BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

50 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Just remind me who scored the only goals against Lincoln  and Port Vale in pre season. Dack has a gift to find time and space in the box it's instinctive. I don't see any one else with that instinct.

If it is just about goal instinct, which you have or haven't got, no matter what level you play at. Then Sam Burns has scored eight goals in four pre-season games.

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

Considering Sharpe is saying there's decent money to spend on a centre half, I couldn't forgive them if they let Van Hecke swan off on a permanent to somewhere like Sheff Utd after signing Ahmedhodzic and Khadra.... Or Boro even. 

If it's possible to get it done, it needs to get done, no excuses. 

surely the coaching staff who were here last year,johnson and lowe, will be urging broughton to have a go at getting  jpvh back here,especially as we are a centre back light,even if it`s on loan,his contract runs out at the end of the season,we could swoop for him then on a permanent

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

If it is just about goal instinct, which you have or haven't got, no matter what level you play at. Then Sam Burns has scored eight goals in four pre-season games.

I watched Sam Burns against Chorley and he was certainly far too good for that level. Hopefully he will be given a chance to progress.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I agree with you that our current forward options, whether 'fluid' or not, look short of goals. 

Our last 3 (league) goals  (Birmingham & QPR) were all long range.  You are lucky to get 4 or 5 of those a season.  We aren't creating a plethora of chances so need someone clinical up top.  

It seems that we have got the Liverpool lad rather than  Styles. 

Likewise it could well be Szmodic over Bowler. 

If that's the case then the 2 we've signed better be surprisingly good as they look the worse options on paper.

Surely we need a creative source so the strikers have the chances?

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

surely the coaching staff who were here last year,johnson and lowe, will be urging broughton to have a go at getting  jpvh back here,especially as we are a centre back light,even if it`s on loan,his contract runs out at the end of the season,we could swoop for him then on a permanent

Doesn't make any business sense to loan him and lose him for nothing. They either sign him to a new contract and loan him or sell him now. I think we have a better chance of getting back on a loan rather than perm.  

For what it’s worth smzodics scored only 3 less goals than Dack in Peterborough’s league 1 promotion compared to Dack in ours. Fair to say our team was much better as they went straight back down and we stayed up comfortably.

Surely with a 46 game season there’s plenty of room and playing time for both of them.

• Like 3

Straight to the point. Dack of the past would get in that 11 easy. Can he high press with intensity? cos he never had that in the first place. We can’t play one way and need to slow games down. His vision, passing ability, His football brain, He will play a massive part if he stays fit. He’s intelligent enough to adapt his playing style. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

We now have 8 interchangeable forwards of:

Gallagher 

BBD / ANOther

Vale

Dolan

Hedges

Szmodics

Dack

Markanday

It's reasonable to expect that as an average, each of those can score 6 goals across 46 games (i.e. 48 goals). Add in another 15 from midfield, defence and og's, that's 63 goals.

Last season we scored 69 goals, conceding 59. It's the 59 figure that most needs addressing, but if that can be reduced by 10 and we can match last season's goals scored tally, that will see us top 6.

I know that's rather a simple way of looking at things, but I don't think it ought to be considered unachievable with the right investment in defence this window.

WHAT ..... Gallagher is a forward 😮
Well, i’l be buggered. I would never of guessed that with the way he plays

9 minutes ago, Neal said:

Doesn't make any business sense to loan him and lose him for nothing. They either sign him to a new contract and loan him or sell him now. I think we have a better chance of getting back on a loan rather than perm.  

i agree it does`nt make sense,but sometimes managers in the premiership get carried away with spending ****loads of money and forget about their 2nd string players,maybe potter has a different opinion of jpvh than we do

16 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

Somewhat disappointed in this development 😂

I know it’s sad pal….ever since we’ve been linked with him this side of the season they’ve all followed each other…not sure why.

Still hoping rumours arnt true and we’re still in for him. I get why we arnt signing him for CM…But then again if we arnt going for wing backs then there’s no point in signing him.

We need a CB & a forward to wrap things up.

In addition to Dack needing to build up his fitness - which might not be ideal in a tight match - does he have the mobility in the fluid front 4 that JDT seems to want? Not sure his game has him drifting wide and running the channels which all 4 need to do at times during the game. 

As sad as it is to say, it may be that JDT doesn't see him fitting into the system. Team is always number one. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

Somewhat disappointed in this development 😂

Don't be too worried about it, two weeks ago we were skint, we weren't signing anyone, we had to sell BBD to buy anyone and even that wasn't a given thanks to FFP.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

The lack of respect towards Dacky from some on here and other Rovers groups makes you wonder how many trolls we actually have on here. Anyone who thinks he is anything other than the best player we have had at the club, and by some fucking distance, must have suffered some form of memory loss.

He once was.

I doubt he'll get anywhere the level he was - don't think the signs are good.;

A great shame for the lad and the club.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, superniko said:

Agree with a similar comment above, the Dack comments are complete nonsense and over the top. He's comfortably the best footballer and finisher in our squad. He's the only player I'd want the ball to fall to in the box.

Talk of 'stinking the place out' last season just shows how clueless some are on here. He didn't start a single match, and only came off the bench 9 times, making the difference in the Derby match and more-so Coventry where he showed our alleged number 9 Gallagher how to play with instinct, positioning and finishing ability. 

The only real negative you can say is the missed penalty in his 1st game back against Bristol City, arguably he shouldn't have been on it, but either way, hardly 'stinking the place out'

More fool us if we push him aside for the likes of Gallagher, Dolan etc. because they're better at cross-country. I seem to recall a certain Alan Shearer still being the best striker in the league after knee and ankle injuries. Dack is one of the best in the league at interlinking play and finishing anything at his feet in the box and that's how he should be used.

Shearer came back from his ACL remakably well and quickly almost immediately firing on all cylinders - recall him coming off the bench away to Newcastle and netting as only he could.  He was then up and running.

Contrast to Dack who, IMO, is struggling with fitness and mobility and I think the harsh reality is that he may never be up to the rigours of the Championship again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Dack we excellent at times in his cameo appearances last season, finishing aside, he brought something extra.

I think we find ourselves in the midsts of another Brfcs bullshit fest, not aimed at you by the way Mercer, but Dack is far from done in my opinion.

he turned the match when he came on against coventry away,pity the idiots at the back could`nt hold out😪

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Shearer came back from his ACL remakably well and quickly almost immediately firing on all cylinders - recall him coming off the bench away to Newcastle and netting as only he could.  He was then up and running.

Contrast to Dack who, IMO, is struggling with fitness and mobility and I think the harsh reality is that he may never be up to the rigours of the Championship again. 

I think the point I and others are making is that there is absolutely zero evidence to back up the 2nd paragraph that people seem to be randomly spouting. 

In the 9 sub appearances he made after the 2nd injury (what I assume all these opinions are judged on) he didn’t exactly look Championship finished, and if he did then so did every other one of our midfield and attack….including Brereton who did nothing in those same matches. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Jlee1984 said:

Straight to the point. Dack of the past would get in that 11 easy. Can he high press with intensity? cos he never had that in the first place. We can’t play one way and need to slow games down. His vision, passing ability, His football brain, He will play a massive part if he stays fit. He’s intelligent enough to adapt his playing style. 

If Dack does only loss a bit of pace and the rest of his game returns . I'm sure there's a role for him . 

We didn’t just drop Tugay as he wasn't fast / couldn't press .

I know one of Dacks strong points is finishing around the box, where as Tugay was long shots and range of passing , but Dack has more to offer than just finishing.

Time will tell to what standard he returns to .

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pomster said:

WHAT ..... Gallagher is a forward 😮
Well, i’l be buggered. I would never of guessed that with the way he plays

Iirc similar things were being said about Armstrong when Graham & Dack were banging in the goals; and then about BBD when Armstrong was banging in the goals.

Gallagher scored 7 league goals last season in 30 apps (as many as BBD the season before), mostly whilst playing wide right. If he is part of a functioning & fluid front 4 (as seems to be the plan) and can be available most of the season, he's more than capable of comfortably doubling that goals tally; he wasn't far off that when he played for us under Coyle in fact.

Hopefully this season can be when he comes into his own & we are all thankful that he signed a contract extension come next May.

• Like 5