BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

So if ten of us made appointments with Waggot at different times and unbknown to him all with the same agenda as just to see what he says. I wonder if we'd get ten of the same versions, ten different ones or a random mixture ?

I suppose we'd have to promise a bit of positive PR as well though to get a toe in the door.

• Like 4

The whole coaching set up is a joke … Venus never gets off his ass .. Lowe just looks tired … Benson should no where near giving last minute instructions to the subs .. The amount of Coffee paper cups in the hands of the various coaching staff during a game looks totally unprofessional … It’s like they are out on a night out …

2 wins in 15 says it all ….. 

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Because of what I had already learned prior to visiting the club it was pretty simple to dispel the rumours and utter crap, it was relatively easy to look ahead and see how the supposed plans impact on the club. If it doesnt come off then it will be very simple to take the club to task be it personally or through alternative means, if changes occur for the good and better then I will be content to some extent about what I was told. 

It is not just me who is aware of potential goings on at the club, there are many others who choose not to say what they know and for clear reasons. If there is a time when I need to fully explain things then you can bet your last penny, it will be out there.

Feck me. It's King Canute..

The Tide (of shite) continues to flow inevitably towards Rovers' shore, despite the protestations of many claiming to be ITK. It has done so relentlessly for the past 12 years, and is likely to do so until someone builds a new sea wall,. 

No sign of a new sea wall....

53 minutes ago, martonrover said:

So if people at the club are happy to freely give information to outsiders about these plans, and “many others” have this information, why the secrecy?

As of yet, we have seen no tangible evidence that anything is changing for the better at the club in any meaningful way.

You need to look more closely at ALL aspects of the football operation at Ewood and then you will see and understand changes

18 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So if ten of us made appointments with Waggot at different times and unbknown to him all with the same agenda as just to see what he says. I wonder if we'd get ten of the same versions, ten different ones or a random mixture ?

I suppose we'd have to promise a bit of positive PR as well though to get a toe in the door.

Then why don’t you try instead of spouting off on a forum? And for the record I promised absolutely nothing 

16 minutes ago, unleaded said:

The whole coaching set up is a joke … Venus never gets off his ass .. Lowe just looks tired … Benson should no where near giving last minute instructions to the subs .. The amount of Coffee paper cups in the hands of the various coaching staff during a game looks totally unprofessional … It’s like they are out on a night out …

Nothing against Benson or Johnson but for the other 3 the gravy train should end as soon as possible.

Lowe warms them up and they are doing more or less the same things they did when Bowyer was here. How long ago was that ?   Standard stuff that a lot do i suppose just straight out of a manual but hes been here almost the entire Championship mediocre era.

Surely some fresh ideas are needed especially if it's replicated in training every day.

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Then why don’t you try instead of spouting off on a forum? And for the record I promised absolutely nothing 

I might just do that but unlike you i don't need to fuel an air of 'i know something you lot don't'.

21 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

You are right, its about opinions.

I just want to make this bit clear, I have not put all my faith into Steve Waggot or anyone else that I have spoken to at the club. Yes, I listened to them but before I did I was armed with all sorts of research, evidence and so many different versions of what or what hasnt happened since day dot. What I have been able to ascertain from the club leads me to believe that there is a bright future, or indeed better future ahead for the club over many aspects of football operations not just the playing side but ALL aspects including as a priority the FANS, commercial, the ticket fiascos, the academy, the pitches, the rumour and speculation, the finances et al.

Because of what I had already learned prior to visiting the club it was pretty simple to dispel the rumours and utter crap, it was relatively easy to look ahead and see how the supposed plans impact on the club. If it doesnt come off then it will be very simple to take the club to task be it personally or through alternative means, if changes occur for the good and better then I will be content to some extent about what I was told. 

It is not just me who is aware of potential goings on at the club, there are many others who choose not to say what they know and for clear reasons. If there is a time when I need to fully explain things then you can bet your last penny, it will be out there.

Finally, the grass being greener issue never works in a players favour especially when it is Rovers. History shows the likes of Hendry, Sutton, Bentley, Gestede, Rhodes, Marshall, Gallacher and many others who left for various reasons and it didnt really work out for the better, maybe financially but not professionally.

Cairney, Raya, Hanley, Duffy, King, Hoilett, O’Connell, Bell…

Just a few of the more recent leavers where it definitely worked out well for them.

At this level the finances are always going to be a big factor… the jump from 4k to 15k a week is a lot more significant than the jump from 30k - 45k.

• Like 1

These lads or most of them are as far as we are aware on less than 5 grand per week so the financials are very important to them. If they get offered double but are going to other championship teams as back up they'll probably take it espicially if they don't know what the hell is happening here next season.

It isn't rocket science and i don't know where this myth of them thinking they'll step into Prem sides has come from.  They are young but experienced championship 1st team starters on modest to low wages.  They will be FREE of a fee and even doubling their money probably still sits within a lot of clubs budgets.

There'll be plenty suitors but lets all take Waggot and Mowbrays side on it eh, i mean we are sooo confident they'll bring in better, right ?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’m glad you feel that things are improving in one way or another and also glad you feel like you’ve helped with that.

I think for the sake of message board harmony, you’re going to need to put some meat on the bones, or keep quiet.

