BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (a) - 11/12/21

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Completely confused by this, your protest is to line the Venkys pockets with more money than the average supporter? Huh?

1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

What point is it that you're making? 

They ring me a couple of times a year asking why I haven’t bought a season ticket. It’s the only way to give them feedback. 

25 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

What does this mean? Do you really attend the matches or it’s the story you spin to the the club?

It means what it says, I thought it was clear but I will try again. 

I really, regularly, attend matches. I buy tickets on a game by game basis. Over the course of a season - mostly because of Waggott’s surreal pricing structure - this is more expensive. However, as a lapsed season ticket holder, the club ring you and ask if you’re interested in a season ticket - or, as they are recently - a half season ticket. I use this opportunity to give feedback to the club, which I ask to be fed back up to senior management. They always tell me it will be, but I’ve no idea if it is. There’s other reasons eg I think average ST sales tells a story, whereas nobody ever talks about average match day ticket sales.

This might sound insane to you. I can accept that. But I spent many years refusing to go to Ewood and did away games only, which I hated. I feel happier doing it this way. 

• Like 3

I'm surprised and glad by the win and watching the highlights, big credit to Aynsley Pears, who has come in for a lot of criticism but pulled off some important saves. Kaminski, obviously, comes back in but it would be good to see what Pears' level is and whether he has the potential to one day succeed Kaminski. He needs games but they're going to be hard to come by.

As others have mentioned, it was notable how aggressive and hardworking the team is now. Defenders seem to be snapping into challenges and the forwards are tracking back to protect the wing backs. It's just a shame that this has been lacking so much for so long.

I'm somewhat confused by the role of Buckley in the team today and would be glad for clarification from anyone who saw the game. From what I can tell, he was playing a No.10 role - which might be called a false 9, as there was no central striker but Brereton and Khadra wide forwards. He seemed to be dropping into midfield to try to win the ball, in a a flexible 5-2-3 and perhaps, 5-5-0 without the ball...?

This formation, if it is what we were playing, is a new one to me. I can't think of seeing another team play with five at the back, a number 10 and two wide forwards, with no central striker (though the wide forwards move in-field to occupy central positions). It's more secure than playing 4-3-3 but, nonetheless, it is a high risk formation, leaving two in the centre of midfield.

And, Gallagher made his return, as a sub for Khadra. Dare I ask - did he play right wide forward? I think today would've been a chance to bring on Clarkson, to take on the attacking midfield role. Instead, it seemed to go to Johnson. It seems unfair on other players, like Butterworth, if Clarkson's going to occupy a sub position but not trusted to get on the pitch.

Edited by riverholmes

A big part of me knows I shouldn't keep this going, but.....

There was one comment saying that if this run of form, consistency, and potential euphoria doesn't tempt fans back, then nothing will.

I know that this obviously feels like an attack to those amongst us that see the increase in home attendances as another nail in the coffin of our hopes of seeing off the Venky's, but most of us can see that if the Venky's sell up or pull out, we are likely to end up like Bury, Bolton, Wigan, and some bigger clubs who now languish in the lower leagues or even further down the pyramid, and so find it difficult or impossible to remain at home when they can see what a boost to our promotion hopes a large, passionate, loud, supportive crowd is.

My position is that I respect the decision of a small number of true Rovers fans to vote with their feet and refuse to attend until we have a change of ownership, but I also respect the rights of other true Rovers fans to suggest that it would be better if all fans returned. 

I don't see that as a direct attack,  and don't think the defensive reaction, directly, personally criticising the poster was constructive, and I don't agree that the original comment was an example of 'trolling', again a direct, personal criticism. 

Forgive me if this is part of a long-running personal battle between board members, but I think we need be better at ignoring non-abusive posts, and posters, and not biting at the 1st opportunity. It is this that dampened the joy and celebration for most of us, not the original post.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Spartakfenni said:

I don’t know how you make that connection. They’ve been naïve and taken advise from individuals that had their own agenda. The result is relegation and the ‘little birds’ have flown the the nest to the iron islands

If you believe that you'll believe anything. Stop making excuses.

