BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

I'm quite happy for Mowbray to start throwing a couple of grenades the owners way.  

A) It reminds the media and general  fanbase that venkys are still an issue. 

B) It may persuade venkys to throw a bit of money at the next appointment to deflect the pressure away from them again. 

It's a fools hope but you cling to owt these days. 

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
Spelling
  • Like 8

30 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Then why did he turn down cash for a slow build ?

Hes quoted somewhere saying he had to calm the owners down with the spending along them lines anyway

Oh, I agree TM just talking his usual bollocks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

"Oh, hello Mrs. Desai."

"Yes I'm fine thanks. How are you, rest of the family OK.?"

"How much did you say? Where's my pen?"

Mowbray has confirmed he is leaving our club and its time our focus goes on who we appoint as next manager/head coach and how we move on from Mowbray and build on the 8th place finish

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So to summarise, does that mean you're back pedalling at a rate of knots on your assertion that Farke could be coming in?

Where have I said that?  

Whilst on the subject of back pedalling, are we to now assume that its you now back pedalling or are you still of the view great things are coming, and we should be grateful?

Before you answer, remember you walked straight into that!!!!

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has confirmed he is leaving our club and its time our focus goes on who we appoint as next manager/head coach and how we move on from Mowbray and build on the 8th place finish

🤣 oh come on....please allow us a little time to process our loss.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

🤣 oh come on....please allow us a little time to process our loss.

OK that's enough processing, let's get on to next season. I am looking forward to June 23rd.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, den said:

Mowbray comments today should prick a few ears.

When he’s openly saying he doesn’t know how the owners work, and when he’s saying Waggott doesnt make the decisions it really is damning on the owners and on Waggott. For starters, it’s no good to anybody when the main man at Blackburn doesn’t have any power, can’t make decisions and presumably - like Mowbray - doesn’t  understand how the owners work, how they think or what they want. If he had any credibility he should tonight be considering his position.

Then again we’re looking for a new manager. If they read Mowbrays comments would they fancy risking their reputation, or building their reputation after seeing what a mess this club is? Someone will of course, but how can they succeed under these conditions?

As for the owners, Mowbrays comments are just adding to the already low esteem that they are held  in by most fans. 12 years. It really is time for them to sell up and move on. They can’t bring anything to this club apart from derision, confusion and exasperation. Put the club up for sale. Your times up in my opinion.

This is a total shambles of a club.

It is time for them to move on but Mowbray has sung their praises for the last 5 years. Now he questions. Get him out the door up to Hartlepool. If they where so bad he should have resigned. He’s made a great living and now he stars thinking something not right. He makes me laugh. Playing the cards for himself the old lag

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Is there anything they could say that would change your mind?

I can never say never but I feel very strong in my mind that it's not a conversation where they say 'Tony will you stay?' and I say 'yes because you're asking'. There are lots of things that need to change. I want to give myself a chance to compete in the Premier League with a club that has the finances, the backing, the support and everything around it to compete in this league at the top and be disappointed if you don't get out of the division.

So he wants to be close to his family in the north east and challenge in the premier league with a team with money. That will be Newcastle. Answer no chance. He is an absolute dreamer who overrated his ability and his standing in the game. This is the guy who was on his way to chesterfield before his agents intervened. Even Pulis implied he got it easy. I will almost guarantee this will be the biggest and best job he’ll every get and he messed it up 

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

I still think we’ll be non the wiser in two weeks, they’ll be no word from the club officially. Then boom end of June a new rolling contract for Mowbray 

Nah not after his comments today - once Suhail has fed back.

I agree there will be no word on anything by then, mind!

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Well hopefully his words dispels the myth, that you can believe anything thats said at Ewood.

Cosy jobs, cosy paypackets, zero influence, and in place due to the football leagues tick box exercise of having to have registered UK directors.

Anyone who gives them an ounce of their time really needs to shake their head. Parasites sucking cash into their banks, and if possible making a quick bob or two on the side

Meanwhile thousands of miles away the loons in pune, couldnt give two hoots, never have and never will.

The removal of Venkys is when this pain stops and the club can rebuild, until then, we can debate until the cows come home, but it wont change the basket case our club has become.

Agree Glenn anyone who thinks we cant rebuild after venkys take a look at wigan blackpool or bolton even

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Such an odd level of hate towards Mowbray in here by some, reading into every spoken word, are you the same folks that logged on twitter to send threats to Rothwell's missus when he was having chats with Bournemouth by any chance? 😄

No.

• Like 6

There seems to be some on here who are happy for TM to be going because they feel he has blown our chance at promotion. Were the same people seeking for him to extend his contract when we got into the top 6 and then top 2? Because that would appear to be the logical balance to wanting him gone due to us not making the play offs or better. 

Yes the drop off was awful. But the level of hatred and ill feeling certainly didn't seem balanced with positivity toward him when, quite frankly, we were over performing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alex l said:

There seems to be some on here who are happy for TM to be going because they feel he has blown our chance at promotion. Were the same people seeking for him to extend his contract when we got into the top 6 and then top 2? Because that would appear to be the logical balance to wanting him gone due to us not making the play offs or better. 

Yes the drop off was awful. But the level of hatred and ill feeling certainly didn't seem balanced with positivity toward him when, quite frankly, we were over performing. 

No.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, J*B said:

What gets me is he speaks as if it’s new to him.

“I don’t think Steve makes the decisions”

Is that new to you Tony? You’ve been here 5 years. We all know that, why don’t you?

Yes but we all knew playing Bradley Johnson as false nine was a bad idea but he didn't for some reason. 

• Like 2