BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheffield Utd (a) - 23/2/22 - Match Preview

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

You predicted a 0-4 Rovers loss on this very thread, you should be ecstatic at a 0-1 loss.. 

Rovers played very well, the best in  along time. We should have won

You comments supporting Gallagher were embarrassing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Darrenbot said:

I wish i was there tonight,watching it on SKY isn't the same as being able to tell the Sheff Utd players they're Dirty Bastards where they can hear me rather than shouting it at the TV 😀

Great point and the stewards didn’t give a toss tonight, that wasn’t the case at Sheff Utd in years gone by.

8 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

This.

I've not seen a single post saying how well we played tonight. 

We survived a difficult first 5 minutes, then progressively grew into the game with our slick passing, good pressing, and individual/collective skill.

They were so frustrated, they totally lost any professionalism, and should have had at least one more red card. But still we dominated.

The penalty decision was our downfall, ironically, as it proved we have ZERO COMPOSURE when it really matters. Only in the schoolyard do you let the boy who wins the pen actually take it. Where were the senior players putting Khadra in his box, and giving the ball to our chosen penalty taker? NO COMPOSURE when it matters. 

But still we retained the ball, and created chances. Khadra played well. I really think he is considerably better than Dolan, who people have been clamouring for. I'm worried TM isn't working with him to improve his final ball, or desperation to score at every half opportunity. 

The withdrawal of Nyambe cost us the game, I would have taken 'anyone' else off. We didn't need to sacrifice our defensive solidity to freshen the attack up. Dolan was a little boy lost, in a man's game. 

The fact remains that we played well for 80 minutes, created a number of good chances, and should have won the game. TM will always play his love child Sammy, but we need to learn to by-pass him in attack, and leave him to defend corners....

How Buckley gets more criticism than Gally is beyond me. If you watch that game back, Buckley gets 90% of things right, and Gally gets 90% of things wrong.

Before the penalty miss, I thought tonight was looking like the turning point in our bad run, and if we continue where we left off, on Saturday, I genuinely believe it will be.

At 5pm tonight I was worried, but now I'm optimistic.

Lots of pressure on Saturday, tho.

COYB!!!!

Congratulations mate, the best ‘glass half full’ post I think I’ve ever seen 🍻

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XLM said:

You're perfectly entitled to that opinion obviously. I just don't think the logic is sound. If you don't think he will get us promoted or we will be relegated without him, then we surely might as well take a free swing.

It won't happen, so it's not important. I just see this kind of thing said all over the place and I can't work it out. Normally as part of a "balance the books", "get behind the lads", "steady the ship" type comment.

I have no faith either. At any level. But I wouldn't be so sure about the mutual parting of ways. I can't help but feel we've got another few years of this yet.

We have a chance, I dont think we will make the play offs personally but I think our chances would decrease further with the disruption of removing the manager who has done brillliantly to get us to 5th at this insane point in the season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, den said:

Part of me is angry that it wasn’t addressed, part of me is just sad.

Great post, Den. The worst part of it all is that we won’t get an opportunity like this again under this lot. All our better players are leaving and the owners aren’t investing in decent replacements. It all points in one direction after this season unfortunately.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Didnt deserve to lose, before they went down to 10 men we were on top, but the result is all that matters right now. Another defeat, another game without a goal, and unless we find a plan B, a season that's going to peter out very quickly.

Waggott and Mowbray are fully responsible for not signing a striker when the sold Armstrong.

No one could of really predicted that Brereton would suddenly become prolific despite the bets on him. However it was obvious with international committments, possible suspensions or injury to him, that we did not have someone to carry the mantel in his absence.

Gallagher although one of his better games, never looked like scoring and i really do not know the answer with the players we have available. We cant magic the striker that we didnt sign. Markanday cannot be pointed at as that striker as he had no first team experience and is injured.

The whole team needs to chip in with goals, but the likes of Rothwell, Travis and Buckley are never going to be prolific.

2 goals since Xmas is just poor, and we dont look like scoring. I don't see how we salavage the season with our current options.

Very disappointed tonight

• Like 6

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

We have a chance, I dont think we will make the play offs personally but I think our chances would decrease further with the disruption of removing the manager who has done brillliantly to get us to 5th at this insane point in the season.

We were second, now you think we'll drop out of the top 6 but we should keep the manager anyway! Madness!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Rovers played very well, the best in  along time. We should have won

You comments supporting Gallagher were embarrassing. 

You predicted a 0-4 Rovers loss, I support all players that pull on the Blue n White.

Now who should be embarrassed? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 47er said:

You've lost me here I'm afraid.

I worded it poorly but the impact of Hedges will, for me, greatly affect Mowbray's reputation in the transfer market and, even, as a manager. It was not just any signing but, in the event of Markanday's unfortunate injury, the major January signing for our historic promotion push.

