BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

12 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

It's basically come on the back of Glen speaking to Waggott and being led to believe money could be made available for a 'special' signing as far as I can see....

That news has certainly quietened down some of the discontent on here.

Lets hope we haven’t missed any targets like that by the end of the window.

2 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

That news has certainly quietened down some of the discontent on here.

Lets hope we haven’t missed any targets like that by the end of the window.

We’ve already missed out on one, believed to be the Bosnian who chose the Blades over us. 

Barry fry proper hates us for some reason, always plays hard ball with us and rolls over for other teams when negotiating for his players. For that reason he can do one for me. Ss is a decent player but small, reminds me of Jack Payne. I’d much rather both of the other two linked. 

brereton for 15 mill plus van hecke. Win win 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

We’ve already missed out on one, believed to be the Bosnian who chose the Blades over us. 

Has this been confirmed we missed out ?

As in ..we were definitely in for him ? 

Edited by HowieFive0
  • Like 2

Just a bit more detail on how it was when I started watching football

1 Gk mad can’t kick a ball straight 

2 RB doesn’t cross half way line
3 LB ditto

4 CM  headcase that just  kicks everyone

5 C/B that’s hard as nails
6 C/B that can actually kick the ball Straight

7 R/W all pace  but no end product

8 C/M that can pass the ball 

9 C/F but playing second Fiddle to No10

10 C/F main man .. God .. no9 wants this shirt

11 L/W mercurial brilliant one week shit the next all skill no effort 

• Like 7

They have got history with the ‘money for a marquee signing’ thing, to be fair.

Rhodes was the first, BB was in that bracket and I suspect Gallagher probably was as well.

We could certainly do with one this summer, as a signal of intent…

8 minutes ago, Andy said:

They have got history with the ‘money for a marquee signing’ thing, to be fair.

Rhodes was the first, BB was in that bracket and I suspect Gallagher probably was as well.

We could certainly do with one this summer, as a signal of intent…

So far, they've only done it with strikers.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Having a guess at the current XI and formation isn't easy, but it sure sounds like a back 5 (wing backs). If Brittain can actually play competently, maybe we'll have a more narrow midfield/attack to suit Dack.

Best XI today?

Kaminski, Brittain, Carter, Ayala, Wharton, Pickering, Travis, Buckley, Dack, Brereton-Diaz, Gallagher.

On papar that isn't a troubling XI. Clearly need that extra starting CB, and maybe (likely) a quality midfielder. Add Van Hecke and Styles to that team and you're much happier. Though I don't want to pigeon hole Styles as LWB.

I doubt that the best eleven we have today, would include Dack. 

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Best chance of getting Van Hecke back would be a loan deal right at the end of the window. If he’s not been sold and unlikely to play then they may as well loan him out again. 

To be fair I’d take him on loan again if it means he returns. Big player for us.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Best chance of getting Van Hecke back would be a loan deal right at the end of the window. If he’s not been sold and unlikely to play then they may as well loan him out again. 

10 minutes ago, Hasta said:

He is out of contract next summer (if no option)

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

I doubt that the best eleven we have today, would include Dack. 

Crazy isn't it? If you'd have said back in December 2019 that Dack would still be here and wouldn't get in our first XI, wonder how many people would think we'd be in the EPL.

Next in the line of promising Rovers career lost due to injury? Jansen, Thompson, Dahlin, Grella (🤣👀)

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I would be tempted to try and get Van Hecke on a season long loan, then put in a cheeky bid for him in the January transfer window.  Brighton will know that it is except our offer, or get nothing for him at the end of the season. Other clubs would not be able to sign him in January as we would still have him signed up till the end of the season.

6 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

@bluebruce this was the original post and and @ChrisPriceBaldSpotconfirmed it was us that had bid. 

it’s a week since I shared here the story about Bowler I didn’t know just how true it was but the message board needed some good news so I shared it anyway and then another poster confirmed it . When I asked the person who told me , a few days ago  If there had been any progress , his answer was not good and the atmosphere on this board at that time was pretty downbeat and I didn’t really want to add to that .. since then the bids for Smodizcs have been made public and there is a very strong link to Styles which is making me think Bowler is NOT coming Rovers .. Elliot Jackson’s report is either old OR something has happened Very recently 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

They’ll try and renew before loaning out, most likely. Just like Spurs did with Markanday. Usually the bigger clubs get their way, and the player in question a nice pay rice and job security. 

9 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Crazy isn't it? If you'd have said back in December 2019 that Dack would still be here and wouldn't get in our first XI, wonder how many people would think we'd be in the EPL.

Next in the line of promising Rovers career lost due to injury? Jansen, Thompson, Dahlin, Grella (🤣👀)

David Thompson would have been some player for us. 

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

They’ll try and renew before loaning out, most likely. Just like Spurs did with Markanday. Usually the bigger clubs get their way, and the player in question a nice pay rice and job security. 

He is 22 not 18/19 he is going to want to know if opportunities are going to come at Brighton.

If they ain't giving him an opportunity this season then I can see him pushing to leave.

He can get a pay rise along with first team football at another club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He is 22 not 18/19 he is going to want to know if opportunities are going to come at Brighton.

If they ain't giving him an opportunity this season then I can see him pushing to leave.

He can get a pay rise along with first team football at another club.

Seems like a lad that wants to play more than get a raise.  He probably knows that the only way to really get paid is if he improves his stock by playing every week.  Look at how much last season improved his value. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

To get van hecke on a permanent, we'd have to make him the highest paid player. Club captain. Play in orange. Be in the premier league. 

The orange bit is a deal-breaker unfortunately.