BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

They don’t need to go back to Venkys. The budget is set and Suhail (their nominated representative in the Uk) signs everything off.

It was he (not ‘them’) who declined Mowbrays plan to sell JR to Bournemouth and sign Wallace, Dembele etc in Jan.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

They don’t need to go back to Venkys. The budget is set and Suhail (their nominated representative in the Uk) signs everything off.

It was he (not ‘them’) who declined Mowbrays plan to sell JR to Bournemouth and sign Wallace, Dembele etc in Jan.

Wallace wasn't coming here Paul.And Dembele wanted Bournemouth from day one didn't even discuss a deal here according to the Peterborough owner 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Apparently Bournemouth were willing to drop interest in Dembele if we sold them Rothwell

Still would have required the player to agree to come here.

Whatever about Dembele absolutely no chance Wallace was signing here

Whether Venkys or their nominated conduit have to sign everything off or indeed as we saw in January, refuse to and overrule people far more capable of making such decisions is ultimately splitting hairs to appear ITK.

There is a constant delay that is needless but sadly the owners refuse to change, and there is clearly potential for conflict in decision making with people appointed to do a job undermined by people with no comparative knowledge of what they are doing. It clearly isn't about a lack of trust from the owners/Suhail either as they are left in situ until their contracts expire.

Waggott should be let go as  Mowbray correctly was but they become easy scapegoats for things that ultimately revert back to the common denominator, our terrible owners. Tomasson and Broughton hopefully will be 2 canny operators but lets not pretend that barring unexpected massive changes above them, that they like everyone before them will have a hand tied behind their back.

Also, Wallace, Dembele and 2 others? Do me a favour.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Not sure about that. Mowbray always referred to Suhail as the owners conduit. Why would he use such a word if he is actually the decision maker?

Out of interest, if Suhail did make the decision do you know his reasoning?

To use your terminology, 'He' is effectively one of 'Them' in the grand scheme of things. What role will he play now GB is in position ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Wallace wasn't coming here Paul.And Dembele wanted Bournemouth from day one didn't even discuss a deal here according to the Peterborough owner 

I got that info from someone who was working with Mowbray at the time mate, but I can see you know best - sound pal 👍🏼

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I got that info from someone who was working with Mowbray at the time mate, but I can see you know best - sound pal 👍🏼

And you have gotten info before that turned out to be wrong.

It would have taken breaking our wage ceiling to bring in Wallace.He was being linked with Besiktas, and has now joined West Brom who will pay much more money than we do.

Iv no inside info but I don't need it to know Wallace wasn't coming here on the money we pay.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Not sure about that. Mowbray always referred to Suhail as the owners conduit. Why would he use such a word if he is actually the decision maker?

Out of interest, if Suhail did make the decision do you know his reasoning?

To use your terminology, 'He' is effectively one of 'Them' in the grand scheme of things. What role will he play now GB is in position ?

All I know is that Suhail has worked in many of V’s businesses and is arguably their most trusted man. He IS the conduit but once the budget is set it’s his decision and his sign off that GB etc will need on V’s behalf 👍🏼

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

And you have gotten info before that turned out to be wrong.

It would have taken breaking our wage ceiling to bring in Wallace.He was being linked with Besiktas, and has now joined West Brom who will pay much more money than we do.

Iv no inside info but I don't need it to know Wallace wasn't coming here on the money we pay.

You don’t have to believe me brother. Keep trying to make sense of it all with no basis. I’m just passing on what I was told from people who were there…I’ve no reason to lie.

But I respect your pov.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cantwell is playing for an admittedly second string Norwich side tonight. I can't see that move happening at all and certainly it doesn't seem imminent.

A few close to the club believe it’s happening, I’m not sure it can happen within our pay structure. What happened to him? He was catching the eye of the top prem teams only 2 years ago.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

A few close to the club believe it’s happening, I’m not sure it can happen within our pay structure. What happened to him? He was catching the eye of the top prem teams only 2 years ago.

he`s a lazy show pony,though admitedly he`s got a good right foot,bournemouth did`nt take up their option to buy him and did`nt even pick him towards the end of the season,that tells you a lot about him imo

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

Would Norwich play him tonight if a move was imminent?

13 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I saw some Norwich fans say he had an off field issue going on a couple of years ago. Farke criticised him for taking too much time off from training and talked about 'personal issues' affecting him. He didn't get a look in at Norwich from that point on and his form seems to have gone.

Shame, as he looked quality three years ago and I'd never have imagined us being linked with him as it was an unrealistic idea. Now, it looks possible.

43 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I hope this happens tbh. He would be perfect to play the left side midfielder role. 

I don't know what happened to him maybe personal problems behind the scenes but someone like JDT might just be what he need to be his head coach and get his game back on track

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would Norwich play him tonight if a move was imminent?

Rovers could be close to agreement but surely they will get a better deal if he fit and playing in friendlies gaining match fitness and sharpness

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I hope this happens tbh. He would be perfect to play the left side midfielder role. 

I don't know what happened to him maybe personal problems behind the scenes but someone like JDT might just be what he need to be his head coach and get his game back on track

Rovers could be close to agreement but surely they will get a better deal if he fit and playing in friendlies gaining match fitness and sharpness

That’s not a thing

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Cantwell is playing for an admittedly second string Norwich side tonight. I can't see that move happening at all and certainly it doesn't seem imminent.

Why not? Keeps him fit and in the shop window - we won't be his only suitor. 

On 30/06/2022 at 06:15, MarkBRFC said:

See i would have found it strange had Mowbray not tried to play him anywhere but where he's best, was just so used to it. A real oddball of a manager.

The opening day of next season with players playing where they are meant to is going to be a really strange event.

Not just play the lad out of position but make it known to the world that ToMo thinks that is his best position.  The man was a nut.  Giles first game was on the left and he was pinging in crosses but no one was there.  I would like to have had a good look at that lad without Mowbary here.  Could have neen a valuable plan B, when the pretty football is not working bring on Giles and a good, or even, half decent centre forward, hell maybe even a big factory team bruiser that can head a ball and there would be goals scored so good us Giles' crossing from the left.  All of course carried with the disclaimer....IMHO.