BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (a) - 11/12/21

23 minutes ago, J*B said:

In all seriousness, it takes some strong CEO work now. Get the tickets priced well. Flood the ground with anything to improve support, make home games hell for away teams. Commit what is needed to keep this side together. Spend what is needed to get them over the line. Roll the dice, have some belief. 

*checks prices for Huddersfield game* oh….🙁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBiz said:

Enjoying this stage of “the journey”

Yep so many wrong turns so give up and go down an unmarked street and suddenly you've found the football ground.

The signs are always there but some choose try to be clever and navigate their own way there just to say they could, rarely works.

Tony has seen the signs finally.

After some of the abject performances earlier in the season including a record 7-0 home defeat this excellent run is hard to take in.  Long may it continue! A long, long way to go and I hope we haven’t peaked too early but a playoff place looks a distinct possibility 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Deff.

That’s a shame, most people I know have already left because they felt like Waggott and Pasha didn’t offer them any support. They might have stayed with change on the horizon. 

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

After some of the abject performances earlier in the season including a record 7-0 home defeat this excellent run is hard to take in.  Long may it continue! A long, long way to go and I hope we haven’t peaked too early but a playoff place looks a distinct possibility 

Well, at least we can safely say it would have to be one hell of a sh!t show for us to get relegated from here...

Football is all about confidence, commitment and a little bit of luck. I think we had all three in spades today, and long may the lucky streak continue.

Just take a moment to highlight the importance of gallagher brilliant block at the back post to keep it 1-0, they score there and it’s a completely different story. 
shows this is a massive team effort, folk coming off the bench and putting their bodies on the line, first time Iv felt like that with a mowbray team. Got a good squad at the moment and long may it continue 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, FortressEwood said:

No need for the sanctimonious reply. He makes a very valid point in a polite way. Boycotters are hurting the club, you can't deny that.

Right now would be a great time to come back.

Starting with our owners who have been boycotting this club (their baby) for a few years now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FortressEwood said:

No need for the sanctimonious reply. He makes a very valid point in a polite way. Boycotters are hurting the club, you can't deny that.

Polite?, he comes on after a win - as they usually do, to lambast those that dont attend. Apparently, if that win was not enough to bring boycotters back, nothing will. 

I have supported the club for 45 years, not 10.

If he wants more supporters to return, does he think pointing at the boycotters and diversifying the supporter base, is the best way to do it?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, TheKitGuy said:

I still maintain we would do alright in the premier league, there's just absolutely no space in a championship game compared to a premier league game 

We absolutely won't do ok in PL with this squad, but if we recruit as well as we hav done over last few seasons, we may survive.

The fact that we are having this conversation means something is going right, and we just need to enjoy it , whilst understanding that TMs defensive instincts will lead to a bad run at some point.

Please, please, please buy a ticket for the Birmingham game, we can all genuinely make a difference now. Its a difficult time financially but see it as an Xmas present to yourself. 

We CAN be the 12th man. 

COYB

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FortressEwood said:

I dont tell people to stop going after our record losing streak last season - so please dont try and tell me to come back. I visit these boards daily, i love this club - im also stubborn. These owners have destroyed my club. 

And now, you've destroyed a happy thread - well done.

• Like 2

Dare I say it, but that was the performance of a promotion winning team. We knew when to attack, when to sit back, when to try and nick the ball, when to hold off and get the second ball instead, etc etc. It was perfect. The team has matured, we've found a formation that works for us, and have a fine striker in Breo.

Keep our best players fit and we have a chance. Pick up injuries then results will become patchy again. Jan transfer window is crucial too. 

We're doing amazingly well and I have cautious optimism, but I know there are a lot of things that need to go our way to sustain the promotion push. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Polite?, he comes on after a win - as they usually do, to lambast those that dont attend. Apparently, if that win was not enough to bring boycotters back, nothing will. 

I have supported the club for 45 years, not 10.

If he wants more supporters to return, does he think pointing at the boycotters and diversifying the supporter base, is the best way to do it?

This is a really good debate,  and I appreciate both sides. 

However, I can see for the 1st time that extra support can propel us to greater heights on the pitch, whilst not necessarily benefiting the clueless owners (yes, I can see the counter-arguement).

I can't see why we would risk the outside chance if a promotion, and the opportunity for the muppets to finally invest in the way they always promised, albeit with more realistic advice and ambition. 

We will then know whether a total, semi-permanent boycott is the way to go.

I know this is a divisive argument, but we won't get this chance again in the foreseeable future, and the Preston game showed how the players benefit from vocal support.

A dilemma, but I'm gonna continue to support this group of telanted youngsters. 

COYB.  

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How many times in the recent past have we seen teams come to Ewood and basically just want it more ? They ran further, worked harder, looked more organised and enthusiastic and had a better shape. We had the skill but not the application. It’s great to see the shoe on the other foot at long last. That’s what we had this afternoon and long may it continue. All I ever ask of a Rovers team is that they don’t leave anything out on the pitch. Just give 100%. That’s what these lads are doing.

I'l maintain till i'm blue in the face that getting rid of the egos of a lot of those seniors who'd been on the payroll far too long is making a massive difference this season.

Young hungry players who want it and want to achieve things AND better contracts rather than a load just turning up for wage. Energy and miles in the legs rather than pacing them and a manager who now doesn't seem more interested in involving them all and is actually after points every game.

Points win prizes....and contracts.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Dare I say it, but that was the performance of a promotion winning team. We knew when to attack, when to sit back, when to try and nick the ball, when to hold off and get the second ball instead, etc etc. It was perfect. The team has matured, we've found a formation that works for us, and have a fine striker in Breo.

Keep our best players fit and we have a chance. Pick up injuries then results will become patchy again. Jan transfer window is crucial too. 

We're doing amazingly well and I have cautious optimism, but I know there are a lot of things that need to go our way to sustain the promotion push. 

Don't think we have enough to go up automatically. We'd need this run to last till Feb for that to be realistic.   I'd snap your hand off for 6th.  Anything is possible in the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I dont tell people to stop going after our record losing streak last season - so please dont try and tell me to come back. I visit these boards daily, i love this club - im also stubborn. These owners have destroyed my club. 

And now, you've destroyed a happy thread - well done.

100%. You and me both. I feel you brother.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

This is a really good debate,  and I appreciate both sides. 

However, I can see for the 1st time that extra support can, for the 1st time, propel us to greater heights on the pitch, whilst not necessarily benefiting the clueless owners (yes, I can see the counter-arguement).

I can't see why we would risk the outside chance if a promotion, and the opportunity for the muppets to finally invest in the way they always promised, albeit with more realistic advice and ambition. 

We will then know whether a total, semi-permanent boycott is the way to go.

I know this is a devisive argument, but we won't get this chance again in the foreseeable future, and the Preston game showed how the players benefit from vocal support.

A dilemma, but I'm gonna continue to support this young group of telanted youngsters. 

COYB.  

They've had 11 years to invest. The only thing I can see them doing is stripping as much money out of the club as they can if we go up.

1 minute ago, Spartakfenni said:

Looking at your profile you’re boycotting, so apart from your desire to get rid of the Venkeys what will get you back actually supporting the team.

I refuse to buy a season ticket and instead spend more money buying individual match day tickets for both home and away games. I appreciate it makes absolutely no sense but I feel like I’m making a point and will continue to do so until I see a proper operator running the club. 

• Like 3