BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

If we're talking peanuts for Szmodics (500k or less) then I wouldn't be against seeing how he performs for us with more quality around him. His figures in league 1 suggested he was far too good for that standard. Anything over half a mill looks a bit more risky. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, goozburger said:

Nyambe joins Wigan on a one-year deal. 1 year. Uno. Un. Ein. Strange stuff.

money talks, hope his former colleagues tear him up on social media after this too

Edited by Tricky
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tricky said:

money talks, hope his former colleagues tear him up on social media after this too

Absolute nightmare he’s had. He won’t be on too dissimilar (if not less) than his final offer here… and even then it’s only for one year instead of 3/4!!! I’d be looking for a third change of agent Ryan 

35 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

The majority of Barnsley fans opinions of Callum Brittain are that he excelled under Ismeals high-pressing style, but failed to perform for the other managers after he left. 

Hopefully a great addition to the squad!

JDT plays high pressing so he should suit nicely.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Absolute nightmare he’s had. He won’t be on too dissimilar (if not less) than his final offer here… and even then it’s only for one year instead of 3/4!!! I’d be looking for a third change of agent Ryan 

it gets more amusing...

I will always remember my time at Blackburn fondly and I appreciate the years of support from the fans there, but I’m sure Blackburn fans will understand why I jumped at the chance to join a club like Wigan Athletic

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Back to our real market of league one players. Brittain probably worth a punt. The only decent player Peterborough had,  left for Bournemouth in Jan. 

*Still beat us though 🤦🏻‍♂️

On Szmodics - he had a record similar to Dack in his league one season with P'Boro (15 goals in 42 games), and still managed 6 goals in 36 for an incredibly goal shy side last season. scoring 14% of their 43.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

On Szmodics - he had a record similar to Dack in his league one season with P'Boro (15 goals in 42 games), and still managed 6 goals in 36 for an incredibly goal shy side last season. scoring 14% of their 43.   

Would not Jack Mariott be an better choice...scored 9 goals last season...

• Backroom

The fact it’s just a year shows that his agent has backed him into a corner and had to take that to try for a better move next year 

All along I said he’d end up at a top team, how wrong was I!

Rhino’s suck, Hippo’s all the way

• Like 1

I know people are desperate for good news but...lad is a Barnsley player relegated to league one. And its not like he is 19 or 20 where you can expect potential for great improvement.

Far far cry from the door of international gems that we were hoping would be opened with the managerial appointments...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Nyambe joins Wigan on a one-year deal. 1 year. Uno. Un. Ein. Strange stuff.

For me this backs up other folk's assumptions on what went on.  Pushed for more money, actually found he wasn't that much in demand, short-term deal down the road to save face.

If Ryan didn't already feel like a complete numpty, he should do now.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tricky said:

it gets more amusing...

I will always remember my time at Blackburn fondly and I appreciate the years of support from the fans there, but I’m sure Blackburn fans will understand why I jumped at the chance to join a club like Wigan Athletic

<laugh react emoji>

😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

I know people are desperate for good news but...lad is a Barnsley player relegated to league one. And its not like he is 19 or 20 where you can expect potential for great improvement.

Far far cry from the door of international gems that we were hoping would be opened with the managerial appointments...

Fans foaming at the mouth just because we MIGHT be actually signing a player 

Waggott's played a blinder again