We’ve had a disastrous end to the season and things have gone terribly. It’s really not helpful to talk in riddles and then not elaborate. Any time you feel like expanding, please do, otherwise, it’s probably best not to start.

Good to see that a moderator has spotted that this poster is talking in riddles.

The fans have gone though enough, without being teased about something that seems totally at odds to what they are seeing.

I guess you are saying, put up or shut up, only in a polite way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Interesting thought, Tony. Given how thin-skinned he is, and how hard he thinks he works, not being offered another contract could easily have eaten away at him. Add in being overruled by the self-same owners on selling Rothwell to bring in a couple of players to further add his stamp to the promotion push (in his mind), and I could well believe he himself has downed tools. Would tie in with your comment about training being perfunctory and dull these days.

In the months before my retirement John the real difficulty was motivation for me. As I got closer to the day the harder it was to show any enthusiasm. Perhaps Mowbray has been on this 'journey' too.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

What I have been able to ascertain from the club leads me to believe that there is a bright future, or indeed better future ahead for the club over many aspects of football operations not just the playing side but ALL aspects including as a priority the FANS, commercial, the ticket fiascos, the academy, the pitches, the rumour and speculation, the finances et al.

There are seven areas to look at there, namely :-

- All aspects of football operations, as a priority, the fans                         
   - Commercial            
   - Ticket fiascos           
   - The academy              
   - The pitches               
   - Rumour and speculation           
   - The finances

With all due respect 1864, it all sounds rather vague. There are no specifics. I know I sent you a personal message a few weeks ago and I was grateful for the time you took to reply. However, I didn’t learn anything as, your reply to me was in the same format as this, ie. all rather vague.

I suppose, in addition to the areas above, you could also add in the stadium and, not least of all, the position of the manager. That would increase the seven areas to nine, without thinking of a few more.

How about a few specifics. Perhaps choose just two of the above nine areas and let us know how you have been left with such optimism that leads you to believe that ‘there is a better future ahead for the club.’

• Like 5

3 hours ago, unleaded said:

I would make Ayala, a player/defensive coach. At least he would be able to do half the job he is being paid for

Edited by rigger

7 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Wonderful analysis from Linz Lewis (she's a member on here I think? Been on the BRFCS podcast before) on BBC Radio Lancashire Sport last night.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0byc3hq

Starts at the 18m:38s mark.

Summed up succinctly and eloquently. 

She’ll clearly have fonder memories of Mowbray’s time than I ever will but I thought she summed things up well.

Ps. I feel it’s important to warn people after they finish their chat about 30 mins in fairly soon after moggadon starts prattling on. As soon as I heard captain charisma I tried to exit the page but he kept coming through on my phone. Nightmare 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

I don’t expect a performing seal on the bench, but the body language of TM has been horrendous in recent weeks.

Doesn’t engage with the players, his staff, the officials.

Whilst pretty much every opposition manager is a bundle of energy, cajoling his players, running things past his coaches, in the ear of the fourth official etc etc….

Our fella? Just leans against a wall, or wanders around, yards from anybody throughout, so is it really a surprise to see a reflection of it on the pitch?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

In the months before my retirement John the real difficulty was motivation for me. As I got closer to the day the harder it was to show any enthusiasm. Perhaps Mowbray has been on this 'journey' too.

Same for me Tony; I never thought I would check out, but I did. Maybe he was ticked off sufficiently with Venkys after the window to not see why he should bust a gut to make them £150 million richer.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Same for me Tony; I never thought I would check out, but I did. Maybe he was ticked off sufficiently with Venkys after the window to not see why he should bust a gut to make them £150 million richer.

He'd have made himself richer with promotion too though. I'd be absolutely amazed if a promotion bonus isn't in his contract.

If nobody is ever set specific, time bound measures of success, how will anyone know if they are doing a good or a bad job?

The same principle applies throughout the club (or any viable business for that matter).

Without measures of success or failure, or a team plan of intentions, measured regularly, irrespective of whoever the team coach is, we've no chance of success!

Particularly when there is nobody to direct the traffic, set the objectives and ultimately 'pull the pin' either if necessary!

It starts at the top!

• Like 9

We'll know in a couple of weeks just how much the club is looking to move forward as the owners will have to resolve the managerial/coaching situation one way or another.

My expectations are astonishingly low with that regard. 

No stories after saying "they were set too appoint Farke but Pasha opted for Phil Brown instead", they either make a sensible, decent appointment for a change or we can assume that it's as you were in Venky HQ.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Am happy to write to any of the contacts you have at the club, to express my concerns and to seek clarification of the future direction and intent. Do feel free to PM me some names & contact info. Despite my boorish public persona on this cesspit, I do actually hold down a decent job as a professional person, and regularly rely upon my communication skills to obtain information and action from others 😉

33 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

We'll know in a couple of weeks just how much the club is looking to move forward as the owners will have to resolve the managerial/coaching situation one way or another.

My expectations are astonishingly low with that regard. 

No stories after saying "they were set too appoint Farke but Pasha opted for Phil Brown instead", they either make a sensible, decent appointment for a change or we can assume that it's as you were in Venky HQ.

I’ve read that Mowbray’s contract is up at the end of June. What betting that unless he throws in the towel that we won’t hear anything before then?

• Like 1