BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (a) - 11/12/21

30 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

Who cares noot ma, I’m harooy with ma spealing.

Next week will say a lot about us, typical Rovers would lose against big club with interrst really building we'd blow it.  Hull look to be on the up too.  If we beat brum it will stregthen my belief ee might be on to summat with this group.  Hope the injuries clear up ok.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, arbitro said:

I haven't posted on here for a few weeks due to personal circumstances after my mum passed away but I have seen all the games live and what I would say first and foremost is that the last few games have been similar to watching Rovers under Mark Hughes. We have been defending properly with blocks, by winning tackles and headers but we also have some creativity and guile. Hughes got the balance right for me and I'm seeing signs of this with the current crop. In the last few games I have found it difficult to actually pick an outstanding player as the sun of all the parts has been key. Who knows where this will end up but I'm enjoying the ride at the moment. However my bottom six prediction is looking dodgy I am delighted to say.

Sorry to hear that pal, we may not know each other personally but I can relate and I hope you are holding up alright and that rovers form is giving you some joy at the most difficult of times. Keep your head up.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

What’s your problem pal, I started at the Star Paper Mill, I worked for Choride and other multinationals. Are you just trying to be argumentative? I do know my way around a Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss Account, and more importantly OFF Balance Sheet accounting. You know where you really can make 2+2= the number you want. What’s your 37 PhD’s in if it brown and smells like shit then you know what it is, chocolate fudge.

C74D8635-CAF8-41F5-B5E9-576E72078314.jpeg

13 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Completely agree on this. Very noticeable as well. In the past few seasons we would have been drawing or losing to late goals.

Makes me wonder exactly who has brought this into our game ? I approve.

I always remember that Man U used to relentlessly play to the whistle under Fergie. They scored so many late goals that way and won so many games from it. It was so obvious, yet no one else ever seemed to realise it. We were always the opposite, drop off in the last ten minutes and concede. Infuriating is the word I think.

Playing to the whistle and overall game management is so often lost on so many teams. If we can master that aspect of the game then I think we can really give people a good hiding.

16 hours ago, JacknOry said:

We need Kaminski back - Pears has done better than expected but thats mostly down to our superb defence. HGe is sometime slow to release the ball. 

Wharton is the real deal, its amazing to think that we have barely missed ayala

The saves he has made are down to him NOT the defence, he deserves every credit he has been given

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

The saves he has made are down to him NOT the defence, he deserves every credit he has been given

Yeh, but for Pears the outcome of the game could have been completely different. He looked confident and dominant on crosses too.  I'm not saying I don't want Kaminski back, but surely Pears has done himself no harm in his performances. 

What's happened to Stergiakis?  He came with quite a good reputation, Eastham was on the bench on Saturday I noticed ahead of him.

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

Pears has done what he was brought for, he has covered for our injured first choice keeper. He has rode his luck so far, which is just what you want. Lets get Kaminski back in the sticks and carry on with this incredible run.

So all of his saves have been out of luck!

10 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

So all of his saves have been out of luck!

Where have I said that ? There were a couple of times on Saturday when he miss read the ball, which then bounced to one of our players to clear. If the ball had bounced to one of their players they would have had tap ins. That is what I call riding your luck.

On 11/12/2021 at 23:14, arbitro said:

I haven't posted on here for a few weeks due to personal circumstances after my mum passed away but I have seen all the games live and what I would say first and foremost is that the last few games have been similar to watching Rovers under Mark Hughes. We have been defending properly with blocks, by winning tackles and headers but we also have some creativity and guile. Hughes got the balance right for me and I'm seeing signs of this with the current crop. In the last few games I have found it difficult to actually pick an outstanding player as the sun of all the parts has been key. Who knows where this will end up but I'm enjoying the ride at the moment. However my bottom six prediction is looking dodgy I am delighted to say.

Sorry to hear your sad news Tony. Take care mate.

• Like 1

Pears has played 5 (and the remainder of the Stoke game) matches for Rovers and kept 3 (and a bit) clean sheets. He may not look the most convincing, but he's got a decent record! 😄

Like everyone delighted with the result and enjoying the recent run. Long may it continue!

Still sticking to my 10 points from the festive period of games as being what I'd hoped for, so over halfway there. A huge January coming up!

49 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Pears has played 5 (and the remainder of the Stoke game) matches for Rovers and kept 3 (and a bit) clean sheets. He may not look the most convincing, but he's got a decent record! 😄

Like everyone delighted with the result and enjoying the recent run. Long may it continue!

Still sticking to my 10 points from the festive period of games as being what I'd hoped for, so over halfway there. A huge January coming up!

True Pears has a good record so far. I still think he is a good shot stopper, but is poor at crosses and doesn't command the box enough. At the moment he is the best understudy to Kaminsky that we have. Just my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Yeh, but for Pears the outcome of the game could have been completely different. He looked confident and dominant on crosses too.  I'm not saying I don't want Kaminski back, but surely Pears has done himself no harm in his performances. 

What's happened to Stergiakis?  He came with quite a good reputation, Eastham was on the bench on Saturday I noticed ahead of him.

He has an injury issue i think.

25 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Bloody hell, give the guy a chance. He's come in done great but still fans are picking bits, not fair, support gives confidence.

Who ?  The Greek lad ?  Must've missed that one as that's who i'm on about.

Look before you leap there's a good lad.

34 minutes ago, rigger said:

I think Steriakis must be injured, as he wasn't even on the bench for the U23s tonight.

Yes there was something mentioned the other week about him being injured but it didn't say what. Seems to have been out a while though.

14 hours ago, waynerovers said:

Probably a stupid question but can tickets for Saturday be bought at the box office on match day? A long time since I've been to Ewood and I'm gonna go to the game Saturday.

Think so, Wayne. I'd really recommend purchasing in advance though either online or on the blower as there have been some big queues at the box office when I've wandered past recently.

• Like 1