BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

tyler morgan has played 1st team football and played in the champions league

charlie patino has never made one single appearance and makes lleighton clarkson look musclebound,that seas breeeze at blackpool is likely to blow him over

Well Tyler Morton can’t be that good if you can’t spell his name right 😂 I remember seeing Patino play for Arsenal in a league cup game, he looked really impressive I think he may have scored in the game also. Decent signing for Blackpool. And you say Patino is lightweight which he is but Morton is exactly the same…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

£2.5m from Barry Fry!? It’s in his interest it’s in to inflate the fee. The point I’m making is, who knows what the fee is and quite frankly, as fans do we really care? So long as he does the business, right?

Yes, it matters as it affects the financial wellbeing of the club, which affects our ability to buy more players to perform on the pitch, which affects us as fans. I'm not from the 'stick a blindfold over my eyes and carry on, ignoring what happens off the pitch' clan and never will be. I'm innately interested in such things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Prove it. I really don’t wanna go down this line…let’s see if he’s any good hey? If he’s brilliant it won’t matter a jot if he was about to get loaned out or not OR what he cost….if he’s shit then for us to have paid 50p for him will be a waste! 

Prove Peterborough had seen him play? Or prove they were considering loaning him to League One? Their chairman literally said it. It's not really possible to prove such a thing in football beyond that. Strange argument to try on.

Wait and see if he's any good? Oh you mean like I keep saying I will?

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

Well Tyler Morton can’t be that good if you can’t spell his name right 😂 I remember seeing Patino play for Arsenal in a league cup game, he looked really impressive I think he may have scored in the game also. Decent signing for Blackpool. And you say Patino is lightweight which he is but Morton is exactly the same…

morton is a better prospect no doubt

42 minutes ago, Mike E said:

And yet you chose to post about it instead of reporting it. ALSO something we're not fond of.

Think that's an astonishingly poor attitude but whatever, I'll say no more about any of this, as I've nothing nice to say.

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I know all of that. That doesn't mean we have paid an appropriate fee or not put too much weight on his late season purple patch. Scouts and managers fuck this up all the time. As I said, time will tell and obviously I wish for him to be a huge success.

JDT and Broughton won't have watched him live in a competitive game at all I should imagine. Personally I don't think that matters vs a full video, but some do.

We dont know what the fee is. 

You make a couple of valid but I'm sure Rovers would have done proper scouting, background checks on him. Let's see how he performs in a blue and white shirt now

2 hours ago, Neal said:

https://www.planetsport.com/soccer/news/barnsley-defender-poland-international-michal-helik-closes-record-lech-poznan-transfer

Barnsley have a greed a few with Poznan for Helik of 1.2 mill. Now I'd like to think that at that price we would've been all over that one. The only thing giving me hope is that we're looking to spend more on someone like Van Hecke. Otherwise, if we end up with crap loan and fed some nonsense about blocking pathways when a big polish international centre half was available for pittance... I won't be happy. 

There's a lot riding on how good a signing they make at centre half to define if this is a good or bad window because right now it's pretty poor and shows a lack of support for JDT. 

Maybe Rovers don't rate him as highly as you do. 

I don't know why you this window is poor when we upgrade at right back, sign a talent centre midfielder and number 10 that suits JDT style. 

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Charlie patino gone to Blackpool.  We should have been all over that 

Why? Is he any better than Tyler Morton? 

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Basically what Mike said.

Report posts and don’t clog up the threads responding to posts that you don’t think should be allowed, replying to these posts invalidates any complaints.

Sometimes mods have the audacity to go out with girls on a Wednesday night….

(It went well, seeing her again Friday, thanks for asking).

Well done, good work for a Wednesday night. Now back to the important stuff - like what’s the gossip on Rover’s potential signings? You need to get focused on that or you might make the fatal mistake of over-messaging her. Remember - focus - Rovers rumours  first - chats with women second. Then, hopefully, GB can get another signing through the door before Friday, so you can go on your date with a spring in your step and a smile on your face.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

40 mins to 48 mins he discusses the deal for Sammie, for anyone who is interested. Also discloses he blocked a loan move to Oxford in Jan, which SS was interested in.

I’m not sure I could listen, I saw a quote earlier and he said “smash it”, I hate that expression nearly as much as the annoying “absolute scenes” expression I see every week on the BBC’s and Sky’s coverage. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Basically what Mike said.

Report posts and don’t clog up the threads responding to posts that you don’t think should be allowed, replying to these posts invalidates any complaints.

Sometimes mods have the audacity to go out with girls on a Wednesday night….

(It went well, seeing her again Friday, thanks for asking).

image.gif.c99cf75a2e86ecc5ca881e95363b8524.gif

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Think that's an astonishingly poor attitude but whatever, I'll say no more about any of this, as I've nothing nice to say.

Note to self: Advising the recommended course of action that has been reiterated multiple times in many threads over many years is 'an astonishingly poor attitude'.

Gotcha.

I prefer to think of it as two wrongs don't make a right. So instead of responding to what you perceive to be a trolling post (thereby giving it more oxygen), just report it.

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

morton is a better prospect no doubt

I work in Liverpool &, as I did with both HE & LC have had multiple conversations with many a red over the last few days &, FWIW, I'm getting more Harvey than Leighton. 

Don't get me wrong, they're not buzzing about it like with Harvey (they seriously watched how he was doing for us), but also thought we were "paying back a favour" with LC.

From what I can gather, he's a good player, loads of potential,  & is likely to be a good addition. They're not buzzing like with Harvey, but are likely to be keeping an eye on how he does with us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

I work in Liverpool &, as I did with both HE & LC have had multiple conversations with many a red over the last few days &, FWIW, I'm getting more Harvey than Leighton. 

Don't get me wrong, they're not buzzing about it like with Harvey (they seriously watched how he was doing for us), but also thought we were "paying back a favour" with LC.

From what I can gather, he's a good player, loads of potential,  & is likely to be a good addition. They're not buzzing like with Harvey, but are likely to be keeping an eye on how he does with us.

Could also be Buckley plays more advanced at times too. 

6 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Talking to actual Scousers. How quaint!

For most of us it will be that ‘lifelong Liverpool fan’ in the east Lancs pub, street, office that will regale us with all his deep knowledge from watching those two CL games he played in on BT Sport!

• Like 5

Can we have some 7 year old kids in tears  holding up homemade signs saying Please Venkys sign JPVH 

At the game Saturday …seem to remember it working at Old Trafford once 🤔

Edited by AJW
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Anyone else worried about lack of Championship nous of our top two?

No, I think there’s plenty of Championship knowledge in the club with both playing and coaching staff. It’s very much a collaborative approach these days so there’s less chance of things being missed.