BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

16 minutes ago, alex l said:

There seems to be some on here who are happy for TM to be going because they feel he has blown our chance at promotion. Were the same people seeking for him to extend his contract when we got into the top 6 and then top 2? Because that would appear to be the logical balance to wanting him gone due to us not making the play offs or better. 

Yes the drop off was awful. But the level of hatred and ill feeling certainly didn't seem balanced with positivity toward him when, quite frankly, we were over performing. 

No. I wanted him gone last season where we had nosedived for the second successive season and were in relegation form. I wasn't particularly high on our position in January because I knew in the long run we would fall way short. 

This second half season pattern is a Mowbray thing, not a Rovers one. Even a semi-competent manager would have had us in the play-offs from where we were. He has been holding back a reasonably talented young squad for a while.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

No. I wanted him gone last season where we had nosedived for the second successive season and were in relegation form. I wasn't particularly high on our position in January because I knew in the long run we would fall way short. 

This second half season pattern is a Mowbray thing, not a Rovers one. Even a semi-competent manager would have had us in the play-offs from where we were. He has been holding back a reasonably talented young squad for a while.

I can’t work out why the spiral happens every year at roughly the same time. Are they working the players too hard ? It doesn’t look like it.

24 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Glad Mowbray is going.  However I am worried what dud they will appoint now and will it be another decline. 

Farke, Dyche or Keane for me.

One of those is not like the others.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, alex l said:

There seems to be some on here who are happy for TM to be going because they feel he has blown our chance at promotion. Were the same people seeking for him to extend his contract when we got into the top 6 and then top 2? Because that would appear to be the logical balance to wanting him gone due to us not making the play offs or better. 

Yes the drop off was awful. But the level of hatred and ill feeling certainly didn't seem balanced with positivity toward him when, quite frankly, we were over performing. 

To be fair I think most felt he should have gone the season prior.  Where, with plenty of older pros, a 30 goal striker and one of the brightest young talents in the game, he managed to put together the worst run in our history. 

This season we over achieved early on to get in an unexpectedly good position. At that time it's churlish to criticise an over achievement so people just piped down and hoped he could keep it up.  Sure to form though,  he managed to unravel the good work through poor tactics, selections and January window. 

I genuinely don't know anybody - here or in the real world - that  over the last 18 months wanted Mowbray to extend his contract. 

• Like 8

Heard today waggott has resigned and given three weeks notice, Venkey’s will pay compo for Ainsworth. Don’t want you all to go into meltdown, just something that’s been passed on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

You can't get promotion without going on a journey first. 

A 100 million journey, that's obviously the only reason we didn't make it in the end.

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Heard today waggott has resigned and given three weeks notice, Venkey’s will pay compo for Ainsworth. Don’t want you all to go into meltdown, just something that’s been passed on.

If only, but Waggott ain't resigning unless the next managerial appointment is made above his head. He currently intends to be part of the appointment and stay at the club.

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

If only, but Waggott ain't resigning unless the next managerial appointment is made above his head. He currently intends to be part of the appointment and stay at the club.

Unfortunately I think you are right Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alex l said:

I wanted him gone last year on the 2 wins in 17 before the shit show this year.  Not because I hate him. Never meet him so as a person no opinion. However as a football manager to big him up he’s bang average. What he is good at is talking himself. That is just an opinion.  Let’s see where he ends up. If he’s as great as you feel then it’s premiership here he comes but I doubt it

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

I wish!!!!!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

For what it's worth, I heard the exact same thing at the game today.

Obviously no idea if true but the person who said it doesn't make things up.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

There is no way they would pay the compensation for Ainsworth

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What style of play are we set up for ? Mowbray’s had 5 years and he still hasn’t decided on one

Quite. I guess what I meant is a lot of our players aren’t suited. Pickering, Buckley, Dolan, BBD, Hedges all wouldn’t fit. 

• Like 1

Cost cutter pound shop box ticker strikes again, no doubt there is some agent connection if this is true.

Somebody needs to tell Waggot it isn't his money, this guy is seriously messing this club up and it makes you wonder why. Just what sane person would push Cocu over Farke, over anybody really.

Just sounds like they want a foreign coach for the sake of it and it needs to be the cheapest one.  Hopefully TM takes the Hartlepool job and there is a vacancy in the executive dept.

• Like 3