BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (a) - 11/12/21

1 minute ago, J*B said:

OK, one last time. 

The reason many people boycott isn’t to do with the success of the club, or the money spent by the owners, it’s to do with the lack of respect that the owners and their chosen senior management of the club have both purposely and accidentally shown the town and it’s people. Respect costs absolutely nothing. 

Here here

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

This is a really good debate,  and I appreciate both sides. 

However, I can see for the 1st time that extra support can, for the 1st time, propel us to greater heights on the pitch, whilst not necessarily benefiting the clueless owners (yes, I can see the counter-arguement).

I can't see why we would risk the outside chance if a promotion, and the opportunity for the muppets to finally invest in the way they always promised, albeit with more realistic advice and ambition. 

We will then know whether a total, semi-permanent boycott is the way to go.

I know this is a devisive argument, but we won't get this chance again in the foreseeable future, and the Preston game showed how the players benefit from vocal support.

A dilemma, but I'm gonna continue to support this young group of telanted youngsters. 

COYB.  

My point is, this is for another discussion on another thread. Can we not enjoy a win together without one side or the other trying to score points? We have just got ourselves probably the best result of the season, yet some want to cause division. 

I would say to the younguns that think we should just support through thick and thin -do a bit of research. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I dont tell people to stop going after our record losing streak last season - so please dont try and tell me to come back. I visit these boards daily, i love this club - im also stubborn. These owners have destroyed my club. 

And now, you've destroyed a happy thread - well done.

1st time on this thread. Was really enjoying it up until now. I guess there isn't a Rovers thread where there is no bickering eh. Oh well. Thought Pears, Van Hecke, Buckley and Rothwell stood out today. The whole team put a great shift in. 4points off 2nd and 6 off the top. What's not to like.

#TMBWA

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Polite?, he comes on after a win - as they usually do, to lambast those that dont attend. Apparently, if that win was not enough to bring boycotters back, nothing will. 

I have supported the club for 45 years, not 10.

If he wants more supporters to return, does he think pointing at the boycotters and diversifying the supporter base, is the best way to do it?

Who do think boycotting is helping?

36 minutes ago, J*B said:

I refuse to buy a season ticket and instead spend more money buying individual match day tickets for both home and away games. I appreciate it makes absolutely no sense but I feel like I’m making a point and will continue to do so until I see a proper operator running the club. 

You're right.  It makes no sense at all.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I dont tell people to stop going after our record losing streak last season - so please dont try and tell me to come back. I visit these boards daily, i love this club - im also stubborn. These owners have destroyed my club. 

And now, you've destroyed a happy thread - well done.

I've been a supporter for 48 years myself. I haven't destroyed a happy thread stop being melodramatic.

You weren't mentioned, the other guy just said it would be a good time for boycotters to have a rethink and hopefully come back, and I agree with him. This is the best chance we have had since we came down from the PL. Nothing wrong with mentioning that on any thread.

• Like 1

Back to a fantastic team performance. The two biggest things that struck me were just how well-drilled this team is - everyone knew their job and did it well - and how much more onfield communication there is: a player breaks ranks to close someone down and simultaneously points to someone else to fill their gap.

Also, the folly of opining on players’ capabilities after a handful of appearances was laid bare by our two best players being Pears and Pickering. I thought Pears had a better game than Kaminski has all season.

And Van Heck’s header plus celebration were worth the £10 alone, that guy gets pumped!

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

So we're still 4th but right now 2nd place is within our grasp. Forget the playoffs, that should be the objective. 

Feels doable to me. I don't think we are overly reliant on any particular player, solid defence, clean sheets, scoring goals.

Also got Dack to come back who should slot nicely into the false 9 role he can share with Buckley.

Theoretically we should be able to add to the squad in Jan from the Armstrong money.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I refuse to buy a season ticket and instead spend more money buying individual match day tickets for both home and away games. I appreciate it makes absolutely no sense but I feel like I’m making a point and will continue to do so until I see a proper operator running the club. 

Completely confused by this, your protest is to line the Venkys pockets with more money than the average supporter? Huh?

1 hour ago, J*B said:

What point is it that you're making? 

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

They've had 11 years to invest. The only thing I can see them doing is stripping as much money out of the club as they can if we go up.

What evidence do you have. None that I see in the published accounts.

22 minutes ago, 47er said:

I don't get this .Does anyone else? If you asked Rovers supporters "What does the club need most right now?" how many would reply "a new academy?"!!

What we need now is promotion, so, owners, concentrate on doing what we need to achieve that and then think about infrastructure after that. Multi-millions on a new academy but can't find a few thousand quid to keep the likes of Rothwell and Lenihan?

Illustrates to me that the owners have learned nothing at all in more than a decade.

Yet apparently this announcements will set our collective hearts afluttering!

Absolute load of bollocks. Just confirms how nuts they are.( If true of course.)

Effective business is gaining the most advantage from the resources available to you.

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Here here

Glad to see there is at least someone else. I'm knocking on a bit and only during 2021 did I find out that the expression should be " hear hear". Welcome to the club, Upside Down.

33 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

Effective business is gaining the most advantage from the resources available to you.

I'm sure that's true but how does that apply here? You'll be telling me next that the trawlers chase the fish or whatever!

Edited by 47er
  • Like 2