BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not a normal way to run a club to just hold off the usually continuous process of signing players when possible to improve the team because you have already decided that a managers time is up, but you arent going to let him go just yet.

If and when we dont spend, that wont be the reason. The reason that we didnt spend in the summer and the owners didnt reinvest the Armstrong money is because of how tough they have had it financially in India, so I suspect that regardless of the circumstances, things such as league position, managerial situation etc, it hasnt changed in 6 months.

The reasons why we didn't spend in the summer was FFP related . How many times do we need to over this until you accept it? 

10 hours ago, islander200 said:

I disagree.Unless it is a deal too good to be true or we are spending decent money on a few players that would significantly increase our chances of promotion(which ffp wont allow,which you have been saying yourself)

Talk of players like Hedges and pre contracts for the summer sounds like Mowbray will be here next term.I dont know too much about Hedges but i doubt many prospective new managers would have him on their transfer lists

If he is going then he shouldnt be given money in january to spend  when it will likely at best lead to us finishing a couple of places better in the table which might be 10th instead of 12th.The league is poor but no way are we getting promoted under Mowbray as he cant help himself and will never just pick a settled team and will constantly revert to trying to play the opposition at their own game, losing more often than not.

The club still need to make signings that we need regarding of Mowbray and his future. 

I don;'t know if Mowbray will be here next year/season 

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The reasons why we didn't spend in the summer was FFP related . How many times do we need to over this until you accept it? 

The club still need to make signings that we need regarding of Mowbray and his future. 

According to roversfan ffp isnt an issue as the owners havent put in the max allowed over this cycle and they dont have to put in 20 million a year to cover our losses.

If its ffp related like you and i both believe then we wont be able to make significant signings in January anyway

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

According to roversfan ffp isnt an issue as the owners havent put in the max allowed over this cycle and they dont have to put in 20 million a year to cover our losses.

If its ffp related like you and i both believe then we wont be able to make significant signings in January anyway

So we haven't made 39 million pounds in losses over the seasons plus alot more in losses. 

The FFP is clear and @philiwent through this during the summer. 

I think we make 2 signings this Window. 1 loan and 1 prem 

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So we haven't made 39 million pounds in losses over the seasons plus alot more in losses. 

The FFP is clear and @philiwent through this during the summer. 

I think we make 2 signings this Window. 1 loan and 1 prem 

I agree we have made those losses but apparantley its a massive assumption to think FFP could be an issue

• Like 1

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I agree we have made those losses but apparantley its a massive assumption to think FFP could be an issue

I'm sure there was something about Armstrong's sale contributing to THIS season's FFP (training ground sale to LAST season's FFP).

If I understand correctly, that means that next summer we'll be able to spend the full £20m or whatever on transfers?

Please god don't give Mowbray 20 million to spend !!!

Half or it will go on a kid who'll play cameo roles for ten mins every week for two years and who might be worth 20 million in 5 years.  The rest will go on ex boro big wage freebies and million pound a year loans.

We'll still finish 12th.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I genuinely don't think we need to spend anywhere near 20 million to get out out of this division.

3 or 4 decent signings made by an astute manager to supplement the core of our existing side, would get us a long way.

The stumbling block is, the astute manager bit.

• Like 2

I’d like to bring up the goalkeeper situation. Kaminski has 12 months left on his contract. I can’t see him signing another as he’s in one of the best international squads and he’s in the top 2 keepers in the division. We need to ensure we have a replacement lined up. Pears is not good enough and it’s too early for Eastham who is by far the best backup at the club. We don’t want another Whilton situation again.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chaddy, we don't need to repeatedly go over it, you and @islander200 quote me every time I put something even remotely related to transfer spend and reiterate your opinions on FFP. Can you both please stop constantly telling me what you believe and assume and just accept that I do not share your assumption that the lack of spend this season is solely down to FFP, there are I believe flaws about your assumptions which I have previously pointed out, but I am fed up of going round in circles about it. My view is simply that Venkys have turned off the taps as they have done previously more than once, and probably further instigated this time by the pandemic.

