BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

31 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Berget is not really a winger. I'd say he's a versatile attacking midfielder. Good on the ball, knows where the goal stands. Not the quickest or strongest. He was at Udinese earlier in his career as well, so talented but known to be a bit of a Bohemian.

Am I the only one who thinks Berget could do a job for us as an attacking midfielder?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Further - looking at his wiki I really can't see why he would be out of our league? Only 15 appearences for Bordeaux, who are not a major force in France (as evidenced by their relegation), no sign of Prem, La Liga, Serie A interest etc.

Seems very doable?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anel_Ahmedhodžić

He was only a late Jan loan, so he did play 93% of Bordeaux's minutes after joining.

I was unaware that previously playing in England could mean the GBE points calculation doesn't apply to him? But he well-qualified in any case given a combo of Ligue 1 minutes and continental minutes (plus winning the Swedish league with Malmo helps a bit).

Certainly an intriguing option. Let's see...

While I'm at it, Berget also qualifies, largely due to Champions League minutes. So, something to look out for in terms of the eligibility of potential Scandi links is whether their team played in the Champions League (or Europa...)*, which would also likely mean league positioning points, even if the Allsvenskan, etc. don't get a lot of points weighting.

*Edit: as I look at it a bit more, that's for if they made it to the group stage in one of those tournaments. Hence, poaching players from Malmo FF after they made it to the CL group stage shouldn't be an issue. Only a couple points available if you play a lot of Europa Conference minutes...

Edited by RoverCanada
  • Like 1

The reel of Ahmedhodzic is all a bit fire brigade action. Loads of sliding tackles which Championship forwards will dive from.

Coupled with nothing on his distribution capabilities, holding a line, stepping up for offside and headed clearances I'm not sure he's configured for the championship.

But what do I know. If JDT has worked with him and has confidence in him then, if he's a reasonable cost, I guess he's useful to the squad.

Would like to see more from him though and not just last ditch tackles and putting fires out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

The reel of Ahmedhodzic is all a bit fire brigade action. Loads of sliding tackles which Championship forwards will dive from.

Coupled with nothing on his distribution capabilities, holding a line, stepping up for offside and headed clearances I'm not sure he's configured for the championship.

But what do I know. If JDT has worked with him and has confidence in him then, if he's a reasonable cost, I guess he's useful to the squad.

Would like to see more from him though and not just last ditch tackles and putting fires out.

Agree, they don’t tend to make many videos about Swedish league defenders playing the offside trap or passing though to be fair 🤣

11 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Don't think that'd make a very exciting youtube video tbf 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RoverCanada said:

He was only a late Jan loan, so he did play 93% of Bordeaux's minutes after joining.

I was unaware that previously playing in England could mean the GBE points calculation doesn't apply to him? But he well-qualified in any case given a combo of Ligue 1 minutes and continental minutes (plus winning the Swedish league with Malmo helps a bit).

Certainly an intriguing option. Let's see...

While I'm at it, Berget also qualifies, largely due to Champions League minutes. So, something to look out for in terms of the eligibility of potential Scandi links is whether their team played in the Champions League (or Europa...)*, which would also likely mean league positioning points, even if the Allsvenskan, etc. don't get a lot of points weighting.

*Edit: as I look at it a bit more, that's for if they made it to the group stage in one of those tournaments. Hence, poaching players from Malmo FF after they made it to the CL group stage shouldn't be an issue. Only a couple points available if you play a lot of Europa Conference minutes...

Would bergets past with Cardiff not help with his permit

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems like a 2+2 assumption based on them being at Malmo but lets wait and see.

The link comes from Swedish Journalist. So would hope there is some foundation to this story. 

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

I assume there wouldn't be a work permit issue for Anagram either seen as he's played in England and France already?

He would walk it actually. 38 points he would get. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

The quality of names we're been linked with is is certainly refreshing, would be suprised if we got him in though.

Also don't see us moving for a 31 year old winger.

We will see, we started with Farke and ended up with JDT. Not saying JDT is not a nice change but he's not in the same bracket as Farke.

15 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

We will see, we started with Farke and ended up with JDT. Not saying JDT is not a nice change but he's not in the same bracket as Farke.

Nobody knows that yet Ulrich, lets see how the cloth falls

• Like 4