BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (a) - 20/3/22

The only way we have a chance of a play off place is to get the new manager bounce. We desperately needed a striker in January and the owners etc didn't get one so there's no chance we'll get a new manager at this stage of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

One episode in the game that summed it up for me. This may be my mind playing tricks but here we go. A good pass into the Reading box from the left wing, Dack gets the ball under control, but a poor finish that the keeper parries, the saved shot falls to Gallagher, who falls on his arse. The ball rolls to another Rovers player, who lashes out at it, as if the whistle has already been blown. The ball ends up in the stand. These are meant to be fucking professionals.  

I had no idea what Gallagher was thinking either. 

It was harder to do what he did than to score.

Kaminski has potential to be a premier league keeper. What will hold him back is his erratic distribution. Too many times he kicks it away. It was his dodgy ball out of play that gave Reading possession when they scored.

The only way we have a chance of a play off place is to get the new manager bounce. We desperately needed a striker in January and the owners etc didn't get one so there's no chance we'll get a new manager at this stage of the season.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nowhere near that level yet Tyrone 

Nonsense in all honesty chaddy, we haven’t scored in7 away games and a lot of that time we haven’t looked like scoring either. That’s indefensible and to say that we have ever been as bad as that is bollocks . Mowbray setting bad records all over the place and your defending him, time to give up on your love for him 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did we get promoted? Yes. Job done. Move on. 

I rather Mowbray than Kean and Coyle every day of week and twice on Sunday in the Rovers dugout

I have moved on it’s you that’s harping back to it as a major achievement. 
kean and coyle as bad as they were wouldn’t get trounced 7-0 at home or play Bradley Johnson as a false 9, something to think about 

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Nonsense in all honesty chaddy, we haven’t scored in7 away games and a lot of that time we haven’t looked like scoring either. That’s indefensible and to say that we have ever been as bad as that is bollocks . Mowbray setting bad records all over the place and your defending him, time to give up on your love for him 

What else has to be taken into consideration, is the standard of some of the teams we haven't been able to score against.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Whether we play 4 or 5 at the back at least we have Nyambe - our only competent right sided player back available.

That's if you would play Nyambe would I wouldn't now. 

33 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I posted that stat yesterday after the game so I am fully aware of that. One of the reasons I have posted why we need to move away from 3/5 at the back and go back to playing 4-2-3-1 with Giles on the left with Dolan or Khadra on right with Dack in the 10 role and Brereton or Gallagher up front. What your view on that? 

We have created enough chances in games but not finished them off. Yesterday we had good chances yesterday whether it was Dack, Gallagher, Buckley or Lenihan we should scored. Do that we would have won the game. 

No love in at all, but To suggest he is close to Kean or Coyle time at the club is pathetic IMO

29 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I have moved on it’s you that’s harping back to it as a major achievement. 
kean and coyle as bad as they were wouldn’t get trounced 7-0 at home or play Bradley Johnson as a false 9, something to think about 

Maybe you forgotten the Spurs away game where we didn't have a shot and losing 2 nil and Kean took Yakubu off. Kean's tactics was bizarre enough. Coyle was a disaster of appointment

We got trounced 7 nil cos we still went for the game even we were 2 nil down and man sent off. I stayed until the end of that game. 

I have said Mowbray was wrong with the Johnson false 9 against Derby straight after the game. I can't be any more clearer than that 

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Nyambe in the team? 5 defeats in 27

Without? 7 defeats in 12.

More nonsense from the fella that dominates the forum…

Talking purely as a right back Nyambe is much better. Just as Lenihan is better as a centre half. If you were a winger who would you rather play against ? No contest really.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's if you would play Nyambe would I wouldn't now. 

I posted that stat yesterday after the game so I am fully aware of that. One of the reasons I have posted why we need to move away from 3/5 at the back and go back to playing 4-2-3-1 with Giles on the left with Dolan or Khadra on right with Dack in the 10 role and Brereton or Gallagher up front. What your view on that? 

We have created enough chances in games but not finished them off. Yesterday we had good chances yesterday whether it was Dack, Gallagher, Buckley or Lenihan we should scored. Do that we would have won the game. 

