BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (a) - 20/3/22

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

If you read properly I corrected it to say I will give you kean as more damaging for the relegation out the premier league.

The credit- for all it is- for the promotion from league 1, not winners mind you, is well and truly spent now. It wasn’t pretty to watch In the first place 

Did we get promoted? Yes. Job done. Move on. 

I rather Mowbray than Kean and Coyle every day of week and twice on Sunday in the Rovers dugout

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

the football under Kean was dire by far. Coyle's football wasnt much better. 

Mowbray isnt anywhere near that level and never will be

Some of our recent performances have been right down there. Yesterday for a start. I couldn’t stand Coyle from day one but let’s have it right - they gave him a handful of magic beans to spend in the transfer market. He didn’t get to spend £7mill and then £5mill on two strikers.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What is with the obsession of sentimental selections of peoples coaching staff including ex players? It should be a simple case of appointing whoever and letting them pick who they want.

I would like former Rovers player on the coaching staff whoever the next manager/head coach is. That's my opinion. If you don't fair enough. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would like former Rovers player on the coaching staff whoever the next manager/head coach is. That's my opinion. If you don't fair enough. 

Sentimental nonsense. Why dont we only consider people who have played for us while we are at it? Appoint the best man and allow him to pick whoever he wants.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Sentimental nonsense. Why dont we only consider people who have played for us while we are at it? Appoint the best man and allow him to pick whoever he wants.

Fair enough if that's your opinion but mine is different. 

Mowbray has picked who he wanted Venus, Lowe, Johnson, etc. 

I suspect the new manager will bring who he wants whoever that new man. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The only ex player that has done anything as a manager here was Mark Hughes. That’s unless you count Tony Parkes. I don’t care if they come from the dark side of the moon as long as they know what they’re doing.

• Like 4

The more I think about this I’ve come to the conclusion that it doesn’t really matter who we get. When the whole club is set up for failure, and more to the point used to failure, no one man is ever going to pull it around. January being a classic example. We’re in the best position we’ve been in since the chicken chokers rocked up and what do we do - sign five bits and pieces players who haven’t done a tap between them. Souey signed one class act,  Berkovic, who propelled us to promotion. I rest my case.

Sorry, Giles has one assist.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The only ex player that has done anything as a manager here was Mark Hughes. That’s unless you count Tony Parkes. I don’t care if they come from the dark side of the moon as long as they know what they’re doing.

I'm talking about a former Rovers player who is qualify coach being on the Coaching Staff. 

Mowbray should have change his coaching staff last summer. He could have brought in James Beattie for example on to the coaching staff to work with the Strikers. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The more I think about this I’ve come to the conclusion that it doesn’t really matter who we get. When the whole club is set up for failure, and more to the point used to failure, no one man is ever going to pull it around. January being a classic example. We’re in the best position we’ve been in since the chicken chokers rocked up and what do we do - sign five bits and pieces players who haven’t done a tap between them. Souey signed one class act,  Berkovic, who propelled us to promotion. I rest my case.

If he played Giles in his proper position we much actually have that class act. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm talking about a former Rovers player who is qualify coach being on the Coaching Staff. 

Mowbray should have change his coaching staff last summer. He could have brought in James Beattie for example on to the coaching staff to work with the Strikers. 

A fella who passes your coaching qualifying criteria as he played a handful of games here twenty five years ago. How ridiculously silly. 😅

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think we need a transplant surgeon to work with Gally. I’ve come to the conclusion that his feet are on the wrong legs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has been far from useless and he got promotion from league 1 at the first time

No guarantee in a new manager bounce at all. 

I think I would like to Johnson and Dunn on the coaching staff on a new manager next season

Mowbray himself told us in Blues 2 or 3 years ago that he was appointed to keep Rovers in the Championship - we were relegated so he failed - end of.  If a roofer tells me he can fix my leaking roof but it still p1sses in then then he's failed.  This is not rocket science.

Would not have Dunn in any capacity.  Will not forget his 'support' for Kean.  As a football manager / coach, I see no track record of success with him - IMO, a failure in that field.

