BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Sounds like that Brighton lad is off to QPR which doesn’t surprise me…Robinson signing back to Nobbers…Trying my best to keep positive but it’s literally impossible when every other club is signing players other than us.

I predict just 1 signing before the QPR game and it will be next week (most likely a loan)

Shambles rovers, sort it out! 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Sorry my bad, guess I've just not articulated myself very well then. 

In my defence I am on the old autism spectrum and think in a very different way to some on here 😅 and what makes perfect sense to me can seem like jibberish to others 🤣 at least i don't take myself to seriously about it all though.

I'll leave it at that! 

Just in regards to another question i asked to no response.... Any insider gossip about the Taylor Richards link

He’s off QPR apparently…I don’t expect anyone is surprised though. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Never heard of the lad so personally I'm not really bothered about him specifically!.... But seriously rovers(Sunhail Pasha & Waggot in particular!!) get your shit together fast. 

We just need a couple of relatively good signings to get the ball rolling 🙏 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Hopefully we've got other targets lined up, if so we'd better keep it quiet... can't risk Accy Stanley catching wind and hijacking our deals.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 8

On 16/07/2022 at 15:04, davulsukur said:
3 minutes ago, martonrover said:

So, another day goes by. No incomings and no new Head of Recruitment, (and no sight / sound of Broughton).

I am not too concerned. 

Like the idea of Adam Wharton in front of Trav and Buckley. And hopefully JRC and Edun can step up in the wingback roles. 

Edun has looked very sharp in preseason. JRC had a lot of potential a year or two ago. 

Think Wharton, Ayala and Carter should be a nice balance in a back 3. 

Another Centre back is the priority. 

59 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

The night Wigan relegated us out of the Premier League , I said " I will never see Rovers again in the Premier League " nothing as changed my mind since ....

I seem to recall Tony Parkes saying something similar too, shortly after that game. It was along the lines of "I think it will be a long time until Rovers return to this Division, sadly". He wasn't wrong and as long as these owners remain here, you aren't likely to be wrong either.

It also reminds me of something that an old teacher of mine said to me, back when Rovers were flying under Souness. He said "take plenty of photos, enjoy it as much as you can, because there'll come a time when Rovers are so far away from the Premier League, that none of the kids will believe that Rovers were once Premier League".

He was a Preston fan, so it probably was tinged with jealousy, but he was right, and I think that time he was referring to, is now.

The situation only has a chance of improving once Venky's clear off, in my view, but we could be waiting a long time for that.

Morten summed it up best the other day:

"How one man can kill a football club, can do so much damage, just for his own ends".

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

We can only hope it’s all being kept under wraps…I mean what a way to bump a big crowd for JDTs first competitive game with zero transfers…

I feel sorry for JDT. No matter what those of a more optimistic persuasion may think, I’m sure he would’ve expected a few new signings by now. This is really poor.

• Like 5

In 12 years the Venkys have only appointed people who are within a range of totally useless and bang average. It remains to be seen how the new broom gets on at ewood but with the way it’s becoming more of a shambles with every passing day I’d suggest nothing has changed. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Who set the brexit footballer work permit rules, the FA or the government?

The govt; all foreign workers have to apply for a work permit/visa to ply their trade in the U.K. It’s based on a points make prizes system, unless you have a brown envelope for the relevant govt minister.

I remember a very long time ago, Kevin keegan agreed to be manager of Newcastle, and not long after he actually quit, using a a statement to the press: "it's not like I was promised in the brochure". He did subsequently change his mind and the rest is history. 

You're have to wonder, is Jon dahls current Re experience what he was promised in the brochure? 

This is generally really depressing , that feel good factor is being ripped away 

I'm hoping they have a plan in place and it's being kept underwraps but everyday that passes it feels like the whole system isn't working ..waggot..gb..pasha.. its just feels like a mess

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

@chaddyrovers please don't tell us you've fallen for the Waggott and not telling everyone what he says and you believed every word he said?! 

@chaddyroversdidn't need to go and see Waggott.  He should have saved his best shirt, his after shave and petrol money as I could have told him what Waggott would have to say.  Bet Waggott thought in his mind as Chaddy was leaving his office 'well, at least there's one happy fan/customer'!

However, I do admire Chaddy's spirit - if Carlsberg did Rovers' fans......................!!!

• Like 4

The football club is on its arse financially, Mowbray put us in pole position for promotion at Christmas, the owners failed to deliver. 

A change of manager doesn’t alter the facts, it should come as no surprise to anyone we are signing nobody. 

How long will JDT put up with this lack of investment? Longer than Lambert? 

• Like 1