Nobody knows for sure either way, so the point to which I will agree with or as you put it "accept" both of your opinions (not facts) on the matter will be when someone at the club, either Mowbray, Waggott or the owners come out and say implicitly that we haven't spent this season solely down to being on the brink of FFP regulations even after selling Armstrong and the training ground transfer. So please stop trying, you are both wasting your own time.

I would agree with you though that we cannot put a halt to recruitment simply out of the uncertainty or even if it has been pre-arranged that this will be Mowbray's last season. (Which is a huge assumption but if true, would be bizarre as he should be sacked now if that is the case)

I would further suggest that the signings of Pickering and Edun and the contract extensions to the likes of Wharton, Buckley, Dolan, Dack, Rankin Costello etc all beyond the end of this season prove that this is almost certainly not the reason to which recruitment has been put on hold. A new manager would need a semblance of a squad to build around, not just a total clean slate.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

I’d like to bring up the goalkeeper situation. Kaminski has 12 months left on his contract. I can’t see him signing another as he’s in one of the best international squads and he’s in the top 2 keepers in the division. We need to ensure we have a replacement lined up. Pears is not good enough and it’s too early for Eastham who is by far the best backup at the club. We don’t want another Whilton situation again.

Agree that needs sorting out now he's the best we've had in a long while and chances of another as good are slim to non.  They did really well finding him and getting him here however losing him cancels all that out.

This is what tends to happen here now though and in 6 months time as things tick down the blame will be plonked soley on the player.

Get him signed up NOW !

49 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

I’d like to bring up the goalkeeper situation. Kaminski has 12 months left on his contract. 

How does that work - we're in November? He must have 19 months left. He signed a two year deal with the option of a third (presumably in our favour as normal).

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Who is Maja?

Josh Maja, formerly of Sunderland, currently Bordeaux I think. About 23/24, looks like a decent gamble to make albeit apparently has a back issue.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We signed Edun though. was that exactly the amount we had to spend? Either way it doesn't change the fact we never replaced Armstrong with a loan 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Chaddy, we don't need to repeatedly go over it, you and @islander200 quote me every time I put something even remotely related to transfer spend and reiterate your opinions on FFP. Can you both please stop constantly telling me what you believe and assume and just accept that I do not share your assumption that the lack of spend this season is solely down to FFP, there are I believe flaws about your assumptions which I have previously pointed out, but I am fed up of going round in circles about it. My view is simply that Venkys have turned off the taps as they have done previously more than once, and probably further instigated this time by the pandemic.

Nobody knows for sure either way, so the point to which I will agree with or as you put it "accept" both of your opinions (not facts) on the matter will be when someone at the club, either Mowbray, Waggott or the owners come out and say implicitly that we haven't spent this season solely down to being on the brink of FFP regulations even after selling Armstrong and the training ground transfer. So please stop trying, you are both wasting your own time.

Well you could work it out for yourself maybe. All the info is out there so nothing stopping you work it or look back at @Phill 's posts from the summer regarding this FFP issues. 

You posted that Venkys have turned off the taps which doesn't stack up either considering they bought the training ground for 16 million pounds recently plus cover the losses each season. 

The FFP rules are clear and simple. We have made massive losses over the past seasons and only allow 39 millions so we are way over that

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I would agree with you though that we cannot put a halt to recruitment simply out of the uncertainty or even if it has been pre-arranged that this will be Mowbray's last season. (Which is a huge assumption but if true, would be bizarre as he should be sacked now if that is the case)

If we need signings then make the signings happens

2 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I think we'll see 3 or 4 come in 

Maja loan to buy 

Hedges Permanent 

Plus 2 others to replace any outgoings. 

I think Hedges will be on a pre contract 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I'd be amazed if we made 4 signings in January. Seems like misguided optimism. 

surely it depends on who is sold surely. The poster has posted his opinion

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We signed Edun though. was that exactly the amount we had to spend? Either way it doesn't change the fact we never replaced Armstrong with a loan 

Considering that we were going to sign Maja on a loan to perm move says there was some money there considering his wages demands, loan fee and others. 

So there is some money there, maybe a million to 1.5 million in my opinion

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1