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

the football under Kean was dire by far. Coyle's football wasnt much better. 

Mowbray isnt anywhere near that level and never will be

IMO, some of the football under Mowbray has been absolute dire worse than anything I've seen in some 60 years watching Rovers.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Mowbray himself told us in Blues 2 or 3 years ago that he was appointed to keep Rovers in the Championship - we were relegated so he failed - end of.  If a roofer tells me he can fix my leaking roof but it still p1sses in then then he's failed.  This is not rocket science.

Would not have Dunn in any capacity.  Will not forget his 'support' for Kean.  As a football manager / coach, I see no track record of success with him - IMO, a failure in that field.

IMO, some of the football under Mowbray has been absolute dire worse than anything I've seen in some 60 years watching Rovers.

I watched a programme the other day about drink driving. They had a guy wearing “ beer goggles “ that are blurred and reproduce the effect of having had a few pints. He was trying to drive a car. When I see some of our passing I think the players are wearing “ beer goggles “.

This might sound mad, and many might not agree, but I liked Coyle's character more than I do Mowbray's. I'm not saying that Coyle was a good manager or that I want him back. He should never have been appointed.

Looking back on it though, he was a jovial guy, he didn't come across as arrogant, he wasn't stubborn and he didn't disrespect the fans. We needed strikers, he went and got us Gallagher, Emnes and Joao to go with Graham who was already at the club. He didn't have any funds either. He got the best out of Gally. Yes, he could and did waffle, but he didn't piss me off as much as Mowbray does.

On likeability alone, between the two of them, I would choose Coyle every day of the week.

• Like 5

One episode in the game that summed it up for me. This may be my mind playing tricks but here we go. A good pass into the Reading box from the left wing, Dack gets the ball under control, but a poor finish that the keeper parries, the saved shot falls to Gallagher, who falls on his arse. The ball rolls to another Rovers player, who lashes out at it, as if the whistle has already been blown. The ball ends up in the stand. These are meant to be fucking professionals.  

5 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

This might sound mad, and many might not agree, but I liked Coyle's character more than I do Mowbray's. I'm not saying that Coyle was a good manager or that I want him back. He should never have been appointed.

Looking back on it though, he was a jovial guy, he didn't come across as arrogant, he wasn't stubborn and he didn't disrespect the fans. We needed strikers, he went and got us Gallagher, Emnes and Joao to go with Graham who was already at the club. He didn't have any funds either. He got the best out of Gally. Yes, he could and did waffle, but he didn't piss me off as much as Mowbray does.

On likeability alone, between the two of them, I would choose Coyle every day of the week.

if you went out for a pint with coyle it would end up messy,with him dancing on the bar swigging a bottle of tequila getting chucked out and causing much amusement,you could`nt take him seriously

going out for a pint with mowbray would involve  taking two hours to drink his mild while he moans about the state of the north east,after 9.30 pm he leaves to get a fish supper

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We started with 3 at the back, playing wing backs.

He switched to 4 at the back when he brought Hedges and Dack on in the second half - and yes, we're significantly worse defensively playing a back 4.

For me he started with a back four with Lenihan at right back. And then ahead of them it was three in the middle and three up front.

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if you went out for a pint with coyle it would end up messy,with him dancing on the bar swigging a bottle of tequila getting chucked out and causing much amusement,you could`nt take him seriously

going out for a pint with mowbray would involve  taking two hours to drink his mild while he moans about the state of the north east,after 9.30 pm he leaves to get a fish supper

I doubt it, Coyle doesn't drink.

51 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think we need a transplant surgeon to work with Gally. I’ve come to the conclusion that his feet are on the wrong legs.

.... with concrete is his boots. The ball bounces off him like it does off a wall

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

He got 2 weeks to work on playing with a back 4 now. The 3 at back isn't working anymore as Reading carved us several times in the first half

Whether we play 4 or 5 at the back at least we have Nyambe - our only competent right sided player back available.

• Like 1