• Like 1

Delighted with the win. I no longer attend Ewood, not because I'm boycotting per se, but because I got driven out by poor decisions by the club and a lack of consultation or at least explanation. I've drifted into doing other things at weekends and doubt I'd ever buy a season ticket again as it wouldn't represent value for money, but I expect I'll get to some matches before the end of the season. Still care enough to be checking result whilst wandering round Delamere Forest Christmas lights

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, riverholmes said:

I'm surprised and glad by the win and watching the highlights, big credit to Aynsley Pears, who has come in for a lot of criticism but pulled off some important saves. Kaminski, obviously, comes back in but it would be good to see what Pears' level is and whether he has the potential to one day succeed Kaminski. He needs games but they're going to be hard to come by.

As others have mentioned, it was notable how aggressive and hardworking the team is now. Defenders seem to be snapping into challenges and the forwards are tracking back to protect the wing backs. It's just a shame that this has been lacking so much for so long.

I'm somewhat confused by the role of Buckley in the team today and would be glad for clarification from anyone who saw the game. From what I can tell, he was playing a No.10 role - which might be called a false 9, as there was no central striker but Brereton and Khadra wide forwards. He seemed to be dropping into midfield to try to win the ball, in a a flexible 5-2-3 and perhaps, 5-5-0 without the ball...?

This formation, if it is what we were playing, is a new one to me. I can't think of seeing another team play with five at the back, a number 10 and two wide forwards, with no central striker (though the wide forwards move in-field to occupy central positions). It's more secure than playing 4-3-3 but, nonetheless, it is a high risk formation, leaving two in the centre of midfield.

And, Gallagher made his return, as a sub for Khadra. Dare I ask - did he play right wide forward? I think today would've been a chance to bring on Clarkson, to take on the attacking midfield role. Instead, it seemed to go to Johnson. It seems unfair on other players, like Butterworth, if Clarkson's going to occupy a sub position but not trusted to get on the pitch.

We played 352 until we took the lead after which the 2 dropped wide  leaving bucko as the main man in the middle to press 

5 hours ago, garnersfags said:

A big part of me knows I shouldn't keep this going, but.....

There was one comment saying that if this run of form, consistency, and potential euphoria doesn't tempt fans back, then nothing will.

I know that this obviously feels like an attack to those amongst us that see the increase in home attendances as another nail in the coffin of our hopes of seeing off the Venky's, but most of us can see that if the Venky's sell up or pull out, we are likely to end up like Bury, Bolton, Wigan, and some bigger clubs who now languish in the lower leagues or even further down the pyramid, and so find it difficult or impossible to remain at home when they can see what a boost to our promotion hopes a large, passionate, loud, supportive crowd is.

My position is that I respect the decision of a small number of true Rovers fans to vote with their feet and refuse to attend until we have a change of ownership, but I also respect the rights of other true Rovers fans to suggest that it would be better if all fans returned. 

I don't see that as a direct attack,  and don't think the defensive reaction, directly, personally criticising the poster was constructive, and I don't agree that the original comment was an example of 'trolling', again a direct, personal criticism. 

Forgive me if this is part of a long-running personal battle between board members, but I think we need be better at ignoring non-abusive posts, and posters, and not biting at the 1st opportunity. It is this that dampened the joy and celebration for most of us, not the original post.

So its responding to a post obviously intended to wind up a section of the fanbase, and not the post itself that is the problem?

Maybe I shouldnt have bit, and I do let a lot of them go, but I would suggest people not posting stuff that is obviously intended as an attack on a section of the fanbase is the less constructive of the two. 

Perhaps if he worded it better to say something like "hopefully this will go some way to convincing boycotters to return" it would not get a reaction. His words were suggesting that if boycotters do not come back after a good run of results - nothing will bring them back. This suggests that boycotters are boycotting simply because of results - totally wrong.

