BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Tomasson: “Overall, it’s a great win for us to get the project started.”

This is about the 6th time he has called the club a project. He’s right, I suppose, when he refers to Rovers as a project; but, it doesn’t sound very endearing or personal about the club. 

I guess I won’t say anything bad about him, if he leaves us after 3-4 years, & we’re in much better shape, possibly, in the PL. I seriously doubt he came to Rovers to retire. Arguably, that’s all Kenny ever wanted, he was a Red for life when we got him, he went back there, and we still love him.

I just hope that’s how Tomasson’s chapter of the clubs history reads. 

I suspect not many of us in a similar situation managing in Denmark would get exactly the right nuance in Danish. Who knows what he thinks he means but it is his second (or third) language.

• Like 1

From memory, it was Venky’s original intention to create a “project” whereby a sustainable model would be created based on an endless stream of Academy recruits mixed with some experienced (but cheap) old pros. Selling a few of these recruits would fund the wage bill I guess.

i don’t think Venkys saw Sam as the man to deliver…..

it looks to me as if they’re trying again.

4 hours ago, AJW said:

Thought Vale struggled to get involved today , a few nice touches but not much else I think there is more there than what was shown today , Hedges same can’t say he contributed much but with 15 mins to go i thought Gally and Diaz were struggling we needed fresh legs that when I would have brought on Dack and Markanday , felt we were hanging on towards then end , Dack has the ability to lift the crowd even if JDT doesn’t think he’s fit enough or fits into his style of play he cannot deny his impact on the team and fans 

wasn't it hedges who nodded the ball down to travis??

• Like 6

4 hours ago, AJW said:

Thought Vale struggled to get involved today , a few nice touches but not much else I think there is more there than what was shown today , Hedges same can’t say he contributed much but with 15 mins to go i thought Gally and Diaz were struggling we needed fresh legs that when I would have brought on Dack and Markanday , felt we were hanging on towards then end , Dack has the ability to lift the crowd even if JDT doesn’t think he’s fit enough or fits into his style of play he cannot deny his impact on the team and fans 

I felt exactly the same (other than about Hedges who was 100% my mom)….

Gally and BBD were out on their feet for the last 15 mins, most of the front 6 (midfield and forwards) were. The fact JDT said in his interview about ‘nearly’ putting Adam Wharton on and yet didn’t put Dack on was a significant in context. It meant that he trusted half a team of shattered players over the subs. For Markanday, Wharton etc, that’s ok. They’re  young, it’s normal for a coach not to fully trust them at 1-0 and fine to lack strength and a bit of stamina. For Dack, it’s catastrophic. Sure he’s not fit but he should in theory, as an experienced pro have been fit enough to go out there and run like crazy for 15 mins!? I just don’t think the trust is there. 

fwiw, I don’t think there’s been any fallout. Dack will just have been desperate to play and gutted he didn’t. From his point of view he’s seen an U23 start in front of him and Dolan come on as first sub for Vale, who had struggled for 60-70 mins. There’s no midweek match, he’ll feel embarrassed….he was the king of Ewood, the last time he played in games like these. I REALLY hope he proves JDT wrong and comes back fighting. What a player we’d have then!!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, WacoRover said:

This is about the 6th time he has called the club a project. He’s right, I suppose, when he refers to Rovers as a project; but, it doesn’t sound very endearing or personal about the club. 

I guess I won’t say anything bad about him, if he leaves us after 3-4 years, & we’re in much better shape, possibly, in the PL. I seriously doubt he came to Rovers to retire. Arguably, that’s all Kenny ever wanted, he was a Red for life when we got him, he went back there, and we still love him.

TBF to the manager, he always tags on the importance to winning now, for the fans etc etc…

I think we’re a project, like Liverpool were when they took Klopp and City when Sheik Mansoor took over, the same as Newcastle and the Saudi’s…it’s Mowbray who has created an aversion to words like Journey and project. Because he hid behind them during 15 game winless runs when all we wanted was the truth.

