BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

15 minutes ago, rigger said:

Do we need another striker, I'd be looking for a right-back.

We probably need both! Though a right back is more pressing. 

Problem is let's say the players of contract and Bereton leave this summer, plus the loans that's another 8 players that need replacing. That's on top of the gaps from last summer's transfers too. 

Up front even if the two loan lads do it - and one good game doesn't prove it - they aren't here next year. Add in Bereton leaving and that's a fair bit of the forward options needing replacing, before we even think about improvement. 

That said we only have one right back, who is likely off, so that is probably an even bigger priority. But there will be more holes in the squad than a Swiss cheese - there's once again a ton of work to be done. And worst of all, this is all to stay still not improve. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not sure what he would cost ,but we could do worse than Rotherham's Ogbene. Have watched a lot of him with ireland and whilst we are rubbish, he is pretty good. A very,very hard worker, strong, quick  and whilst not a clinical finisher, knows where the net is. 

Definitely worth a punt around the million mark 

For me, I've seen him in both of your games and I wouldn't be looking to sign him. Not a main striker and thats what I think we need

Yes he is decent player 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Sorry @rigger I was meaning right back if Nyambe does one in January.

If Nyambe does leave in January, I would say we need two right-backs. I would think that would make the likelyhood of us going for a striker, even longer odds.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, rigger said:

Do we need another striker, I'd be looking for a right-back.

I would say we need both tbh depending on the finances and squad places available. Plus who is sold in January if anyone need replacing. 

I suspect Nyambe and Rothwell will sign new contracts here shortly but Lenihan I suspect will be sold in January and I would hope we sign John Souttar from Hearts

Edited by chaddyrovers

26 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

Because of the exodus it’ll not only be Nyanbe, Brereton, Rothwell, but also Lenahan. The under 23’s can’t bridge the gap, so the fat jock needs to be looking on the bargain basement shelves.

The Rovers will be hoping that Pike, Dack, JRC, and Wharton will replace those four. I am not saying that I agree with that outlook. It is how I think, the club will think. 

1 minute ago, rigger said:

The Rovers will be hoping that Pike, Dack, JRC, and Wharton will replace those four. I am not saying that I agree with that outlook. It is how I think, the club will think. 

Wharton is already part of the squad so Lenihan needs replacing and thats why Rovers scouting team have been looking at Hearts centre back John Souttar. 

How is Dack or JRC a replacement for the striker Brereton?

Pike is fine as back up right back but we need a new first choice right back

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say we need both tbh depending on the finances and squad places available. Plus who is sold in January if anyone need replacing. 

I suspect Nyambe and Rothwell will sign new contracts here shortly but Lenihan I suspect will be sold in January and I would hope we sign John Souttar from Hearts

Why do you think those two will sign new deals? Hasn't it been widely accepted for some time that they won't?

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rothwell's move to Rangers looks off now Gerrard has moved on. 

Have you seen @Paul Mani's comments after his chat with Waggott?

I find it hard to believe anything Waggott says in public, let alone what I hear third hand that he says in a private chat for which he can't be held accountable.

• Like 7

There is a lot of assumptions present.

Ultimately until any of these players sign on the dotted line, there is a large degree of uncertainty 

It also seems to be taken as a fact that we have a strong interest in Souttar. When you see a club linked with other clubs in the paper, you have to take it with a pinch of salt, not assume it to be a fact.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rothwell's move to Rangers looks off now Gerrard has moved on. 

Have you seen @Paul Mani's comments after his chat with Waggott?

A few weeks before that conversation with Paul Mani  a poster on here  was saying that Waggot was around saying that Lenihen was close but Rothwell and Nyambe are proving difficult.It was the matchday prior to Poveda  being brought in.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

ha 

20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

A few weeks before that conversation with Paul Mani  a poster on here  was saying that Waggot was around saying that Lenihen was close but Rothwell and Nyambe are proving difficult.It was the matchday prior to Poveda  being brought in.

Exactly, Lenihan was all but done according to Waggott. 1 month later and Chadster still believes everything he hears.

23 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

For me, I've seen him in both of your games and I wouldn't be looking to sign him. Not a main striker and thats what I think we need

Yes he is decent player 

No, he's not a main striker, correct. Khadra and Poveda are loans though, so a permanent signing there would be good too.

18 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Exactly, Lenihan was all but done according to Waggott. 1 month later and Chadster still believes everything he hears.

This is why people should stop venerating all the so called "ITK" posters on here. I reckon less than 10% of the bollocks that gets spouted ends up being true and yet people hang on their every word, which is incidentally exactly why they do it.

• Like 1

This is an interesting article. Assuming it includes players loaned out then we could be contributing a significant amount for our loanees. Brightons lowest paid player is on £10k per week, Leeds lowest on £17k and Liverpools on £9k.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-dani-alves-barcelona-25467717

There is no suggestion that it does include loan players (these teams will have players out on loan at far lower than Championship level) nor that the figures are accurate as anything regarding wages is purely speculative. But even if they are on wages above that, we could still and likely are only paying a fraction of those wages.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Try and base your research on more than looking at a players Wiki 

Come on BDS. I'm sure he has other attributes to his game that are impressive or you wouldn't be suggesting him and ROI wouldn't have capped him 5 times. But 1 goal in 51 (in 70 if you cover all his spell in England) by age 24 isn't remotely acceptable for anyone playing anywhere on the front line.

Poveda has managed that for us whilst barely featuring. Pickering has already managed that and he's a full back. Ayala has scored double that just this season and he is a CB. All these goals a league above where Ogbene scored his one.

It's fair for posters to be more than dubious about that record, especially since we have a team reliant on scoring goals due to our leaky defence.

Personally I'd need a hell of a lot of convincing to not feel nervous if we were to plonk a million on him like you suggest.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Come on BDS. I'm sure he has other attributes to his game that are impressive or you wouldn't be suggesting him and ROI wouldn't have capped him 5 times. But 1 goal in 51 (in 70 if you cover all his spell in England) by age 24 isn't remotely acceptable for anyone playing anywhere on the front line.

Poveda has managed that for us whilst barely featuring. Pickering has already managed that and he's a full back. Ayala has scored double that just this season and he is a CB. All these goals a league above where Ogbene scored his one.

It's fair for posters to be more than dubious about that record, especially since we have a team reliant on scoring goals due to our leaky defence.

Personally I'd need a hell of a lot of convincing to not feel nervous if we were to plonk a million on him like you suggest.

I am not sure that 5 caps for Ireland is a badge of honour these days to be fair!