And of course, he does what they all do. Throws a grenade into a happy thread and then trundles off. He knows what he was doing.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

So its responding to a post obviously intended to wind up a section of the fanbase, and not the post itself that is the problem?

Maybe I shouldnt have bit, and I do let a lot of them go, but I would suggest people not posting stuff that is obviously intended as an attack on a section of the fanbase is the less constructive of the two. 

Perhaps if he worded it better to say something like "hopefully this will go some way to convincing boycotters to return" it would not get a reaction. His words were suggesting that if boycotters do not come back after a good run of results - nothing will. This suggests that boycotters are boycotting simply because of results - totally wrong.

A few good results in the second division will not bring back the thousands of fans that walked away in total disgust.

The only thing that would possibly tempt them back is:

1. Venkys sell up, piss off and never be seen again. (pretty obvious really)

2. We are sitting fourth in the league a bit closer to the end of the season. That's the Premier League by the way. Also the disgraceful state of Ewood is sorted out, the training ground is back on the books as an asset of BRFC and the club is being run well by people of the John Williams, Tom Finn calibre and all the great things they used to do for the fans are back in place (cheap tickets, free coach travel to big away days like the League Cup semi against Wednesday etc..)

I think a lot of the people who are giving shit to the people boycotting must be young and missed out on all of that.

Edited by Upside Down

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

Delighted with the win. I no longer attend Ewood, not because I'm boycotting per se, but because I got driven out by poor decisions by the club and a lack of consultation or at least explanation. I've drifted into doing other things at weekends and doubt I'd ever buy a season ticket again as it wouldn't represent value for money, but I expect I'll get to some matches before the end of the season. Still care enough to be checking result whilst wandering round Delamere Forest Christmas lights

The fact that people post on here, suggests that each and every one, care about the club. To some, it may not be important, but what an ideal opportunity, now for the owners to come out and explain, what their plans are for the club.

Not only that, but even some sort of an apology, or even an explanation, about how there were hoodwinked and advised by people, who were not looking after the best interests of the club.

We are riding as high as we have been right now, since relegation and if they are prepared to search for some harmony and togetherness, from the fan base, perhaps, they will never get a better opportunity.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

I haven't posted on here for a few weeks due to personal circumstances after my mum passed away but I have seen all the games live and what I would say first and foremost is that the last few games have been similar to watching Rovers under Mark Hughes. We have been defending properly with blocks, by winning tackles and headers but we also have some creativity and guile. Hughes got the balance right for me and I'm seeing signs of this with the current crop. In the last few games I have found it difficult to actually pick an outstanding player as the sun of all the parts has been key. Who knows where this will end up but I'm enjoying the ride at the moment. However my bottom six prediction is looking dodgy I am delighted to say.

Sorry to hear about your losing your mum, which is a hard thing to come to terms with for most. I hope you and your family have had a chance to reconcile your loss, and that you are starting to heal. I hope her passing was peaceful and that your memories are strong and fulfilling.

Great point about the qualities of Hughesey's set up and the current crop. You can usually tell when a group of players is doing it for each other, and where there is mutual trust and confidence in the job each one does for the team. I think you are right that there is something qualitatively different about this squad, and their recent cohesion on the pitch, and it does look like something has 'clicked' on field and behind the scenes. I too had grave reservations about our prospects for this season, and likewise I am both delighted and somewhat bemused by our tremendous recent charge towards the top end. I hope, as I always do, that we can do something with the next game, and the next, and then each one after that to the end of the season. There is a wonderful resonance that builds up around a winning team, which I've had the pleasure of experiencing in the old third division, during our initial promotion into the Premier League and at various times during our long tenure at that level (especially when a certain striker now turned MoTD pundit was guaranteed to score every week!). This current form might be a flash in the pan, but it does feel SOOOOOOOO GOOOOD!

Anyway, Merry Christmas to one and all - I'll see you on the RIverside on Saturday 😉

COYB!

