BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Josh Maja, formerly of Sunderland, currently Bordeaux I think. About 23/24, looks like a decent gamble to make albeit apparently has a back issue.

Maja DID HAVE a back injury since his own Instagram post, Bordeaux website and their twitter page have all confirm the injury 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Considering that we were going to sign Maja on a loan to perm move says there was some money there considering his wages demands, loan fee and others. 

So there is some money there, maybe a million to 1.5 million in my opinion

Wait, have you not constantly being saying we didn't sign anyone cos of FFP? I'm not digging at you, but genuinely isn't that what you have been saying? 

So it's not cos of money we didn't sign anyone, it's because of ineptitude. We all know this though to ne fair and yes things are going surprisingly well on the field , so that's great, but if we had money why didn't we just replace Armstrong , we knew for months and months he was leaving 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I'd be amazed if we made 4 signings in January. Seems like misguided optimism. 

I'll be amazed if we sign anyone in January.

Most likely scenario would be selling Lenihan before his contract expires and lamating a difficult window to buy a replacement and failing to sign a replacement. "Go with what we have" until the summer (when we will probably fail again)

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maja DID HAVE a back injury since his own Instagram post, Bordeaux website and their twitter page have all confirm the injury 

Yes I know. That's why I said it.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Wait, have you not constantly being saying we didn't sign anyone cos of FFP? I'm not digging at you, but genuinely isn't that what you have been saying? 

So it's not cos of money we didn't sign anyone, it's because of ineptitude. We all know this though to ne fair and yes things are going surprisingly well on the field , so that's great, but if we had money why didn't we just replace Armstrong , we knew for months and months he was leaving 

Maja for example would cost probably 3 to 4 millions in a transfer fee. Maja loan deal was apparently a loan to a view permanent deal next summer

Could we sign a striker for 500k to a million? But would he be of the required quality. 

12 hours ago, Mike E said:

Yes I know. That's why I said it.

You said apparently not that he has a back injury. 

10 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Cant be gambling on players with questionable fitness/injury issues though can we Chudders!

I agree. Maja hasn't played any football yet and with around 5/6 weeks left before their winter break happens. So I wonder how much if any gametime he will get. 

18 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

How does that work - we're in November? He must have 19 months left. He signed a two year deal with the option of a third (presumably in our favour as normal).

The end of this season will see it at 12 months, then the following January he can sign a pre contract. Given the on going saga with the other players do you REALLY what Kaminski’s discussions to follow a similar path. Get him signed on a long contract now, or look to sell him in the summer and have another goalkeeper lined up. As I said in my original post we don’t want to be desperately searching for a goalkeeper when ours has gone to a new club. As a side note they should have given him a new long term contract LAST summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maja for example would cost probably 3 to 4 millions in a transfer fee. Maja loan deal was apparently a loan to a view permanent deal next summer

Could we sign a striker for 500k to a million? But would he be of the required quality. 

I agree. Maja hasn't played any football yet and with around 5/6 weeks left before their winter break happens. So I wonder how much if any gametime he will get. 

I think we should forget about Maja and start looking elsewhere.

• Like 2

• Backroom
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes. Apparently means 'as far as I know'.

I.e: 'As far as I know, he has a back issue'.

Blue Blood put it better than me but you blocked him long ago for talking sense.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Yes. Apparently means 'as far as I know'.

I.e: 'As far as I know, he has a back issue'.

Fair enough Mike 👍🏻

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think we should forget about Maja and start looking elsewhere.

I think we probably are already. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

You clearly know since links have provides that says he has back injury

I think we probably are already. 

You seem to go to the far end of a fart. They are not questioning his back injury, rather your understanding of the English language. Take the advice and stop the responses as it makes you look silly.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Blue blood said:

I appreciate @Mike E doesn't need any help but is this really necessary or acceptable? I mean it was utterly and totally clear that apparently did not mean allegedly. Totally clear from the context and it's used in that way all the time. 

I'd be more willing to accept it was a genuine mistake if on the Premier League thread Chaddy wasn't both pretending to misunderstand a hypothetical and arguing the hypothetical at the same time. 

this deliberate misuse and fake misunderstanding of the English language is really poor and brings the message board down imo. 

Including a bizarre misunderstanding of something I wrote on the Premier League thread.

Referring to Dyche hypothetically being Rovers manager, I wrote. "It's a case of swallowing your pride to save your club." (or words to that effect)

Which Chaddy translated as... "All Rovers fans would be happy to have Dyche as Rovers manager."

Still trying to work it out. Either someone's on the wind up or someone's been on the sauce.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, booth said:

Including a bizarre misunderstanding of something I wrote on the Premier League thread.

Referring to Dyche hypothetically being Rovers manager, I wrote. "It's a case of swallowing your pride to save your club." (or words to that effect)

Which Chaddy translated as... "All Rovers fans would be happy to have Dyche as Rovers manager."

Still trying to work it out. Either someone's on the wind up or someone's been on the sauce.

🤣

O and I'm a rovers fan! and as much as I respect what Dyche has achieved with The Dingleberries I wouldn't want him here now after he's become an icon for them!!

It would be like Dalglish or Souness joining Bumley after leaving us

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

12 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

🤣

O and I'm a rovers fan! and as much as I respect what Dyche has achieved with The Dingleberries I wouldn't want him here now after he's become an icon for them!!

You are correct. It would be good managers taking over from poor ones. To be honest I can't see anything wrong with that.

• Like 1

Jonjo Kenny. one we should be looking at in Jan as a loan or loan to buy? We really need a quality right back regardless of whether Nyambe stays or goes. Kenny fits the current rovers trend of signing decent youngish players with potential to really improve more and his wages don't seem too excessive considering he's prem player.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/journalist-says-everton-ace-once-dubbed-unbelievable-could-now-leave-in-january/ar-AAQEJP5?li=AAnZ9Ug

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

🤣

It was in reference to other posters talking of guaranteed promotion with Dyche (including Longsiders). I'd swallow my pride for that, and it would be up to others to do that. How could I possibly know if all Rovers fans would be happy about it? I didn't even say I'd be happy about it. But it's all hypothetical and would never happen. And why Chaddy was trying to manufacture some kind of squabble by making sh** up, only he knows.

• Like 2

Not sure what he would cost ,but we could do worse than Rotherham's Ogbene. Have watched a lot of him with ireland and whilst we are rubbish, he is pretty good. A very,very hard worker, strong, quick  and whilst not a clinical finisher, knows where the net is. 

Definitely worth a punt around the million mark 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not sure what he would cost ,but we could do worse than Rotherham's Ogbene. Have watched a lot of him with ireland and whilst we are rubbish, he is pretty good. A very,very hard worker, strong, quick  and whilst not a clinical finisher, knows where the net is. 

Definitely worth a punt around the million mark 

I suspect that a million is well beyond our budget. Ogbene has only 1 goal in 51 for Rotherham too.

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect that a million is well beyond our budget. Ogbene has only 1 goal in 51 for Rotherham too.

Ya, I checked that after and was surprised it was only 1 in 51. Not sure where they play him. I definitely like the look of him though. Very ,very honest lad, runs all-day and works really hard for the team. I reckon his all round game is a lot better than Gallagher's 

Not sure how much he would cost though 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel