BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (a) - 20/3/22

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Not quite like for like. That was a bad but brief slump. Plus we had undoubted quality to turn it round.

This has been going on for three months and we have nowhere near the quality of player these days.

We also had one of the best managers in the country who players could look up to.

Contrast that with Mowbray, arms folded in the corner, muttering to himself like Marvin the paranoid android.

• Like 1

I think our Tony has done a wonderful job over the past 5 years. Just look at the league table. We are still in the play-off places. It really is a wonderful journey and we are nearly there. Just keep the faith in our Tones. It'll all come good in the end. What's a little defeat? Just a hiccup.

Again, look at the league table.

On the upside, why not put a cheeky little tenner on us to get relegated next season with Mowbray in charge?

It represents, IMO, excellent value for money and I for one will be uncorking a nice 2007 Chateaux d'Yquem this evening at the prospect of Alex Neill leading us to promotion from League One in the 2023/24 season!!

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No goals in the last 7 away games. Simply not good. 

We haven't been good enough today. don't deserved anything today. 

Mowbray got his team selection and tactics wrong today. Over complicated it again. He doesn't learn does he. 

Yet you still back him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Gav said:

It happened countless times in 80’s den, this is nothing unique. 

Bullsh1t!

IMO, none of our managers back in those days were as tactically inept as this clown.

3 hours ago, Gav said:

I’d happily take mid table this season for a change of ownership.

The wiser ones amongst us know, that’s the only way this football club will progress. 

VENKYS OUT

The wise ones know that you first need a half decent manager!

The owners DO NOT select the players, play players out of position or set the team up with diabolical TACTICS.  One person only is to blame for this tactical mess and that's, IMO, Pep Mowbray! 

3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I don't understand.

How come Luton don't need a 5 year (and counting) journey ?

Spot on.

The wise ones amongst us don't buy, IMO, the Mowbray bullsh!t.

Made no prediction today on this MB.

I lost all faith with our manager after Wednesday's debacle even though we won.  I think Mowbray has lost the dressing room and totally, totally lost the plot.  The only good thing to come out of today is I backed Reading!!!

I would sack, IMO, this absolute clown of a manager tonight and appoint Warnock until the end of the season with a £1million bonus if he gets us up.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 6

Not on the front foot, starting games like last season gifting the opposition chances. Second half a lot better, came close through Buckley and Dack - not sure what Gallagher was trying to do.  Is he doing a Duffy and confusing which team he's on?

The referee let the game be way too physical and players getting away with blatant fouls. I really feared for Dack coming into this one.

As much as Gallagher frustrates me I think him and Dack upfront unless Breo is fully fit is the way to go for Coventry. A lot of time for them both to train well and Dack makes his teammates so much better with his smartness. Rothwell is having a poor run, Dolan is highly ineffective most of the time. Wahhhh how we miss Breo in this team. Keep fighting and anything can happen, but this team has punched the air out of me so many times over the years - the 'false' hope is the killer. Oh, and Hedges is nowhere close to play-off level, I honestly can't see what he brings to the table.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mercer said:

The wise ones know that you first need a half decent manager!

The owners DO NOT select the players, play players out of position or set the team up with diabolical TACTICS.  One person only is to blame for this tactical mess and that's, IMO, Pep Mowbray! 

But the owners do select the manager, and they've been selecting him for 5 years.

• Like 2

Hedges is a complete nonentity. He does absolutely nothing but look to pass immediately to the nearest player. No skill, no presence, no clue. Who recommended this player as its clear even Mowbray doesn't rate him either.

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

But the owners do select the manager, and they've been selecting him for 5 years.

Exactly. People are constantly complaining about Mogga and Maggot being shit without ever asking the question "who gave them the job?".

There seems to be a mass case of amnesia amongst a large section of our fanbase. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alcd said:

Hedges is a complete nonentity. He does absolutely nothing but look to pass immediately to the nearest player. No skill, no presence, no clue. Who recommended this player as its clear even Mowbray doesn't rate him either.

You mean he actually played today? 

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

More pertinently, they select the CEO.

If they chose to select a real one, with pedigree and football related nouse, that in turn would lead to a good chance of a decent manager being appointed.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 3

Just got home. Very long day, Lancaster to Reading and back. Just not good enough. Forget missed chances, the whole balance and set up of the team is way off it. 

No chance of the playoffs. I hope that TM is shown the door the second the playoffs are mathematically impossible. At this rate won't be long to wait.

Needs freshening up for players and fans. New voice, new ideas.

