BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Was stood close to JDT at the match. He's got a temper. Got really angry and had a shouting match with his #2 who was disagreeing with him on something in the last 5 or 10 minutes.

During the 2nd half, Dack was sent out for a warm up and given instruction (presumably from JDT) to send Wharton back in to get ready to go on. Dack spoke to Wharton who then sprinted in to get stripped off. 

I presume the shouting match between coaching staff centred on the reversal of the decision to send Wharton on. I believe that Buckley (on a yellow and occasionally prone to youthful rashness) would have made way. However, during the 2nd half, Buckley noticeably pulled out of a couple of challenges around the halfway line, therefore demonstrating that he had no intention of getting sent off. This maturity on Buckley's part is crucial in his development. I suspect JDT has high hopes for the boy and needs him on the pitch.

I thought Dolan for Vale was absolutely correct as he is a perfect impact sub when the opposition need a bit of disrupting. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

I thought Dolan for Vale was absolutely correct as he is a perfect impact sub when the opposition need a bit of disrupting. 

Dolan had no impact.  Apart from his usual headless chicken act.....his pace is worryingly boy-like.  He wad caught up very quickly and dispossessed by someone with standard pace...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

During the 2nd half, Dack was sent out for a warm up and given instruction (presumably from JDT) to send Wharton back in to get ready to go on. Dack spoke to Wharton who then sprinted in to get stripped off. 

I presume the shouting match between coaching staff centred on the reversal of the decision to send Wharton on. I believe that Buckley (on a yellow and occasionally prone to youthful rashness) would have made way. However, during the 2nd half, Buckley noticeably pulled out of a couple of challenges around the halfway line, therefore demonstrating that he had no intention of getting sent off. This maturity on Buckley's part is crucial in his development. I suspect JDT has high hopes for the boy and needs him on the pitch.

There was a shouting match between coaching staff?

I think everything is reading way too much into the Dack situation. The player has come back from two incredibly tough injuries. During the game we are winning 1-0 would we bring on an attacking threat when you are looking to protect the result. Dack was simply not the right player to bring for that match with how it was all played out. Dolan was the better choice due to his pressing. If we are 1-0 down and we need a bit of class in the box to get that goal then of course bring him on but we need to pick the starting 11 depending on the opponent we are playing to play to the teams strength. Dack will get his minutes. Yes he will be frustrated. But I don't think at all it is the end of the world. 

Edited by roverstdt
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dolan had no impact.  Apart from his usual headless chicken act.....his pace is worryingly boy-like.  He wad caught up very quickly and dispossessed by someone with standard pace...

It seems you watch a different match to the majority, of course Dolan made an impact and imo was an excellent sub when JDT put him on.

Must be wonderful for folk sat near you at matches, so negative and opinionated. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Maybe, but for me hes a very lucky boy to be playing at the level he is.

7 goals and 5 assists at this level for a 20 year old is enough to suggest he is capable at this level. Granted he is no Messi but then again I’m sure you will say his right foot is not good enough for the championship 👍

• Like 1