BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Yeah he's not good enough for the Championship. Clearly a decent L2 player.

He should be a squad player at first team level not a starter we should have proper goal scoring back up before we throw in the kids.

That's not looking like how it's going to work here though it's kids first then scrabble around for something else when desperate.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I think Van Hecke was probably identified by our previous recruitment guy who then legged it to league 1 Sunderland.

No surprise they are in pole position now if he's pushing it, if he's still there.

are they in pole position as far as Van Hecke goes though, pretty sure if Hecke really wanted to go there that deal would have been done by now

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

are they in pole position as far as Van Hecke goes though, pretty sure if Hecke really wanted to go there that deal would have been done by now

We'd only know that for sure if it came to a straight choice between going there and coming back here.

Something tells me he might fancy a new challenge he seems the type.

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Wonder how much? 

Gordon off for £60m, Diaz for £15-£20m?

Yeah feels like this one will happen. They're been interested for a while, they have a big fee coming in, known price well addordable compared to that fee, week to the end of the transfer window. Pretty nailed on. 

A bit like Armstrong though I am not really sure he can make it at Prem level, such a big step up. 

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

bad times, we won't get anywhere near to replacing him

Won't we? 

Like for like, probably not, but it's a squad game. If we could bring in better players than Vale, Gallagher, Dolan and Markanday with the proceeds it's a net win.

We need to get this piece of business done now.

• Like 2

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Won't we? 

Like for like, probably not, but it's a squad game. If we could bring in better players than Vale, Gallagher, Dolan and Markanday with the proceeds it's a net win.

We need to get this piece of business done now.

If they are the benchmark of any new addition, then we really aren't aiming high.

Just now, Butty said:

If it is to be done then so be it, there’s still time left in the window for us to spend some of it hopefully. Huge loss regardless when he goes, impossible to replace with one player, we need 4 or 5 in. 

C5B6D0AF-CAFF-412E-A97C-281DF198B7C5.png

For the best for all parties. Let’s see how Gregg reacts, I imagine his success at Rovers could be determined by the next 9(?) days..

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah feels like this one will happen. They're been interested for a while, they have a big fee coming in, known price well addordable compared to that fee, week to the end of the transfer window. Pretty nailed on. 

A bit like Armstrong though I am not really sure he can make it at Prem level, such a big step up. 

He might be a decent squad player in the PL, but yeah I don't think he's a difference maker.

Just now, J*B said:

For the best for all parties. Let’s see how Gregg reacts, I imagine his success at Rovers could be determined by the next 9(?) days..

Certainly not doubting his part in a lack of players so far. But this instance will hinge more on the money available for a replacement, so down to Venkys.

Based on last summer, time to worry.