. He also said that DL was less likely as he thought he could get a move to the Prem.

Based on that conversation and the injury to Poveda I’d say they’ll get a couple on pre-contracts, Hedges and Souttar. A loan / cheap winger to replace Poveda and potentially replace any sales.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they get another Striker either but that’s just a hunch.

So, 2-4 signings in Jan depending on sales and then another 2 or 3 on pre-contracts from Scotland ready for the summer. John Parks at the centre of it all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

From that conversation with Waggot, I didn’t get the impression we were going to blow our brains out on players though he did talk about “getting a few on pre-contracts for next season”.

John Parks at the centre of it all.

All desperately worrying if like me you are hoping Mowbray will be long gone by summer.

Players on pre contracts don't help for the remainder of  this season and what if a new manager came in and didn't fancy the players he'd been lumbered with signing?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

All desperately worrying if like me you are hoping Mowbray will be long gone by summer.

Players on pre contracts don't help for the remainder of  this season and what if a new manager came in and didn't fancy the players he'd been lumbered with signing?

Then don't appoint him. Rovers can't stop recruiting players based on Mowbray's future or not. 

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That's why you rely on your recruitment team to sign good players

A new manager might not fancy players who are already here. Yu can't just freeze signings because of that. You need to move if good players are available 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

That's why you rely on your recruitment team to sign good players

A new manager might not fancy players who are already here. Yu can't just freeze signings because of that. You need to move if good players are available 

Ah the two Mr. Flip Flops who are now seemingly quite content with Mowbray steaming in.....

Sorry guys, no offence, my point was more that if the only focus of our transfer activity in January is to sign non entities from Scotland on pre contracts for next season that isn't necessarily indicative of major regime changes coming in summer.

Mowbray isn't the man to take us forward at this level, never was and never will be. A temporary and slightly better sequence of results than we had last season doesn't change that but I'm getting concerned that the owners view on Mowbray's future might change like the wind on the back of a couple of decent results or vice versa.