BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

• Backroom

Got to be honest whilst some of the signings seem the right kind of idea (Brittain and Hyam) if these were Mowbray signings I’d be moaning about a lack of imagination.

All the links seem to be from the English leagues, you’d hope we’d be unearthing some gems from a little further afield.

Seems to be players that have agents working for moves rather than us having a clear plan. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I reckon there's a guy from the bank turning up at the STC tomorrow.

Someone overheard "don't forget, the guy from Barclays is coming tomorrow" whilst reading up on this morning's footy news.

Reads that Ross Barkley has been released,  puts 2+2 together & gets 27!

I heard it was 'Barclays bank are meeting Waggott at the STC to finalise the loan for the lad we're signing from Ross County'

• Like 5

• Backroom
1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

Loan to buy will be similar to Zeefuik. Fee agreed, we have option to exercise it, or walk away.

That fee i believe is £5 million, which is some statement of intent, and falls under next seasons budget

I think that'd be fair, and a bargain if he performs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Loan to buy will be similar to Zeefuik. Fee agreed, we have option to exercise it, or walk away.

That fee i believe is £5 million, which is some statement of intent, and falls under next seasons budget

Doubt he is going to impress enough for us to want to pay that.

Agree it's a statement of intent...our intent to not actually buy him, just like Zeefuik was never realistically getting bought either.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I wonder if this means time up for Gally.

Pity he's injured otherwise Sunderland might have come in for him.

Having said that, if deal agreed with Mowbray what the feck is the delay - a new Pope is appointed more quickly!

• Like 1

Really underwhelmed by the potential loan signing of Hirst. Not a particularly impressive goal return at a lower level and as an initial loan, would have been more excited with his calibre had it been a permanent deal. Lets see though, maybe a late developer.

We did badly need a striker as Vale is nowhere near up to it, but is Gallagher and Hirst as 2 striking options the armoury of a top 6 side? Not for me, especially if their responsibility increases upon the potential sale of Brereton. Will Hirst play wide too?

Tomasson laid down the gauntlet expecting 3 signings today and some money to be spent, a slow start with Hirst, lets hope it picks up with the other 2.

Wonder if his loan signing can be done before 12, could he be on the bench tomorrow night?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Really underwhelmed by the potential loan signing of Hirst. Not a particularly impressive goal return at a lower level and as an initial loan, would have been more excited with his calibre had it been a permanent deal. Lets see though, maybe a late developer.

We did badly need a striker as Vale is nowhere near up to it, but is Gallagher and Hirst as 2 striking options the armoury of a top 6 side? Not for me, especially if their responsibility increases upon the potential sale of Brereton. Will Hirst play wide too?

Tomasson laid down the gauntlet expecting 3 signings today and some money to be spent, a slow start with Hirst, lets hope it picks up with the other 2.

Wonder if his loan signing can be done before 12, could he be on the bench tomorrow night?

Understand his contract is up at the end of the season. If that’s the case and he hasn’t signed a long term deal, could be a trail then a free if he works out. 

Edit- just seen Sharpes post on his new deal. Loan with option 

Edited by yankfan
New info