BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (a) - 20/3/22

You can't keep losing almost every game and expect it not to catch up with you. Looking at teams below us, we really stand a good chance of finishing outside the top half!

From being 2nd and flying at Christmas that is some decline.

Failure to sign a striker in January and ludicrous positional decisions will see us finish once again in a mediocre position.

Has to go but we can't expect the next manager to be a good choice, it will be someone cheap from the usual agency.

As the rust at Ewood continues to spread I despair at what depths Venkys have brought us too. It almost seems like they are getting years of revenge for one snowball.

• Like 9

Another hugely disappointing game for us all and worryingly  (in light of the Bristol City defeat) against a really like side extremely low on confidence. I wasn't comfortable with the selection of a back four despite the comeback against Derby. The excellent run we went on was with a back three/five and suits our players and the ability to counter attack. After Mowbrays strop on Tuesday he was omnipresent in the technical area today but might as well have been sat down. I noted several times when he wandered about with his head in his hands after a mistake by a Rovers player. There seems to be a malaise going on that Mowbray can't fix despite all his bluff and bluster.

He can blame individual errors for ever but solely from a results perspective the buck stops with him. I'm dreading another three years of him.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Another hugely disappointing game for us all and worryingly  (in light of the Bristol City defeat) against a really like side extremely low on confidence. I wasn't comfortable with the selection of a back four despite the comeback against Derby. The excellent run we went on was with a back three/five and suits our players and the ability to counter attack. After Mowbrays strop on Tuesday he was omnipresent in the technical area today but might as well have been sat down. I noted several times when he wandered about with his head in his hands after a mistake by a Rovers player. There seems to be a malaise going on that Mowbray can't fix despite all his bluff and bluster.

He can blame individual errors for ever but solely from a results perspective the buck stops with him. I'm dreading another three years of him.

We just need to keep everything crossed that by one way or another, he departs our club this summer. Enough is enough. There’s a reason why he’s one of the longest serving managers in the football league. Change is urgently needed. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

They'll probably give him a five year deal on the back of this season's efforts. 

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We just need to keep everything crossed that by one way or another, he departs our club this summer. Enough is enough. There’s a reason why he’s one of the longest serving managers in the football league. Change is urgently needed. 

I'm convinced if he gets on that plane to India he'll come back with a new contract. These wretched owners won't sack him face to face. When Kean got us relegated from the PL he went to India in the summer and came back with an improved deal. They are a cowardly bunch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

They'll probably give him a five year deal on the back of this season's efforts. 

It would not surprise me at all.

At which point I will give up. 

We will be out of the nasty play off spots later today and dear Tony can stop worrying about promotion and can focus on blagging himself a new contract.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

There were some who called me deluded for my negativity ahead of this fixture. Perhaps there is more of a sense of realism now.

If you set the side up deliberately to negate your players' strengths, then it can be no surprise when they underperform, get injured or simply fail to turn up on the day. But that is what this bumbling, idiotic, gurning chump does routinely, week in week out. On the one day that he does it so flagrantly that it causes his players to revolt, we get a decent result. But as soon as we revert to type, we are back to the slow and anoxic decline into an also ran club, spiralling gracelessly out of play-off contention.

I've said for years now that the half-wit should be gone (see my posts as 'WIR Second Coming' if you want to check that). Problem is, there is NO-ONE at the club able to pot him, NO APPETITE for change from our owners, NO CHANCE of a real and motivated manager being appointed.

We, my blue and white friends, are fooked.

For those of you who believe anything different, keep taking your medication - it won't make any difference, but at least you won't feel anything. For the rest of us, the drugs don't work anymore....

Edited by Guest
Fat and round, Waggot patrols the ground, Rust and dirt - he don't feel the hurt., lies and bile on and up they pile, Rovers die and WE KNOW WHY, Liars cheats and gurning chumps, THEY STOLE OUR CLUB, THE USELESS LUMPS

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

Yet you still back him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullsh1t!

IMO, none of our managers back in those days were as tactically inept as this clown.

The wise ones know that you first need a half decent manager!

The owners DO NOT select the players, play players out of position or set the team up with diabolical TACTICS.  One person only is to blame for this tactical mess and that's, IMO, Pep Mowbray! 

Spot on.

The wise ones amongst us don't buy, IMO, the Mowbray bullsh!t.

Made no prediction today on this MB.

I lost all faith with our manager after Wednesday's debacle even though we won.  I think Mowbray has lost the dressing room and totally, totally lost the plot.  The only good thing to come out of today is I backed Reading!!!

I would sack, IMO, this absolute clown of a manager tonight and appoint Warnock until the end of the season with a £1million bonus if he gets us up.

Just checking why Warnock left Boro.

• Like 1

I’ve read a couple of reports that say Gallagher ”slipped” for the chance - I think that’s being kind to him as I didn’t think he slipped at all he just dived at it or more probably just fell over -  no composure when the goal was there for the taking 

I remember when Gallagher was on loan here first there was a piece with him and Coyle on Soccer AM when Coyle was firing passes at him and Gallagher had to finish them first time - he blazed about half of them wide or over - Coyle actually started having to encourage him it was so bad - since that day I knew we shouldn’t sign him - tries hard but just doesn’t have the quality 

Edited by Jakey
  • Like 5

Mowbray LOVES jumping on us missing ONE CHANCE IN 90 MINUTES OF FOOTBALL, as an excuse for not winning the game. It’s championship football!!! You will miss chances!!! They missed 4 first half; 2 absolute sitters. We were second best yesterday again and we won’t get away with it at this stage of the season. Hedges was the classic Mowbray signing of coming on and looking like ‘I’ve absolutely no idea what I’m supposed to be doing’. Giles RWB… after khadra was RWB… I could go on. Time to go Mowbray, I worry about a top 10 finish if he’s here after the international break.

40 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

IMO, we someone to come in and make an immediate impact.

With Warnock's personality, he would do that.

Just what on earth have we to lose if you think Mowbray has lost the dressing room and totally lost the plot and the evidence I see suggests to me he has.

There will be some who hide behind Brereton's injury and say give him another 12 months, come September it will be give him until Christmas, come November it will be give him until after the January 2023 window and on and on and on, IMO, the feckin misery and hopelessness will go.

We need change and now.

Rovers need to be bold and brave and on many occasions fortune favours the brave.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Mowbray LOVES jumping on us missing ONE CHANCE IN 90 MINUTES OF FOOTBALL, as an excuse for not winning the game. It’s championship football!!! You will miss chances!!! They missed 4 first half; 2 absolute sitters. We were second best yesterday again and we won’t get away with it at this stage of the season. Hedges was the classic Mowbray signing of coming on and looking like ‘I’ve absolutely no idea what I’m supposed to be doing’. Giles RWB… after khadra was RWB… I could go on. Time to go Mowbray, I worry about a top 10 finish if he’s here after the international break.

Yeah this grinds my gears every week. He forever talks as if the opposition have committed daylight robbery when we lose matches, yet, most weeks (there are of course exceptions) we’re creating just 1-2 really good chances per match. Like you say, we couldn’t have argued yesterday if we went in 4-0 down at HT yet he thinks bar for a brief spell that ‘we were on top’. 

He’s talking to the owners via the media IMO. Not that they’d even care to read up on us of course.

• Like 2

I see no evidence of TM ‘losing the dressing room’

What I see is the standard post Christmas slump. Normally it has us falling from say 9th to 17th, season finished by February. This time it has seen us drop from 2nd to probably 7th by this afternoon, one of the biggest prizes in football rapidly drifting away, so obviously it feels much worse, but it is par for the course for this manager.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It would not surprise me at all.

At which point I will give up. 

We will be out of the nasty play off spots later today and dear Tony can stop worrying about promotion and can focus on blagging himself a new contract.

For me re-appointing Mowbray would the equivalent of appointing Coyle. We know what he’s capable of and it’s not good enough. It never has been for me. I bailed out temporarily when we appointed Coyle. I didn’t watch us, I didn’t take any interest in the club or football apart from looking at the scores at 4-55 on a Saturday. I didn’t come on this site.

Being really honest I felt a lot better for it. My weekends weren’t ruined any more.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

Ewood looks tired..the players look tired…Mowbray has looked tired all his life …..the fan base ( those in attendance and otherwise )  are tired of him, his dated methods, his constant criticism of his young players, his personal need to play players out of position…

If he is still in post after this season what is left of the fan base will be more than tired it will disintegrate further…

Clearly, the chances of promotion are slim….but if our annual fall down the table is enough to see him out …that in itself will feel like promotion to me ..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Despised at Boro, mostly for playing players out of position week in week out.

I'd have taken him a few years back, sadly we appointed Coyle, be afraid, be very afraid......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

He's been stealthily turning all the blame onto the players recently in typical 'nothing to do with me' fashion.

One min he's telling us we are a young naive side the next thing he's questioning some players desire. Surely they shouldn't be anywhere near the team if that is the case.

15 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Worst appointment - most damaging . Mowbray costing us millions by throwing away a league 1 title followed by a shot at promotion, not to mention the 4 years of no hope wilderness. Il give you kean but even he played players in their proper positions and did sign some decent players.  coyle was hopeless but he was fairly quick in and out, albeit cost us relegation but by not getting promoted as I said, mowbray has cost us more. I’m disgusted by him this evening 

I would say Kean appointment was more damaging given we were relegated from the PL and thats cost us more money than anything. Kean and Coyle were useless for this clubs. Mowbray has been far from useless and he got promotion from league 1 at the first time where bigger teams like Leeds, Sunderland, Sheffield united have took longer to get out from it 

14 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Realistically top 6 has gone. Some will  look at the table and think we still have a chance, but I think that's delusion. Why? 6 goals all year and 7 away games in a row without scoring. We're in relegation form. 

Time to turn attention to how we sort out the mess in the summer where 3 key players will be leaving and we won't get a penny for them. Not to mention the two loanees and main goalscorer going. A huge mess. 

Hoping we get a new manager in the summer and I think we will.  We're looking at a 2-3 year re-building job which I don't think TM will have the appetite for. 

I still think we can get top 6 spot but there is going a few twists and turns before the seasons ends. 

14 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I feel like a new manager now is perfect timing (not that it will happen of course). We could really use that new manager bounce that often comes along, the honeymoon period. Might just be enough to squeeze us into the playoffs. If we continue with Mowbray, I can only see things continuing in the same vein and us definitely not making the playoffs. I don't think we will get this good a shot at the playoffs again for a long time. For me, it's time to roll the dice.

That said, I'm not interested in Johnson or Dunn for the top job. It probably wouldn't bring the new manager bounce because they are already known to the players, plus Johnson has zero senior managerial experience, whilst Dunn hasn't really succeeded with his senior managerial experience. I'm not one for the nostalgia of appointing an inexperienced manager just because he used to play for us, it's idiotic logic IMO. I don't know who is available right now though so I can't suggest anyone.

No guarantee in a new manager bounce at all. 

I think I would like to Johnson and Dunn on the coaching staff on a new manager next season

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say Kean appointment was more damaging given we were relegated from the PL and thats cost us more money than anything. Kean and Coyle were useless for this clubs. Mowbray has been far from useless and he got promotion from league 1 at the first time where bigger teams like Leeds, Sunderland, Sheffield united have took longer to get out from it 

I still think we can get top 6 spot but there is going a few twists and turns before the seasons ends. 

No guarantee in a new manager bounce at all. 

I think I would like to Johnson and Dunn on the coaching staff on a new manager next season

Dunn’s been a failure everywhere he’s been.

• Like 7