BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Nothing, but it’s weird to wanna discuss it constantly and then keep referencing how many pages the threads upto when it’s being driven by chat about players who have left us.

What else would we talk about? There have been no transfers and seemingly none are close.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You might not rate the ones I rate etc...all about opinions my friend.👍

Absolutely we will rate different players. My point is if all our players aren't good and Preston have some that are, and had a better manager, why did we finish 5 above them? I'm suggesting your opinions on some of these players must be empirically wrong, subjectivity aside. Unless you have a different explanation for why we outperformed them?

I thought Hedges looked good in those last two or three games of the season. He has something about him and reminds me of a budget Yarmolenko in style.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he does next season under JDT's management. I think he might surprise a few people.

Spending money on him, when he was available on a free 6 months later, and then hardly playing him was ridiculous. That is on the previous manager though. All about opinions, but I don't think he is 'woeful'. Him and Markanday to be our star men next season, imo.

• Like 7

Clubs that are skint don't pay 6 figure fees for players not ready for their team when those players are available for nothing 5 months later.

Aberdeen boys happy with the deal though. Especially their head of recruitment.....🤔

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I thought Hedges looked good in those last two or three games of the season. He has something about him and reminds me of a budget Yarmolenko in style.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he does next season under JDT's management. I think he might surprise a few people.

Spending money on him, when he was available on a free 6 months later, and then hardly playing him was ridiculous. That is on the previous manager though. All about opinions, but I don't think he is 'woeful'. Him and Markanday to be our star men next season, imo.

Agree, and the market for” free “is a lot more crowded. It was a strategic punt to get the man. We got him and I am sure JDT will get a tune out of him, especially if our top striker’s diaz are numbered.🥴

I think Hedges looks a decent squad player at least, I also think he could make a more consistent performer than Rothwell

Yes it was dumb to pay a fee for him then not play him until our season was as good as over when we could have just waited and got him for free(unless another club came in for him with a better contract offer!) but that said I think if we where to sell him we'd easily recoup what we paid, so still potentially a safe investment 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

54 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Absolutely we will rate different players. My point is if all our players aren't good and Preston have some that are, and had a better manager, why did we finish 5 above them? I'm suggesting your opinions on some of these players must be empirically wrong, subjectivity aside. Unless you have a different explanation for why we outperformed them?

My favourite players from last season and the last couple were Rothwell and Nyambe.  I have always been vocal in support of both.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Agree, and the market for” free “is a lot more crowded. It was a strategic punt to get the man. We got him and I am sure JDT will get a tune out of him, especially if our top striker’s diaz are numbered.🥴

I see what you did there.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

My favourite players from last season and the last couple were Rothwell and Nyambe.  I have always been vocal in support of both.  

Were you watching the same games as everyone else?

3 goals in 41 games for Rothwell. All fart, no poo. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

That is funny the two that have left are your favourites. The ones that are no longer rovers players. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Rothwell at his best was inconsistent. Let’s see how many starts he gets before he’s shipped out. 

Rothwell at his best could breeze past half a dozen players and pop the  ball in the net...talk about short memories....mismanaged to death .....I'd say the whole squad have been inconsistent for years.

12 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Rothwell at his best could breeze past half a dozen players and pop the  ball in the net...talk about short memories....mismanaged to death .....I'd say the whole squad have been inconsistent for years.

Both him and Nyambe were mismanaged but Rothwell came good towards the end of his spell, yet didn't produce the enough goals and assists for me. Pulse will be racing when he's run from deep though, so not easy to have the necessary composure when he gets the chances. They way we played for bigger parts of the season was no easy task for our central midfield. Not easy to offer support when we hit teams on the break with the pace of Khadra and Breo. We'll definitely see more of the ball under JDT.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think he can step up, good luck to the lad.

maybe in  a different team with a better manager he maybe could  step up,he`s got no chance under parker,who won`t use him properly and he`ll most likely be in a relegation battle,he may be good on the ball but joe is`nt cut out for a struggling team trying to eak out results,he could`nt tackle a fish supper

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Yeh I literally don't even know who that is and he plays in our league.

Hull winger. Very talented player and can see why West Ham are interesting 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The manager predominantly, in tandem with other staff members.

Either way, the owners should not be vetoing transfers and interfering.

I prefer Director of Football/head coach structure and pleased we gone that way finally. 

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I presume you have watched plenty of Plymouth to be able to comment based on your assertion the other day that I cannot comment on Jack Vale's loan spell at Halifax having never watched him there?

I haven't comment on his performances like you did with Vale spell at Halifax. That's the key difference here. 

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You look at a player and you think what has he got ? If it’s a winger - Is he rapid ? If not is he a tricky dribbler. Can he beat a man with either of those skills ? Will he take opponents on ? Is he a good crosser of the ball ? What’s his work rate like ? Are his energy levels good ? Is he aggressive ? Is he a pest off the ball, always in the oppositions face ? Is he always showing for the ball no matter what’s going on around him ? What’s his shooting/heading ability like ? Can he play off either wing ?

I’ve seen Hedges play a few times now and for me I can’t answer any of those questions with a positive.

I think his movement from out to in is good, work rate is good, pressing from the front. His performance at PNE away was excellent. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

he could do it 41 times and the end result was a mere 3 goals - inconsistent despite his pace

• Like 2