I can’t ever see JDT doing that. I’m just relieved that there finally feels like there’s a plan.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Been told smoddy fee is wayyyyy below 2.5 and he's booked in for a Monday medical. 2.5 is a promotion figure and based on appearances 

Of course!!

Fry said that the bids they’d turned down were “over a million”. I reckon it’s still only a touch over a million now, probably half (£500-600k) upfront and the rest in appearance and promotion incentives to a max of £2.5m

My guess is that unless Szmody is 100 appearances in having helped fire us into the PL, Posh will never even see £1.5m of Rovers money. With that in mind I pray we end up paying em the full £2.5m. Though I’m dubious of that figure as it looks like it’s been made up   on Posh’s side to keep their fans happy…Overall, looks like a JDT type. Best of luck to him 👍🏼

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Good. It is a project - sustainable Prem team is the target. A clear, defined goal. 

Much better than a vague notion of a 'journey', with no destination in mind. And the expedition leader talking endlessly about his fucking values. Spare me all that bullshit.

JDT strikes me as someone charming and smiley, but with a cold, hard vision of where he wants to get to. 

6 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I suspect not many of us in a similar situation managing in Denmark would get exactly the right nuance in Danish. Who knows what he thinks he means but it is his second (or third) language.

I can guarantee it’s a language thing that. It’s hard to learn a language as it is, but to know subtle little meanings here and there, is extremely difficult. 

In typical fashion from one of the huge plastic clubs the comments on McCarthy were really something when it was announced on twitter

'Who ?'

'Never heard of him'

'Did he coach a big club before ?'

'Who the hell is this guy'

'I think he played for West Ham or Everton once'

On another note is Chris Samba still at Ewood and if so what does he do ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon has a bit about Bowler to Forest today.No mention of us 

It looks like Szmodics is coming so for me the Positions we need filling are LB & CB…Styles is the man we need. 

I really hope JDT doesn’t see Pickering as good enough.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

Dack can sulk all he wants but the realisation is that he has only played an hour at Lincoln and a BCD match at Brockhall in pre season. He missed a chunk of pre season training because of injury and I'd wager his stats reflect that. At Lincoln he just didn't look anywhere near fit enough for the game Tomasson wants to play. Over the next few weeks he can get some game time and improve his fitness. Until then, for me he has to be content with being on the bench.

• Like 4

Bowler wont get in to that Forest team... but we will see.

I hope we get Van Hecke in. It will be a miracle if Ayala and Wharton can sustain all league games in a long and hard season.

Money should be available for this as for wages.

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

In typical fashion from one of the huge plastic clubs the comments on McCarthy were really something when it was announced on twitter

'Who ?'

'Never heard of him'

'Did he coach a big club before ?'

'Who the hell is this guy'

'I think he played for West Ham or Everton once'

On another note is Chris Samba still at Ewood and if so what does he do ?

Well he was at the game yesterday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Good. It is a project - sustainable Prem team is the target. A clear, defined goal. 

Much better than a vague notion of a 'journey', with no destination in mind. And the expedition leader talking endlessly about his fucking values. Spare me all that bullshit.

JDT strikes me as someone charming and smiley, but with a cold, hard vision of where he wants to get to. 

I 100% concur - I tell my students that their learning will be much more effective if it is goal / objective oriented, otherwise it would be like going to the train station, knocking on the ticket office glass (assuming they aren't on strike or something) and when asked by the ticket clerk "How can I help you?" saying, "I want to go travelling..."

Mind you, a lot of students these days seem to have no clue about where / why they are in Higher Education other than to go travelling...

So, in terms of Rovers, I'm much more comfortable with a gaffer who has targets and destinations in mind, and maybe even some stops along the way to measure the 'journey' and reflect on how far we (will) have come, rather than just gurning pathetically and mumbling about the journey as if he hasn't a clue where we might get to...

And if we need new players to get to where JDT wants us to get to, then I am sure that the relevant conversations will take place, even if there is still a dysfunctional stench about the overall running of the club.

COYJDTBWA!