BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Apologies for the link to this absolute rag, but here goes…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12003345/amp/Burnley-investigation-EFL-potential-match-fixing-draw-Reading.html

They’ve definitely been playing a weakened side. Points deduction or fine won’t make a blind bit of difference unless it’s an enormously disproportionate one that stops them getting promoted… be much better to ban their entire squad for their next game! A cynic might think they were deliberately dropping points so they could win the league at Ewood. 

I obviously would love to see them fined, but what’s the point of having a 25 man squad if you can’t use it? Reading are shite and Burnley’s reserves should have more than enough to put them away in fairness.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

It had crossed my mind that Burnley had engineered this situation were they win the league at Ewood.Reading some Burnley forums and they wont be presented with the Trophy if they do win.

Apparently Alan Pace their Chairman wont be attending...is it some sort of protest Longsiders?

Not that I know of - but of course it is possible. We’ve got a big screen at the fan zone so he’s maybe preferring to be there as he is pre most home games 🤷‍♂️

Definitely not engineered though, absolutely no guarantee we win Tuesday so I’m sure the teams we put out were expected to win - and yesterday was as strong as we could put out. First half we had 87% possession, 16 shots and 9 corners so no doubt at all we tried everything to win but we spurned great scoring chances and their goal led a charmed life. Tuesday will be a nervous time for us both, expecting a tight, close game personally.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Fuck me, pot and kettle. That twat Wagner and Huddersfield got us relegated when they made 10 changes against Big club, having already secured their play off spot.

I must disagree with the bit in bold, that absolves any of the wankers involved at our end of any blame. Hudds may not have aided our predicament but they were under no obligation to do so. If you can't amass enough points after 46 games to stay up then the only ones to blame are those staring back at you in the mirror IMO.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, GHR said:

I must disagree with the bit in bold, that absolves any of the wankers involved at our end of any blame. Hudds may not have aided our predicament but they were under no obligation to do so. If you can't amass enough points after 46 games to stay up then the only ones to blame are those staring back at you in the mirror IMO.

Fair point, it didn’t help.

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m sure you’ve said that about every game…

I probably have because it’s what I expect.  The last game for me felt more the exception than the rule. Tuesday it’s a Burnley team trying to seal the Championship in enemy territory against a Rovers team scrapping tooth and nail to extend their season and get a shot at the play offs. If I’m wrong to expect a tight game fair enough but whilst I recognise we are an excellent side at this level you aren’t half bad yourselves when you click based on some of the games I’ve seen - most notably Leicester in the Cup and 80 minutes against Sheff Utd in the cup. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Pears

JRC     Carter     Hyam    Pickering

Travis   Wharton  Garrett

Szmodics   Dack   Brereton

Kaminski, Ayala, Hedges, Dolan, Thomas, Phillips, Leonard 

Morton was one of our better players yesterday in a 3, no way does he deserve dropping from the squad.

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Morton was one of our better players yesterday in a 3, no way does he deserve dropping from the squad.

He did ok for the most part yesterday, but I don’t think he has the stomach for this fixture and I wouldn’t want him playing any part in the game. He’s put in plenty of substandard performances and kept his place, so I’m well aware it won’t happen.

If its fines and point deductions for fielding a weakend squad we're absolutely fucked for all the times we started Hirst and Vale. 

I'm with K-Hod - you have a 25 man squad you should be free to use them as you please. If they started the whole u18 squad then I could  understand but they didn't 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

If its fines and point deductions for fielding a weakend squad we're absolutely fucked for all the times we started Hirst and Vale. 

I'm with K-Hod - you have a 25 man squad you should be free to use them as you please. If they started the whole u18 squad then I could  understand but they didn't 

As you'd expect. Much ado about nothing. No investigation. We've been asked for our observations after Huddersfield complained. This is (apparently) a standard process. This is from the BBC article on the matter (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65364537)

The regulations also state that "from the fourth Thursday in March, any team sheet for a league game should include at least 10 outfield players who featured on the team sheet for the league game before".

The team sheet includes substitutes and Burnley had 14 players on the team sheet who had also been in the matchday squad of 18 for the previous game, a 2-0 victory over Sheffield United.

Nixon been using this as massive clickbait on Twitter, talking "match-fixing"

• Like 2

The whole thing is just nonsense, as Longsiders said above it's just clickbait from Nixon.

The squad looked pretty strong to me, and Huddersfield have some gall complaining given their surrender a few years ago which contributed to our relegation. By all accounts, Burnley should have won the game judging from the stats.

After Huddersfield's time-wasting and general play-acting vs us, I'd shed no tears if they went down. They've also benefited from points deductions to Wigan and Reading, so they've hardly had it too bad!

• Like 3

Well the best team in the league are champions, thoroughly well deserved too.

I hope Kompany stays as it will be interesting to see how he fares against a dozen or so PL teams that aren't very good at all, decidedly average.

As ever money talks in football and, at the moment the Dingles have the upper hand, it won't always be like that, our day will come round again.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

can debate all we want but easily the best team in the league won bought the league.

At least Bonlah will never every be able to produce one of their own as good as Adam Wharton or David Dunn. We may have stupid owners (fort now), but Rovers have class. Now piss off back to your clay hut.

Absolutely spot on.

8 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Championes championes etc

can debate all we want but easily the best team in the league won the league.

Enjoy it while you can. I’m still hoping Pace pockets the cash and Kompany leaves for a team like Crystal Palace - and fails 👍🙂

• Like 1

I know Burnley are already promoted and such, but if last night is how they're going to play in the Premier League, they'll be back very quickly.

Still heavily reliant on playing into and off Barnes, felt Taylor and Maatsen rode their luck at times and Vitinho/Zaroury were very quiet.

Thinking back to some of the teams we've seen over the last decade of Championship years at Ewood.

Sheffield United under Wilder, Derby County, Huddersfield (the year they went up) and of course Fulham last season who were electric and dominating even at 11 v 11.

It'll be interesting to see how they go.

Oh to have the luxury of £20m+ worth of talent who didn't even appear! Tella, Twine, Foster, Obafemi etc.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

I know Burnley are already promoted and such, but if last night is how they're going to play in the Premier League, they'll be back very quickly.

Still heavily reliant on playing into and off Barnes, felt Taylor and Maatsen rode their luck at times and Vitinho/Zaroury were very quiet.

Thinking back to some of the teams we've seen over the last decade of Championship years at Ewood.

Sheffield United under Wilder, Derby County, Huddersfield (the year they went up) and of course Fulham last season who were electric and dominating even at 11 v 11.

It'll be interesting to see how they go.

Oh to have the luxury of £20m+ worth of talent who didn't even appear! Tella, Twine, Foster, Obafemi etc.

We have - Gallagher - £5M , Buckley. - the £10M man according to some, Morton - must be worth £5M to Liverpool.

• Like 2

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We have - Gallagher - £5M , Buckley. - the £10M man according to some, Morton - must be worth £5M to Liverpool.

Could argue Brereton didn't show up either, so might as well add £7m to that.

• Like 5

Very many clubs have tried to buy promotion to the PL, not all have succeeded.

Burnley appointed the right manager and they spent wisely.

Perhaps if our owners were interested they would have insisted they funded a decent striker at some stage this season?

• Like 4