BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

If we're still hanging around waiting for answers from the clubs of van heck and van berg by end off the day on Tuesday then we need to forget about them and move on, surely to fck there are other decent defenders available out there!! 

Dack- feel sorry for the lad and that he's clearly not in JDTS plans, but no point in keeping him around to warm the bench and sulk if moving him frees up more room inthe salary dept for new players that are more up the manager ls street. Can't see anyone buying him untill he's proved his fitness but I'm sure there'd be plenty interest in clubs wanting to loan him and take on his salary 

BBD- clubs need to put up around £15mill(plus clauses for more 💰 in the future) or just shut up.  If the owners are holding out for 20mill+ up front they're going to end up with nothing again in 12 months other than more fan unrest seeing a star player leave for zilch. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

1 minute ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Luckily we're still in a healthy league position and a few of the other clubs that a lot had down as certain play off or auo promotion contenders are also stuttering. 

If we'd spent (and made) as much as Burnley and in 15th place after a month, I'd be getting twitchy.

Let's see how the team looks by the end of the transfer window. Clearly we're after a couple of defenders, and maybe a midfielder.

The big worry for me is there's no talk of bringing in a goalscorer and aside from BBD who alternates between Brereton and Diaz match to match, we don't have much if a goal threat up front. If he doesn't play well, we don't score.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, booth said:

If we'd spent (and made) as much as Burnley and in 15th place after a month, I'd be getting twitchy.

Let's see how the team looks by the end of the transfer window. Clearly we're after a couple of defenders, and maybe a midfielder.

The big worry for me is there's no talk of bringing in a goalscorer and aside from BBD who alternates between Brereton and Diaz match to match, we don't have much if a goal threat up front. If he doesn't play well, we don't score.

Why the bloody hell is anyone looking at the league table after 5 games ?? Burnley was 5th before the Blackpool equaliser now 15th  apparently..5 games lads ..5 games ..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

🙈🙈

Screenshot_20220820-195150_Twitter.jpg

Why is this because we don’t want to pay for quality. Our manager is starting to realise this. Waggot has set an unrealistic wage budget. That’s why smzodic has become the answer to the question. I don’t however absolve our manager of responsibility because if he thinks that that guy is better than Dack then it beggars belief.

• Like 6

• Moderation Lead

Are people really over reacting, or just annoyed we’ve been slapped 3-0 twice in a row? I don’t think people need to be judged on their levels of reaction in any event. We’re fully staffed for mods, we don’t need any amateurs adding to the ranks in any case….

I said a while ago that anyone who thought Van Hecke was coming back here was going to be very disappointed. There was nothing to be gained from the player's or Brighton's point of view of him coming back here. 

Why Sunderland? Very simply that they get an average attendance of 30,000 fans at their home games and Brighton need to see if he can cope with playing in front of a big fan base most weeks and the added pressure that brings. Sunderland have made some good signings tbf. Simms looks like a very good player.

Edited by rovers11
  • Like 2

I don't think any panicking about transfers is an overreaction at all at this stage. The reality is that the people who are saying things like "don't worry" have absolutely no idea what is going on behind the scenes so it's total guesswork if you're telling people to stay calm.

The FACTS so far are that not enough deals have been done and the squad isn't good enough, so it's right for the fans to push for that to improve quickly. Right now we find ourselves extremely short on numbers and stretched to a dangerous level physically. We got a hammering at Reading due to having too thin a squad and we got another one today because not enough quality has been brought in this summer and over the years.

What I can say is that this is far from solely down to Broughton. His task is a big one and it's to make up for years of transfer neglect, I can only sensibly assume this is by the owners and executives (unless I want to guess that Mowbray chose not to spend it), including last summer and last January when in 2nd (which beggars belief!), and bad planning.

It's a massive task for one summer but he has to find players, men not kids and bring them in quickly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

Disappointing but signing a new contract so Brighton expect him to be with them long-term. At least he's not going Sunderland permanent. We're probably banking VdB is as good as JPvH. Need another good CB from somewhere mind.

For me I'd much prefer a permanent cb than a loan for van hecke on top of van den berg. That being said who would we realistically get who is decent as a permanent cb.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

I said a while ago that anyone who thought Van Hecke was coming back here was going to be very disappointed. There was nothing to be gained from the player's or Brighton point of view of him coming back here. 

Why Sunderland? Very simply that they get an average attendance of 30,000 fans at their home games and Brighton need to see if he can cope with playing in front of a big fan base most weeks and the added pressure that brings. Sunderland have made some good signings tbf. Simms looks like a very good player.

He won't play in front of that many at Brighton - that's silly reasoning.