BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I refer you to own advice or the previous answer I gave or you can always put me on ignore. 

this is transfer thread so hoping for some news or links not all judgemental posts and opinions 

Of which you’ve made quite a few. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, J*B said:

We have a countdown on BRFCS.com for those who want to get really worked up about it - 10 days, 2 hours, 14 minutes until the window closes at time of writing. 

Thanks…. I think! 😂

15 minutes ago, 47er said:

I would toss away the "we prefer " bit and sign Van Hecke right now, any how we can. Work out the future as the season goes on.

Could make an enormous difference to our prospects for this season. We need a lift.

Fully agreed, really hope it's true,  he did say we went back in for him after the Sunderland news broke, hopefully the reason it's not been announced he's signed another Brighton contract is because Brighton are really considering our offer! Wonder if this is the special player fund coming into play 

Just really don't want to get my hopes up for them to be dashed

59 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

It's extraordinary how many replies he gets.  Absolute star of the show,  whether you agree with what he says or not.

He's a fantastic news aggregator with an almost eidetic memory for press conferences. A jolly Drudge Report for Rovers news. My enervated and jaded self can barely comprehend someone with such unrelenting cheerfulness and optimism. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Not casting aspersions or anything, but haven't we heard this 'outstanding candidate' crap before, in connection with a vital role in the running and development of Blackburn Rovers...? I wonder whether there will be any questions asked if, and of course it is a big IF, there are no further signings organised by the new man in the shadows, GB, before the deadline?

I expect there might well some indignant and entitled scrutiny of the credentials of the agent(s) who allegedly head-hunted GB for the role into which he has now mysteriously vanished, at least.

Man the lifeboats - more like deploy the defibrillator!

COYB!

Deluge.jpg

Good post. Yes, absolutely. If the window ends like this. Spotlight.

On a similar note, I was waiting for an opportunity to share the following for the puzzle players among us, and I know you like this game, Shirley. A nameless dot to dot character was spotted:

a) At the Hartlepool v Rovers game in pre season.

b) Tweeting about Lucas Joao being one of the Championship's best strikers, minutes after he had scored against Rovers last Wednesday. Thus suggesting he was keeping an eye on the Rovers game.

c) At the Hartlepool v Bradford game on Saturday. Days before Rovers play Bradford in the cup. Hmm.

Might just be a football lover and watching a local side or whatever, I guess. The Rovers link is what got the radar going. Stay alert, the game might not be over yet.

15 minutes ago, phili said:

I think the issue is not GB but the speed at which it takes to get approval from Venky's.

With the Brittain deal, GB and the Barnsley CEO provisionally agreed the deal and personal terms were agreed with Brittain in a day. It then took GB 2 weeks to get permission to complete the deal. The thank you in the press release was for honouring the provisional deal and not selling to anyone else in that time.

We are just not nimble enough and the decision making process is just extreme.

Interesting - that is not inconsistent with something else I heard.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Fully agreed, really hope it's true,  he did say we went back in for him after the Sunderland news broke, hopefully the reason it's not been announced he's signed another Brighton contract is because Brighton are really considering our offer! Wonder if this is the special player fund coming into play 

Just really don't want to get my hopes up for them to be dashed

Hoping this is not old news as I believe we went in with a bid then a slightly improved bid before the news about him potentially  signing a new contract with Brighton and then going back out on loan to Sunderland broke.

If it's a new new bid that is enough to persuade Brighton to sell him instead that would be a massive boost for everyone, plug one of the major gaps in the squad and hopefully give us the impetus  to finish off the transfer window in style.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Hoping this is not old news as I believe we went in with a bid then a slightly improved bid before the news about him potentially  signing a new contract with Brighton and then going back out on loan to Sunderland broke.

If it's a new new bid that is enough to persuade Brighton to sell him instead that would be a massive boost for everyone, plug one of the major gaps in the squad and hopefully give us the impetus  to finish off the transfer window in style.

I'd do cartwheels in the nude in my back yard if we pulled a deal for van hecke off .. maybe JUST maybe the leak about him signing a deal and going out on loan was Brighton being cheeky getting some more money out of us 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Good post. Yes, absolutely. If the window ends like this. Spotlight.

