BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

2 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

It’s a fair comment but when we were embarrassed by your team we were simply out classed in every area. We fought though. Your team was simply too good - and far more expensively assembled than ours. But fight, you don’t have to be Maradona to have fight. It was the main thing that surprised me about the home game, total lack of blood, sweat and tears. A mate (Liverpool fan) messaged me at half time because he was watching and my comment to him was ‘they haven’t laid a glove on us’. If you have to lose at least go down swinging. I think the return fixture will be a chance for your squad to have a right go at us and try to put a few things right - and if they can’t win them at least let us know we were in a derby.

Couldn’t be more right. 

I expected a defeat, but I also expected a performance befitting the occasion. Our performance was embarrassing and shameful, and those feelings stem from a lack of effort and fight.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I am certain your guys will display more fight, at home. They will feel they have some wrongs to put right.

It’s a fair comment but when we were embarrassed by your team we were simply out classed in every area. We fought though. Your team was simply too good - and far more expensively assembled than ours. But fight, you don’t have to be Maradona to have fight. It was the main thing that surprised me about the home game, total lack of blood, sweat and tears. A mate (Liverpool fan) messaged me at half time because he was watching and my comment to him was ‘they haven’t laid a glove on us’. If you have to lose at least go down swinging. I think the return fixture will be a chance for your squad to have a right go at us and try to put a few things right - and if they can’t win them at least let us know we were in a derby.

Too many passengers and youngsters, not enough goals. We do have good players but as I've posted elsewhere, I'd only pick 8 players out of our current squad that I believe could make a fist of gaining promotion.

On the day we played Burnley, that was entirely different. Tomasson completely changed things up for some reason. Players on the wrong side, giving kids debuts, giving loanees debuts. It was all wrong.

When we folded against Preston I blamed the players.

A big portion of the blame has to go on recruitment. There's just not enough goals in the team. As I've previously mentioned I've seen a few of your games and you've looked ordinary, but you've got those players that can step up and nick a goal if you're having a bad night. We don't have that. It can't be good for morale if, every match, you look at your forward line and go... "If Brereton doesn't score a Worldy, it's going to be a tough game." Then if you go a goal down it's an even bigger uphill struggle.

Our (only) two centre forwards have scored 4 and 0 league goals which is pitiful. Hirst, the loanee from Leicester, was sent back and rightly so and not replaced.

Motivating a team with such limited firepower must be a tough ask.

The only bright spot recently has been the return to fitness and form of Dack, but the attacking players he had pre injury were far superior. Even at 37, and not a prolific striker by any means, I'd still pick a retired Danny Graham before Gallagher and Vale.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I'm even starting to sense pity from our swamp-dwelling friends. 

RIP BRFC

Not at all - I’m hoping we beat you so badly we create a chasm in your psyche so big you’ll never want to come within 100 clicks of any Burnley team (I’m paraphrasing from Avatar there 😬)

1 hour ago, booth said:

As I've previously mentioned I've seen a few of your games and you've looked ordinary, but you've got those players that can step up and nick a goal if you're having a bad night.

We have off days for sure but playing at our best we are anything but ordinary - though I appreciate we are ‘no Fulham or Bournemouth like last season’ (although we have 4 points more than Fulham had at this point last season and 12 more than Bournemouth 🤷‍♂️)

4 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not at all - I’m hoping we beat you so badly we create a chasm in your psyche so big you’ll never want to come within 100 clicks of any Burnley team (I’m paraphrasing from Avatar there 😬)

We have off days for sure but playing at our best we are anything but ordinary - though I appreciate we are ‘no Fulham or Bournemouth like last season’ (although we have 4 points more than Fulham had at this point last season and 12 more than Bournemouth 🤷‍♂️)

This season the division is piss poor. We were third a week ago,  that tells you how bad it is. That’s why I’m so annoyed we’ve blown another golden chance in the transfer window. Next season will be nye on impossible for us.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

We did that in 2001, we can attest, it doesn't work.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Couldn’t be more right. 

I expected a defeat, but I also expected a performance befitting the occasion. Our performance was embarrassing and shameful, and those feelings stem from a lack of effort and fight.

I'm fully expecting to see a fired up Rovers team  at the next renewal of the " Derby " ... I wouldn't bet against an early red card for Rovers as the players fly into tackles ... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What I’m pointing out is that having spent more money on players isn’t the be all and end all. What’s beating under the badge counts for a lot. Everton beat Arsenal on Saturday because somebody managed to instil some motivation, desire and self belief into a team that a week ago was on the ropes.

I mean Everton spent £35m on a CM in the summer - £78m in total just this season. They don't quite have the same talent issues we do.

On 05/02/2023 at 23:21, Oldgregg86 said:

I’m really really not looking forward to this game. First time I’ve said that in my life 

I'm probably going to give it a miss, to be honest.

Supporting Rovers for the past 12 years has been self-flagellation at the best of times. I don't need to watch 6k gleeful Burnley fans at Ewood Park.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I'm fully expecting to see a fired up Rovers team  at the next renewal of the " Derby " ... I wouldn't bet against an early red card for Rovers as the players fly into tackles ... 

We do have a couple who have a "fly" in their locker, JRC and Travis maybe Wharton.

I think a Buckley double petulance pretending he's a Billy big balls is more likely.

A fired up Rovers? That ain't happening.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I'm fully expecting the exact opposite.

The easiest win Burnley will ever be given.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Haven’t we scored more goals than anybody in the country too?

Ordinary.

7 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

You haven't seen us play then mate. One of the main criticisms is that we are too soft, not enough natural aggression. That was a real frustration at your place - we simply let you bully us and rolled over.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Yeah, it’ll be for bouncing the ball on an opponents head. Nearly as stupid as the Kevin Ball red card.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

9 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

It won't happen

Burnley's men against Rovers' little boys

• Like 2

21 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I wish I was that optimistic! I don’t think many of them have any fire in them.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mowbray didn’t like guys with a bit of fire in their bellies, he preferred son-in-law material.

You're right and this isn't a comparison between the two, but it has been an issue from day one under these owners.

The bald rat couldn't get rid of Nelsen, Salgado, Samba, Roberts etc quick enough.

Strong characters and leaders who see through the bullshit scare managers at Venky owned Rovers. Characters and Easy Street don't mix. They scare the hierarchy too, hence the stream of yes men that have been a constant feature throughout.

• Like 2