• Like 3

Truly diabolical game, featuring two teams deciding to just forgo the use of midfield for 90 minutes. Hedges bottled it and disappeared, truly out of his depth away at Reading. When will he ever be of any use if he can't manage that? Useless.

If someone offered me to end the season right now but with us in 7th I'd snatch their hand off, I can't take this slow-motion trainwreck any longer. While we're on hypotheticals, I'd also rather than play with 10 men instead of seeing another minute of Gallagher and his double peg leg act. Today was 90 minutes of chasing shadows, giving away free kicks, and controlling the ball as if he played in clogs. Useless!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

The difference between then and now is that the people running the club were actually trying to get us promoted. 

Good point but there's a fair few other differences as well. 

Back then no one thought playing a DM whose legs had gone as a false 9 was a good idea. 

Back then we didn't have 4+ years of totally falling away in utter freefall post Christmas. 

Back then the owners knew something about football. 

Chalk and cheese really. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, alcd said:

I said at the time he was nowhere near good enough and some disagreed 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

"You have to drive the guy next to you on and that is what football is and some of them have fallen a bit short in that area but that is because they are so young and have been nowhere near the top half of the Championship

So predictable. I was saying a few days ago that when we miss out altogether in May, his go to will be the gallant "young lads" who just "fell a bit short" narrative.

He's going with those lines already and taking himself out of the equation. Planting the seed that the young lads can't cope with the pressure as they have never been near the top end.

No doubt there will be posts across social media soon saying things like "what did you expect, we've got a young side" and "you can't expect a young side to finish in the top 2, we don't have parachute payments" blah blah.

Five years have passed and we are back to square one in the summer when all the players depart. What a waste of everybody's time. Only under these owners can such a thing be possible.

Pulis was mentioned a few pages back. There's a real possibility of him replacing Mowbray at some point, due to his agency connection. I'm not enthused by the idea, but he isn't one to throw away opportunities to win and then just shrug it off, so he would be an improvement on Mowbray.

• Like 5

Pulis was mentioned a few pages back. There's a real possibility of him replacing Mowbray at some point, due to his agency connection. I'm not enthused by the idea, but he isn't one to throw away opportunities to win and then just shrug it off, so he would be an improvement on Mowbray

there is no b****t with pulis,it won`t be pretty or subtle but he`ll win us games and tell us the truth if we don`t,anyone not putting 100% in or just not good enough will be jettisoned quickly

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Good point but there's a fair few other differences as well. 

Back then no one thought playing a DM whose legs had gone as a false 9 was a good idea. 

Back then we didn't have 4+ years of totally falling away in utter freefall post Christmas. 

Back then the owners knew something about football. 

Chalk and cheese really. 

Back then Blackburn Rovers was a football club you could be proud to be a part of.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Pulis was mentioned a few pages back. There's a real possibility of him replacing Mowbray at some point, due to his agency connection. I'm not enthused by the idea, but he isn't one to throw away opportunities to win and then just shrug it off, so he would be an improvement on Mowbray

there is no b****t with pulis,it won`t be pretty or subtle but he`ll win us games and tell us the truth if we don`t,anyone not putting 100% in or just not good enough will be jettisoned quickly

The man’s a dinosaur sgg, he set Boro back years, he would be an abysmal appointment and should be left in retirement. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

So predictable. I was saying a few days ago that when we miss out altogether in May, his go to will be the gallant "young lads" who just "fell a bit short" narrative.

He's going with those lines already and taking himself out of the equation. Planting the seed that the young lads can't cope with the pressure as they have never been near the top end.

No doubt there will be posts across social media soon saying things like "what did you expect, we've got a young side" and "you can't expect a young side to finish in the top 2, we don't have parachute payments" blah blah.

Five years have passed and we are back to square one in the summer when all the players depart. What a waste of everybody's time. Only under these owners can such a thing be possible.

Pulis was mentioned a few pages back. There's a real possibility of him replacing Mowbray at some point, due to his agency connection. I'm not enthused by the idea, but he isn't one to throw away opportunities to win and then just shrug it off, so he would be an improvement on Mowbray.

Funny because fergie's fledglings coped pretty well under a manager who knew how to get the best out of them. Yes I know Mowbray is a million miles away from Alex fergurson. He's a million miles from Darren fergurson

7 minutes ago, yoda's brother said:

guess who

"If you get the first goal we can go onto win 1-0 but we concede and go on to lose 1-0. It was a tight game. You can't win football matches if you don't score goals."

Steve kean territory 

• Like 1