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

The problem is nowadays they’re not educated right at an early age. It’s all mid-table nothingness or lower league success. By the time I was leaving school I’d gone through 3 play off defeats and the Atkins OG to prepare me for realities of football.

i was devasted after the palace game😰p****d off but not distraught at atkins og,i never got  mad at mackay because if we  lost you knew the week after,you`de get a reaction and possibly a better performance,if things wer`nt right there would be changes in personel,he very rarely changed formation as everyone knew their job inside out,complete contrast from mowbray,nobody knows their job because they are all out of position and out of their comfort zone,i honestly think if mowbray was given 100 million quid he still would`nt get us promoted

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Didnt deserve to lose, before they went down to 10 men we were on top, but the result is all that matters right now. Another defeat, another game without a goal, and unless we find a plan B, a season that's going to peter out very quickly.

Waggott and Mowbray are fully responsible for not signing a striker when the sold Armstrong.

No one could of really predicted that Brereton would suddenly become prolific despite the bets on him. However it was obvious with international committments, possible suspensions or injury to him, that we did not have someone to carry the mantel in his absence.

Gallagher although one of his better games, never looked like scoring and i really do not know the answer with the players we have available. We cant magic the striker that we didnt sign. Markanday cannot be pointed at as that striker as he had no first team experience and is injured.

The whole team needs to chip in with goals, but the likes of Rothwell, Travis and Buckley are never going to be prolific.

2 goals since Xmas is just poor, and we dont look like scoring. I don't see how we salavage the season with our current options.

Agree

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Great post, Den. The worst part of it all is that we won’t get this chance again under this lot. All our better players are leaving, the owners aren’t investing in decent players. It all points in one direction after this season unfortunately.

If anyone watched the cake presentation  this week, Mowbrays words were very telling...it was more the end than the beginning....attitude is everything and he's thrown the towel in

6 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Next game I'd go for 

Kaminski

Nyambe 

Van heck

Wharton 

Lehinahan

Pickering 

Travis

Rothwell

Dolan

Gallagher 

Hedges 

I’m not joking when I say we may as well pluck a youngster out from the youth team and chuck him up front - more in hope than expectation. Vale, anyone, I don’t care. Because there’s not one goal in that side - nor any within our first team squad without Dack or BBD.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I've resigned myself to the fact that we won't be making the playoffs unless there's a major turnaround in form but sacking Mowbray at this stage of the season is too late for a new manager to have time to get his ideas and stuff into the team,look at WBA they're still as shit as ever since Bruce came in,what i'm worried about is the talk of him going to India for contract talks,3 or 4 more years of Mowbray will do me in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

You predicted a 0-4 Rovers loss, I support all players that pull on the Blue n White.

Now who should be embarrassed? 

On recent form I feared a big loss but we played well

On the other hand, slagging off Gallagher's detractors by labelling them "ball watchers" and praising his ability to run all day is just insulting people's intelligence

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, starscascade said:

Got my head around this one (bitter as it was) but I have some relief….

Keep reading…

It’s not 1992 but we just qualified for the playoffs (6th place) and went in a 6 game death spiral of 6 straight defeats in March 1992.

We can do this! 

The Tranmere game was the turning point, thousands of Rovers on a Friday night on Merseyside, 2-2 I think.

We had pots of cash back then, we haven't got a pot to piss in now, but we can do this, despite some on social media having already given up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

On recent form I feared a big loss but we played well

On the other hand, slagging off Gallagher's detractors by labelling them "ball watchers" and praising his ability to run all day is just insulting people's intelligence

Its called trolling, who on a Rovers website ever predicts a 0-4 Rovers loss? 

I've given you far to much attention as it is, I'll let the site decide. 

7 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

No money from the Armstrong sale was given to reinvest. Surely much of the blame goes above them for not allowing even a reasonable fraction to reinvest?

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

We were second, now you think we'll drop out of the top 6 but we should keep the manager anyway! Madness!

The question being debated is whether now in 5th place we should sack him.

I think we have a limited squad full of graduates and loanees. Mowbray has done well to get it this high, lets hope we can squeeze into the top 6.

1 minute ago, Darrenbot said:

I've resigned myself to the fact that we won't be making the playoffs unless there's a major turnaround in form but sacking Mowbray at this stage of the season is too late for a new manager to have time to get his ideas and stuff into the team,look at WBA they're still as shit as ever since Bruce came in,what i'm worried about is the talk of him going to India for contract talks,3 or 4 more years of Mowbray will do me in.

Exactly. To sack him now would be stupid. If he doesnt make the top 6 come May, then let him go at the end of his contract. Although I suppose Venkys dont judge managers on results as they have proven throughout the last 11 horrible years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, starscascade said:

Got my head around this one (bitter as it was) but I have some relief….

Keep reading…

It’s not 1992 but we just qualified for the playoffs (6th place) and went on a 6 game death spiral of 6 straight defeats in March 1992.

We can do this! 

Whose our David Speedie this year to get us the goals?

• Like 1