• Like 9

Just another quick thought too, how about a promise of reduced price season tickets for next season, if we do make the premier league. Any full season ticket holders get 50% off, half season ticket holders and casual supporters with a history of buying tickets to ten games, get a 25% discount?

Strike now, whist the iron is hot. 

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

I haven't posted on here for a few weeks due to personal circumstances after my mum passed away but I have seen all the games live and what I would say first and foremost is that the last few games have been similar to watching Rovers under Mark Hughes. We have been defending properly with blocks, by winning tackles and headers but we also have some creativity and guile. Hughes got the balance right for me and I'm seeing signs of this with the current crop. In the last few games I have found it difficult to actually pick an outstanding player as the sun of all the parts has been key. Who knows where this will end up but I'm enjoying the ride at the moment. However my bottom six prediction is looking dodgy I am delighted to say.

Very sorry to hear about your loss. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

Condolences on the loss of your Mother. It’s a horrible thing to go through.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Sorry to hear about your losing your mum, which is a hard thing to come to terms with for most. I hope you and your family have had a chance to reconcile your loss, and that you are starting to heal. I hope her passing was peaceful and that your memories are strong and fulfilling.

Great point about the qualities of Hughesey's set up and the current crop. You can usually tell when a group of players is doing it for each other, and where there is mutual trust and confidence in the job each one does for the team. I think you are right that there is something qualitatively different about this squad, and their recent cohesion on the pitch, and it does look like something has 'clicked' on field and behind the scenes. I too had grave reservations about our prospects for this season, and likewise I am both delighted and somewhat bemused by our tremendous recent charge towards the top end. I hope, as I always do, that we can do something with the next game, and the next, and then each one after that to the end of the season. There is a wonderful resonance that builds up around a winning team, which I've had the pleasure of experiencing in the old third division, during our initial promotion into the Premier League and at various times during our long tenure at that level (especially when a certain striker now turned MoTD pundit was guaranteed to score every week!). This current form might be a flash in the pan, but it does feel SOOOOOOOO GOOOOD!

Anyway, Merry Christmas to one and all - I'll see you on the RIverside on Saturday 😉

COYB!

It's great to see the team all celebrating as one when they score. Van Hecke went mental when he scored and ran over to celebrate with the fans. That's what it is all about for me. I think the way we are playing at the moment is great. We should be eying up an automatic promotion spot instead of pissing around with the playoffs. I've had enough health problems of recent, I don't need a heart attack to go with it. Especially with being on the other side of the world it's very hard to follow the games.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

It's great to see the team all celebrating as one when they score. Van Hecke went mental when he scored and ran over to celebrate with the fans. That's what it is all about for me. I think the way we are playing at the moment is great. We should be eying up an automatic promotion spot instead of pissing around with the playoffs. I've had enough health problems of recent, I don't need a heart attack to go with it. Especially with being on the other side of the world it's very hard to follow the games.

Van Hecke’s dad had made the trip and was among the Rovers fans. I’d imagine he wanted to celebrate with him rather than any love for Rovers

Anyone else watched Quest recently for the football reviews?bloody hell, Colin mills has some beef with us. Couple of weeks ago he says.

”Dominic Solanke anybody?” When Diaz scores his 17th

This week he slags him off royally on national tv. 

“He’s scored more than he has his whole career(laughing)”

Also why the hell are we always last and only ever show us the goals? Even when we play 2nd place team.

• Like 1

I long gave up on Quest.

If you have Sky, you should be able to record the early hours highlights of each Championship game (or watch if you are just getting in!) on Sky Sports Football.

Repeated at 10 this morning by the looks of it…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I long gave up on Quest.

If you have Sky, you should be able to record the early hours highlights of each Championship game (or watch if you are just getting in!) on Sky Sports Football.

Repeated at 10 this morning by the looks of it…

Thanks I’ll bare that in mind. So do I just subscribe to sky football package only?