BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

And if we lose the opening fixture it won't be the end of the world. I don't expect us to win every game. However I expect to see a gradual improvement under JDT and GB that 5 years of Mowbray didn't produce.

Edited by bazza
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I'm not the biggest advocate of many of the stats on here, progressive passing, smart passing, second passes, and so many of the others which are dependant on so many factors that they become almost obsolete, but for the data nerds amongst us, it doesn't reflect too kindly on him.

From what I have seen of him, he very much prefers to play as a number 10 so I somewhat hope if he signs that he struggles to get a game because Dack is back fit and firing. Clinging on to something, he is a bundle of energy so he might suit a pressing style and he runs in behind more than anyone we have bar Brereton who will soon leave. He has twice struggled to step up to the Championship (once in a new and established team and one having himself been key in a promotion) but Khadra (who you could indirectly argue he is replacing) and in fact basically all of our attacking players scored less last season.

We can't afford to spend 2.5 mill on someone who 'struggles to get a game'. Not if they're almost 27 like this lad, with minimal room for improvement.

I've never even heard of half of those stats. No idea how they're put together. Contrasting them with the Championship average though does suggest poor performance. The saving grace though being that his teammates are poorer than ours, which can make a big difference.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Broughton did say it’s not all going to happen over night…That to me means he needs time….Again I get the frustration but we need to judge come end of the window…Players will come/are coming.

You’ve summed it up pal……Frustration.

I think we were 4 or 5 players short at the back end of last season and we are horrendously short now! Dangerous game but let’s see if we can pick a couple points up through August?! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Are people unaware Nyambe was essentially let go? The contract offer was withdrawn once JDT came in.

That is wrong. His agent returned to the club to discuss the offer, the offer was the same as before, after talks with Broughton he still declined the offer and because he was taking his time Rovers withdrew which imo was the right thing to do! Billy big bollocks agent made a right arse of it hence why he is the embarrassed one!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I think we were 4 or 5 players short at the back end of last season and we are horrendously short now! Dangerous game but let’s see if we can pick a couple points up through August?! 

Tomorrow will be a big test, however I’m confident we will get a result…A win would be a huge boost for moral.

I for one can’t wait to see how we play under JDT.

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The 7 games are certainly not "to see if the youth players can play a part," they aren't a dress rehearsal and indeed are as important as any of the 39 games that follow!

Fair play. You said you wanted Brown to stay, he hasn't and you have stuck with your opinion even though it goes against the managers opinion.

Out of interest, assuming you still think we needed 6 signings and with Brittain signed and lets assume that Morton and Szmodics also sign. Where would you add the other 3?

I'm not sure he is suited to being an impact sub, I know he was unfit last season but it is so hard regularly being expected to perform miracles from the bench.

I think when Brereton goes, our best chance in getting goals is still more likely to come from Dack factoring in the likelihood of making anything like a full recovery than any of the supporting cast, Gallagher included.

How else do you find out if they can cut it   without loaning them out ?

Surely if rovers show quick progression to first team,  better youth players will be recruited on going, because they get a chance. 

These are back up squad players,  early doors not starting 11

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

With each day that passes, it's becoming more and more apparent that Broughton is a dud. Overwhelmed and unable to deliver.

If the best he can come up with is blowing £2.5m on some L1 no hoper and a loan for Tyler Morton, he needs to start packing his bags now.

Peterborough fans can't believe their luck and want to take the money and run. That should say something.

His appointment was never going to provide an instant, quick fix.

Add in that he still has a few weeks left of the window to go. Not ideal that we still need plenty of signings and the season starts tomorrow admittedly but players will be signing before the deadline approaches.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

That is wrong. His agent returned to the club to discuss the offer, the offer was the same as before, after talks with Broughton he still declined the offer and because he was taking his time Rovers withdrew which imo was the right thing to do! Billy big bollocks agent made a right arse of it hence why he is the embarrassed one!

You call it the right thing to do, I call it cutting off your nose to spite your face.

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Fair play. You said you wanted Brown to stay, he hasn't and you have stuck with your opinion even though it goes against the managers opinion.

why would I change my opinion? I told you my opinion more than once. 

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Out of interest, assuming you still think we needed 6 signings and with Brittain signed and lets assume that Morton and Szmodics also sign. Where would you add the other 3?

centre back, centre midfielder and replacement for Ben Brereton Diaz if he does leave 

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

From what I have seen of him, he very much prefers to play as a number 10 so I somewhat hope if he signs that he struggles to get a game because Dack is back fit and firing. Clinging on to something, he is a bundle of energy so he might suit a pressing style and he runs in behind more than anyone we have bar Brereton

We aren't spending 2.5 to 3 million player on a back up player are we? I think he will play either the 10 role or wide left in the attacking 3 behind the main striker. 

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

With each day that passes, it's becoming more and more apparent that Broughton is a dud. Overwhelmed and unable to deliver.

If the best he can come up with is blowing £2.5m on some L1 no hoper and a loan for Tyler Morton, he needs to start packing his bags now.

Peterborough fans can't believe their luck and want to take the money and run. That should say something.

What a utter and complete over reaction by some fans on here. Think you need to calm down abit. We will make the signings we need shortly 

8 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

And we will sign those 4 or 5 players before the transfer window ends/

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You call it the right thing to do, I call it cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Nyambe and his agent had enough time to either sign a new contract or not. 

I think his agent thought he would get a better club than us and better wage than we offered

I see it encouraging that we’re taking our time to get the right deals in, rather than take a scattergun approach of just getting bodies in.

Don’t know enough about the Posh lad, if I’m perfectly honest.

It’s a position we’re light on, he brings some experience, which we’ve all been shouting for and the fee is reported either way, could well be a lot less.

Once again, let’s see how we look once the window is closed and our squad is settled.

As for whoever is calling Broughton a ‘dud’, based on the one decent signing he’s made so far and the clearing out of some deadwood…I have no words.

• Like 3

Joe Rothwell - Bournemouth, free

Darragh Lenihan - Middlesbrough, free

Antonis Stergiakis - Panetolikos, free

Luke Brennan - released

Harry Chapman - Bradford, free

Jacob Davenport - released

Sam Durrant - released

Bradley Johnson - MK Dons, free

Connor McBride - released

Joe Nolan - released

Ryan Nyambe - released

Evan Cunningham - released

Joe Ferguson - released

Brandon Lonsdale - released

Tyler Magloire - Northampton

James Brown - loan

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Luke Brennan - released

Sam Durrant - released

Joe Nolan - released

Ryan Nyambe - released

Joe Ferguson - released

James Brown - loan

One of which, would probably make the first team. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, neophox said:

Luke Brennan - released

Sam Durrant - released

Joe Nolan - released

Ryan Nyambe - released

Joe Ferguson - released

James Brown - loan

16 OUT, 1 IN 🙀🙀

Davenport not been snapped up, given he was cruelly mismanaged by Mowbray…?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

16 OUT, 1 IN 🙀🙀

Davenport not been snapped up, given he was cruelly mismanaged by Mowbray…?

Pretty sure Davenport was snapped up, can't remember by who of the top of my head

EDIT! No sorry you're right hecis still out of contract! 

He's got a lot of talent, just needs serious game time somwhere to build his confidence i think, especially after all the injuries and being dicked about by our previous manager. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2