No love in at all, but To suggest he is close to Kean or Coyle time at the club is pathetic IMO

Maybe you forgotten the Spurs away game where we didn't have a shot and losing 2 nil and Kean took Yakubu off. Kean's tactics was bizarre enough. Coyle was a disaster of appointment

We got trounced 7 nil cos we still went for the game even we were 2 nil down and man sent off. I stayed until the end of that game. 

I have said Mowbray was wrong with the Johnson false 9 against Derby straight after the game. I can't be any more clearer than that 

As pathetic as at lot of your nonsense today I would suggest, as a fair few folk seem to disagree with you. 
At this point I don’t think it matters what formation we play, the management and players aren’t good enough to make anything work, a total rethink and rebuild needed come the summer, let’s limp towards mid table in this one then regroup, get rid of the deadwood- mowbray and think where are we actually wanting to go here 

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Talking purely as a right back Nyambe is much better. Just as Lenihan is better as a centre half. If you were a winger who would you rather play against ? No contest really.

Personally I think Nyambe is a better player in both positions, he just can't play both at the same time.

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

As pathetic as at lot of your nonsense today I would suggest,

maybe look at your comment about Mowbray being worst manager under Venkys when you think we had Kean and Coyle under Venkys who have been massive worst than Mowbray ever will be. Cos thats is nonsense. 

as a fair few folk seem to disagree with you. 

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. 

At this point I don’t think it matters what formation we play, the management and players aren’t good enough to make anything work,

I disagree with that. This squad is more than capable of winning games 

a total rethink and rebuild needed come the summer, let’s limp towards mid table in this one then regroup, get rid of the deadwood- mowbray and think where are we actually wanting to go here 

I would suggested that most of the deadwood went at the end of last season. 

If we don't get a playoff place I agree we need a new manager/head coach. Someone like Neil Critchley or Paul Warne would be my choices. If we only picking a certain list of managers then the best bet might be Mark Robins or Rob Edwards. Would Bellamy be worth a gamble. 2 outsider names Sabri Lamouchi(former Forest manager) and Currently FK Bodø/Glimt manager Kjetil Knutsen. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

maybe look at your comment about Mowbray being worst manager under Venkys when you think we had Kean and Coyle under Venkys who have been massive worst than Mowbray ever will be. Cos thats is nonsense. 

Incoming FACT.

The death spiral run last season was statistically worse than Coyle. Think that makes him worse at football management.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Incoming FACT.

The death spiral run last season was statistically worse than Coyle. Think that makes him worse at football management.

Did Coyle have us in the playoff places or challenging for promotion?  

Maybe I was asleep during that time

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not fit to lace Berkovic’s boots. What is his proper position just out of interest ? 

Left side midfielder/wing back

any suggestions who this Berkovic type player is? 

Andy Bayes mentioned several times during yesterday game that Mowbray look at signing John Swift from Reading but couldn't afford his wages cos he is 30k a week at Reading. Is it any wonder why Reading are in a financial mess and get a points deduction this season 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fair enough if that's your opinion but mine is different. 

Mowbray has picked who he wanted Venus, Lowe, Johnson, etc. 

I suspect the new manager will bring who he wants whoever that new man. 

The only one of those that Mowbray appointed was Venus. 

Lowe and Benson were already at the club and were promoted from lower positions when Coyle's gang cleared off and Johnson moved over from the u23s.

Of course he will say he picked them, or is happy to work with them, but no manager is going to admit that they have had to work with people imposed on them. Especially not one with skin as thin as Mowbray.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. 

I disagree with that. This squad is more than capable of winning games 

I would suggested that most of the deadwood went at the end of last season. 

If we don't get a playoff place I agree we need a new manager/head coach. Someone like Neil Critchley or Paul Warne would be my choices. If we only picking a certain list of managers then the best bet might be Mark Robins or Rob Edwards. Would Bellamy be worth a gamble. 2 outsider names Sabri Lamouchi(former Forest manager) and Currently FK Bodø/Glimt manager Kjetil Knutsen. 

Maybe read my actual post instead of misquoting me then, I said most damaging, been here for the longest time without actually doing very much good for the here and now and future. Truth is they are all crap managers , mowbray makes tactical headscratchers much more than the other two from my memory however. 
so before calling it nonsense please make sure you understand my point because clearly you don’t here.

squad capable? Iv seen nothing but dross from us since Xmas, literally nobody that can show any composure or put the ball into the net. And if you don’t score lad, well , you don’t win games 

• Like 1