On a similar note, I was waiting for an opportunity to share the following for the puzzle players among us, and I know you like this game, Shirley. A nameless dot to dot character was spotted:

a) At the Hartlepool v Rovers game in pre season.

b) Tweeting about Lucas Joao being one of the Championship's best strikers, minutes after he had scored against Rovers last Wednesday. Thus suggesting he was keeping an eye on the Rovers game.

c) At the Hartlepool v Bradford game on Saturday. Days before Rovers play Bradford in the cup. Hmm.

Might just be a football lover and watching a local side or whatever, I guess. The Rovers link is what got the radar going. Stay alert, the game might not be over yet.

WTF are you two taking about?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Is 4 enough? The model is clearly broken. Our wages ceiling is too low to attract top players ie promotion standard, and too low to keep the ones we develop. Yet curiously our ticket prices are at the higher end and, in particular, higher than our local rivals. Crazy.

Seriously we look like becoming a yo-yo club---but between the Championship and the 1st Div.

Do we though? We’ve never once looked like going back down to league one since coming back up and I highly doubt we’ll be back there anytime soon. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bethnal said:

I deleted Twitter because my searches were embarrassing.

Van Hecke sunderland

brereton leave

styles blackburn

The list goes on. I find myself looking at the forum twice or so a day. The thread title is helpful. Easy to figure out that the new pages are just arguing/recriminations.

More interestingly, I find myself in a weird conflict with myself about what to make of it all.

Part of me is furious with the complexion of the squad after the two most recent defeats. Another part of me sees two centre backs out injured and makes me wonder, “would I hire new people that may become entirely surplus to requirements in a fortnight, if I was temporarily short-staffed?” It depends on the circumstances, but generally no. I’d make do.

There are aspects of other positions that fall similarly. With Ben; do you replace an asset you’ve got for 9 months now or once it’s expired? I’d milk the existing asset and line up a replacement at that juncture, especially if finances are tight.

In centre mid; If I had two juniors that were coming along nicely, I wouldn’t hire someone with a few years’ experience to come in above them stymie their progress and demotivate them.

Here’s the most frustrating bit for me: I’m beginning to accept the fact that if anyone outside of my business were to question my decisions, I’d take it on board and politely invite them to jog on. I’ve often had to with shareholders and very rarely with a client. In a sense, this is what Broughton’s attitude is.

As a football club, the dynamic between the club itself and the fans is so specific, so unique. Our investment is so much greater than the average customer, which is why we get so upset about it and I don’t think that’s wrong. But on functional business level, Broughton’s kind of doing the right thing by not saying anything and - at least I bloody well hope so - getting on with the task at hand.

We have to assume (for now, at least) this is all in hand and that a version of the recruitment strategy - a successful end result, that is - will be implemented by the window’s close.

So basically we shouldn't sign anyone then this summer. We need new cbs. Just because two cb are going to be fit in two weeks time doesn't mean another two won't get injured at the same time later in the year. The young players you mentioned that you don't want a more experienced person sling the job atm, aint ready yet. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phili said:

I think the issue is not GB but the speed at which it takes to get approval from Venky's.

With the Brittain deal, GB and the Barnsley CEO provisionally agreed the deal and personal terms were agreed with Brittain in a day. It then took GB 2 weeks to get permission to complete the deal. The thank you in the press release was for honouring the provisional deal and not selling to anyone else in that time.

We are just not nimble enough and the decision making process is just extreme.

This is exactly how I imagine all our transfer activity pans out.

GB is getting a load of grief but people are overlooking all the previous transfer Windows. Apparently he will talk in September, well at this rate he will be talking to say stick your fucking job just like most people would if they're working with such morons.

It does beg the question why they've even bothered bringing him to the club if they're not prepared to co-operate.

What's Suhail doing whilst this is all going on, or not going on? Isn't he supposed to speak to the loons in Pune daily?

Nevermind though we'll announce some prayers on the pitch or an under 13 player signing a deal soon to try and keep the fans upbeat.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Interesting - that is not inconsistent with something else I heard.

Imagine that. We appoint a new manager and head of recruitment, but still have the same old problem of decision makers not being available to ensure they succeed. Why on earth do we bother? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JonJonTheDon said:

Do we though? We’ve never once looked like going back down to league one since coming back up and I highly doubt we’ll be back there anytime soon. 

Yo yo between 8th and 15th seems to be more accurate.