BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What worries me is that if I was looking realistically for a player capable of playing the BBD role - Dembele would be high on that list.

Yeah I think he’s a ready made back up to soften the blow if Ben goes this window. Can’t see it happening if Ben is still a rover tomorrow 

nearly spit my coffee out when I read this on the sky sports ticker. 

Luckly its a different Adama Traore!

Hull sign Traore on two-year deal

Hull City have completed the free signing of Mali international Adama Traore on a two-year deal after he left Hatayspor.

The 27-year-old, whose deal includes a one-year club option, arrives on Humberside after making 54 appearances during a two-year spell with the Turkish Süper Lig outfit, assisting nine goals.

Just woke up from night shift to the announcement of Mola. Gregg spot on with recruitment so far, Hirst, Bola, with options to buy. Add them with Adam Wharton, Buckley, Dolan, Phillips, There’s some good young English talent here to express themselves and potentially a good way to build the club financially. Hopefully it pans out #coyb

• Like 3

Just now, Jlee1984 said:

Just woke up from night shift to the announcement of Mola. Gregg spot on with recruitment so far, Hirst, Bola, with options to buy. Add them with Adam Wharton, Buckley, Dolan, Phillips, There’s some good young English talent here to express themselves and potentially a good way to build the club financially. Hopefully it pans out #coyb

Do they let you sleep on the night shift ? Must be a great place to work.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, superniko said:

We have Watford in 2 weeks. Hopefully someone comes in and swoops up Sarr and Pedro last minute tonight! Always good to play relegated clubs once the window has closed.

Watford have a ridiculous amount of quality players, if it clicks they will run away with this league. 

• Like 1

Just now, TruRover said:

Apologies, no info. I just can’t see it, would be too good of a signing.

Also, didn’t Sharpe say there was nothing in it 

It sounds like it's definitely in negotiation as has been confirmed from multiple angles including local Bournemouth press and people on here. Would be a major surprise if there was nothing in it.

Also Scott Parker prior to chopping block has already said Dembele wanted to leave.

Unsure really what to make of the Mola deal, minimal first team experience so hard to know what to think.

Versatility could be very useful especially being able to cover left back where I am fine with Pickering but not with Edun.

How ready is he for instant involvement would be a big question, ideally he could play on Saturday assuming neither Ayala or Wharton play to allow Carter to play at right back and Travis alongside Adam Wharton in midfield.

Tomasson said the other day that 3 more were expected and money is there still to be spent, so 2 loanees wouldn't be enough.

As it stands, it would be a below par window with also the inevitable loss of Brereton for free. Keeping him would also diminish the FFP excuse going forward.

Dembele seems to have other suitors, would be a nice surprise as a permanent and good even on loan but the LT don't seem to think it is likely. @JoeH where did you hear that he is having a medical?

21 hours ago, Mercer said:

Barring several rabbits being pulled out of the hat before the window closes, to me it's been very underwhelming and we are well short.

10 players out at close of last season (5 1st team regulars and 5 squaddies).

In of proven ability at Championship level: Brittain and Hyman.

Should be okay at Championship level: Morton.

Unproven at Championship level: Szmodics and Hirst (if signing completed)

Emerging talent at Championship level: Carter, Phillips and Andy Wharton.

So 10 out, 8 in of which 2 have big question marks against (Szmodics and Hirst) and 3 who have yet to prove they can cut it at Championship level over a sustained run of games (Carter, Phillips and Andy Wharton).

So at best we are 2 short and at worse 5 short and that is before injuries, suspensions or BBD leaving!

Factor in injuries: Barnes' season over, Brittain and Gallagher seemingly out for 6 weeks.  Ayala yet to happen!!!

Finally, the BBD question - will he stay or will he go!? 

To me, our squad is at breaking point and as things stand, mid table would be an outstanding result. 

Where have you heard about Brittain and Gallagher are out for 6 weeks?