BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

50 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

5 years ago id be happy with this,  seems very odd, he's not a ball playing CB? He's a tough tackler yeah but now 30 years old, just doesn't seem the type of signing JDT would want..I'm on the fence if I'm going to be brutally honest, he has championship experience etc just seems a really odd signing [if true]

Last few years have been nothing to write home about either. Can't get in the team at Fenerbache, played for Dundee just 14 times. Had trouble with drink and gambling addiction too. Would be filed under desperate to be honest if we signed him. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Last few years have been nothing to write home about either. Can't get in the team at Fenerbache, played for Dundee just 14 times. Had trouble with drink and gambling addiction too. Would be filed under desperate to be honest if we signed him. 

And here we are, at page 614, and less than a week to go, without a clear indication of how we are going to fill the obvious gaps in the ranks of our defending resources. Desperate sounds like an understatement when you put it in that context 😉

Having said that, it would depend upon the basis for the signing - a 2 or 3 year contract for someone in his situation and recent track record would be scandalous. A shorter commitment night suit both sides.

What a deadline day it’s going to be! 🥳

who is going to replace Brereton then? 

if we are looking at Coventry for players I would like Gyokeres 

another name worth looking at is Keinan Davis and also maybe Mark Harris who our head of recruitment know well. That would maybe include Luke Jephcott. 

it isn’t very inspiring. Not many strikers out there 

Edited by alexanders

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just as an example, who is really worth decent money out of the current squad, I'd say Kaminsky, Scott Wharton, Travis and Brereton.

Maybe Buckley if he becomes more consistent, maybe Dack if he got back to his best and (for his age) Phillips based on his likely transfer value.

The rest - meh - if they don't like it they know where the door is.

That's 6-7 players at best not 25. Ought to be room for a few more higher earners.

Ayala is worth as much as this lots sans BBD

1 hour ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Imagine if we got Hyam and Caulker instead of van den Berg and van Hecke at the end of this transfer window after all the hype.

They do sound like down grades - but at least we are looking at Plan Bs. For both Vans we are at the whim of their current clubs - one with injury problems, one seemingly struggling to sort out a contract extension.

It’s getting rather desperate now isn’t it?

JDT joined the club 2 months ago and we still haven’t plugged any of the gaps left by outgoing players from last season.

On his appointment he said:

“We have a young team here, and also a great academy, and the owners have a clear vision, which is to develop players and become a sustainable Premier League club over time, so I’m really happy to be involved in this exciting new chapter,” Tomasson said.

Well JDT, you can’t say you didn’t know what you were signing up for……

Edited by Gav

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

We're not going back to these odds debates are we 🤣 

The number of new managers people believed on here before JDT came in was off the scale..  

I think someone on here, put some decent money on Bradford to win on Tuesday. Odds can be miss leading, but given that I spotted this when doing my weekly accumulator I thought I would share it. 

23 minutes ago, Gav said:

It’s getting rather desperate now isn’t it?

JDT joined the club 2 months ago and we still haven’t plugged any of the gaps left by outgoing players from last season.

On his appointment he said:

“We have a young team here, and also a great academy, and the owners have a clear vision, which is to develop players and become a sustainable Premier League club over time, so I’m really happy to be involved in this exciting new chapter,” Tomasson said.

Well JDT, you can’t say you didn’t know what you were signing up for……

Venky hstory suggests that waiting till the last day of the window never works for us.  Anyone pinning their hopes on getting 4-5 in in one day is going to be bitterly disappointed. 

Another week passes and we haven't added any depth to the squad. 

If bodies aren't in the building by the time we tonk the Tangerines, it will be time to close the thread! 

At least we can Ask Gregg next Friday 🎉

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Venky hstory suggests that waiting till the last day of the window never works for us.  Anyone pinning their hopes on getting 4-5 in in one day is going to be bitterly disappointed. 

If bodies aren't in the building by the time we tonk the Tangerines, it will be time to close the thread! 

We did a bit of buisness deadline day the year Harvey Elliot joined.

I'm worried aswell but Brittain was a couple of weeks in the making before media got sniff of it similar now with this Hyam apparently we been bidding at least a couple of weeks and only reported yesterday.

Other bids and discussions will be happening.I do expect we will bring in at least 4 players before cut off. 

2 hours ago, alexanders said:

What a deadline day it’s going to be! 🥳

who is going to replace Brereton then? 

if we are looking at Coventry for players I would like Gyokeres 

another name worth looking at is Keinan Davis and also maybe Mark Harris who our head of recruitment know well. That would maybe include Luke Jephcott. 

it isn’t very inspiring. Not many strikers out there 

I'm pretty sure Keinan Davis went to Watford on loan. 

• Like 1

• J*B changed the title to Transfer Window Discussion - Brere-Gone?
44 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

To be honest Mowbray worked wonders in the final days of last seasons transfer window with only £1.99 to spend, but your main point is spot on Wing Wizard.

I watched a Sheff Utd side rip us to pieces last Saturday, they've already done there business, a side going places which included a very lively Khadra that we got nowhere near all afternoon.

Apathetic is the word, it starts in Pune, why should anyone give a toss if the owners don't.........

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

To be honest Mowbray worked wonders in the final days of last seasons transfer window with only £1.99 to spend, but your main point is spot on Wing Wizard.

I watched a Sheff Utd side rip us to pieces last Saturday, they've already done there business, a side going places which included a very lively Khadra that we got nowhere near all afternoon.

Apathetic is the word, it starts in Pune, why should anyone give a toss if the owners don't.........

I didnt even notice Khadra. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

5 years ago id be happy with this,  seems very odd, he's not a ball playing CB? He's a tough tackler yeah but now 30 years old, just doesn't seem the type of signing JDT would want..I'm on the fence if I'm going to be brutally honest, he has championship experience etc just seems a really odd signing [if true]

Interesting, I’d be happier with this now than 5 years ago personally 

Waggott, Pasha and Venkys are laughing through all this.

Broughton made into the fall guy. All media and fan focus on him. Barely a mention of the real issues and problems at the Club.

I'm increasingly convinced that's all Broughton's appointment was - to take the others out of the spotlight and put an outsider into the firing line for the next round of cuts.

• Like 3